It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Investigating interesting and familiar names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Among the news that the Mueller report is expected within the month, I found this:

The previously unreported interviews about the flow of the money are among the latest developments in the investigation of key figures who worked at the three firms — Mercury Public Affairs, the Podesta Group and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Prosecutors have focused on the role of Skadden Arps’ lead partner on the account, the former Obama White House counsel Gregory B. Craig, in arranging financing and media coverage for his firms’ work, the people familiar with the questioning said. And the prosecutors, they said, have also been asking about the extent to which the lead partners on the accounts for Mercury and Podesta — Vin Weber, a former Republican member of Congress, and the Democratic fund-raiser Tony Podesta — were involved in orchestrating their firms’ day-to-day lobbying and public relations on the account.

Has Manafort been cooperating by testifying against his former co-workers Tony Podesta and Craig? All part of the DC Mega-lobby and connected on the left side of the aisle, it appears they might actually be looking to enforce the law evenly! All these guys (and Stone) are sleezy. We should all be happy if these guys wind up behind bars.

Amazing that other than briefly a year and a half or so ago (when the Podesta Group suddenly shuttered and the players scattered like roaches with the light on) none of this as managed to get traction in the "news" while Manafort's brief stint as Trump campaign manager was an essential part of any story.

Can't wait for the report. Get the popcorn ready. Everybody should be happy this is wrapping up.
edit on 5-2-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Hm,

Contributions to candidates: $1,149,438
Contributions to Leadership PACs: $10,000
Contributions to parties: $572,506
Contributions to 527 committees: $28,350
Contributions to outside spending groups: $19,125

Clinton, Hillary $454,434 $454,434 $0
DNC Services Corp $299,129 $299,129 $0
Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte $47,983 $47,983 $0
Republican National Cmte $39,850 $39,850 $0
Van Hollen, Chris $37,870 $32,870 $5,000
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte $29,315 $26,315 $3,000
Graham, Lindsey $25,100 $25,100 $0
Brady, Kevin $22,000 $20,000 $2,000
McGinty, Katie $21,463 $21,463 $0
Harris, Kamala D $15,850 $15,850 $0

Open secrets

Never heard of these guys before.

It seems as though they were made to retroactively file FARA docs:

WASHINGTON (CN) – Days after Skadden Arps was made to register as a foreign agent, a Russian company told a federal judge Tuesday that the case suggests Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been treating it unfairly.

Recognized by Forbes as “Wall Street’s most powerful law firm,” Skadden Arps came clean about its work with convicted lobbyist Paul Manafort on behalf of the Ukrainian government as part of a $4.6 million settlement Thursday with the Department of Justice.

Indicted Russian Firm Cries Foul Over Skadden Arps Settlement - Courthouse News
edit on 5-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: FARA reference

MANHATTAN (CN) – Under fire for its work with Paul Manafort on behalf of the Ukrainian government, the law firm Skadden Arps agreed to register a foreign agent Thursday and pay the Justice Department more than $4.6 million.

The settlement amounts to a fraction of the more than $2.6 billion reported in revenue last year by Skadden, which Forbes dubbed “Wall Street’s most powerful law firm.”

Skadden Arps to Pay $4.6M for Manafort-Linked Ukrainian Op - Courthouse News
edit on 5-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: more FARA info

edit on 5-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yeah, it hit the news a bit early and then disappeared. I, like many, were wondering why Podesta Group was allowed to shutter and all these groups allowed to retroactively refile instead of being squeezed like Manafort was. Maybe, just maybe, they are going after the whole kit and kaboodle afterall.

Great links, btw.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

WITCH HUNT!!!

Wait, no, good on him!

If "lefties" are breaking the law, they should go to jail.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Good on you. I will shed zero tears for Stone or Manafort either. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg, but these guys are well-connected on both sides of the aisle. All swamp creatures. Maybe they will be sacrificial l̶a̶m̶b̶s̶ goats, but it's a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Mueller's brief was to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election.

He has stuck to his brief.

It was never targeted at Trump, or the Republican Party, and it wasn't about collusion.

It has however, netted several on the Republican side of things.

Tough!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

This report by the NYTimes seems to indicate quite a few well-connected people on both sides stand to be "netted".

I still have zero respect for what they've done to Flynn. I've never liked Manafort or Stone. I'm not about to lose sleep over them going down. Nor will I for Podesta or Obama's buddy Craig. It's the whole filthy system.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: chr0naut

This report by the NYTimes seems to indicate quite a few well-connected people on both sides stand to be "netted".

I still have zero respect for what they've done to Flynn. I've never liked Manafort or Stone. I'm not about to lose sleep over them going down. Nor will I for Podesta or Obama's buddy Craig. It's the whole filthy system.

If they are crooked, they deserve it.

I think that the wrap-up is not likely to reveal any more, but that's entirely opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder if Michael Cohen's financial interaction with the Trump Inauguration committee is connected. That committee was subpoenaed today by the Southern District of New York prosecutors. Lots of $$$$ missing!

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The left breaks the law, the right breaks the law. Sounds like something that cradles silicone implants.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder if Michael Cohen's financial interaction with the Trump Inauguration committee is connected. That committee was subpoenaed today by the Southern District of New York prosecutors. Lots of $$$$ missing!

www.cnbc.com...

Go back and re-read that article. There are no allegations of missing money. They are looking to see if any money was "misspent." In other words, another fishing expedition looking for a crime.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Mueller's brief was to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election.

It was never targeted at Trump, or the Republican Party, and it wasn't about collusion.

Tough!

What ?
Making up our own news now , are we ?
Work at CNN ?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I've been saying this since it started. Podestas and Russians are tied to Manafort and Flynn. Podestas tied to HRC and tied to Obama.

Time is a ticking....

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: chr0naut

Tough!

What ?
Making up our own news now , are we ?
Work at CNN ?

Of course not.

This is Mueller's brief.

He has stuck to the brief and it has been successfully prosecuted, resulting in 37 indictments.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't think any big dogs are going to be touched. That'd be too much to ask for from DC.

new topics

top topics

join