posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
Gentlemen, let's consider a few things:
1. The people of Lebanon rose against their government, and their government resigned.
Let's assume Syria moves its troops back in to regain control.
2. In the last state of the union speech, Bush said that he will help any people revolting against their government.
3. Due to past experiences with Bush, we know he usually keeps his word on international policies.
4. By implication, the U.S. should interfere if Syria attempts to regain control.
5. Iran and Syria signed a pact to help each other against aggressors.
6. If the U.S. interferes with Syria in Lebanon, then Syria and Iran will fight against the U.S.
... There is a possibility of a very large war on the horizon.