It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAIN TAX It'sClearly High Time for a Revolution Clean em ALL OUT NJ Approved Govnr to sign intolaw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
WOW Now NJ is getting taxed on the weather THE WEATHER!!!! RU Kidding me?? When will people stand up and say enough taxes. To use what is given correctly first.

Now, residents and businesses could be taxed extra … when it rains.

Save it for a rainy day. Some of your hard-earned dollars may be taken away as the weather turns ugly and rain drops fall on the Garden State
The bill passed in the Senate and the Assembly and is now headed to Gov. Phil Murphy’s desk.

We all want to protect our environment. We all want to preserve it for future generations. But this is a weighted tax. The citizens of New Jersey … really with no oversight and no way to defend themselves against tax increases at local levels,” Kean said.

newyork.cbslocal.com...
edit on 2/5/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We had a rain tax in Portland Maine.

One of the many reasons I got the **** out of the city.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So it's spreading like a sickness....

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So it's spreading like a sickness....

It spreads on 'blue' waves of stupidity.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Houston TX Drainage Utility Charge

The developers should be paying for the damage they have done.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's the beauty of the United States. If one state does something idiotic you can just move to another state to punish them for their ignorance.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Many people in Houston have been told they must raise their house 2 foot in elevation if they want to restore it after the flood.

Pay $100,000 plus for a company to raise the house or it cannot be remodeled. Really screwed people over.
edit on 2/5/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Please check your private messages.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I said the same thing when I read that... But then, I look at everything else taking place in this country right now and I just laughed and said... "Doesn't surprise me". Not at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I pay a $15 ditch tax that is added onto my property tax.
I guess you could call that a rain tax.
Never have understood why I have to pay the county do clean out a ditch when I'm already paying the county employees to work.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The art of politics is learning how to squeeze every last drop out of the public coffers, just ugh!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Make no mistake.

'Progressives' would even tax snip if they could.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
That's the beauty of the United States. If one state does something idiotic you can just move to another state to punish them for their ignorance.

Until they all jump onto the stupid wagon and there is nowhere left to go.
It's inevitable.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Agreed.
Until it becomes economical impossible to move and rebuilt a free life.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The fact that they jumped right to a tax shows that this is purely a money and power grab for Big Brother. The same stated purpose (reduction and filtering of wastewater flow) could have been accomplished by simply offering credits for application of approved Low Impact Designs, rain gardens, infiltration dry wells around parking lots, etc. Offer the property owners a carrot on a stick and most would have made revisions to their own properties, themselves, to take advantage of the credits... but no, why do that when you can instead take even more money from people, money the governments have ZERO effing claim to? Legalized theft, pure and simple, legalized institutional theft.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Taxing the Air We Breathe is Next . This is what Happens when Dumb Ahass Americans Vote for Democrats . You Reap what you Sow Bro ..........

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Taxing the Air We Breathe is Next . This is what Happens when Dumb Ahass Americans Vote for Democrats . You Reap what you Sow Bro ..........

I sowed none of this and, frankly, I'm pretty damn sick of being expected to reap the poverty and pain that comes from their BS.

top topics

join