It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big bang moving 3 time the speed of light?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Ok they say that the universe started from a big bang.
13.8 billion years old. (look it up)
93 billion light years big.
so that means it is travelling Over 3 times the speed of light.
But they Say you can Not travel over light speed!

what is it expanding in to?
are there more big bangs?
are scientists stupid? I think so.
why do people thing what a scientist says is always true?

edit on 5-2-2019 by buddha because: why not

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

No , it does not. Space is being created ahead of the expansion , and expanded behind. Still moving at the 99.9% of the speed of light.

In the Universe ?

That will never be known.

Why ?
Which ones ?

why do people thing what a scientist says always true?

Depends on your definition of the word "theory"
A theory is never taken as an absolute until it reaches 6 Sigma

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I have no idea, how they figure that. I still believe God created everything, no matter what scientist say. I just don't think it went down the Adam and Eve way. If we exist so can God.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

...what is it expanding in to?

The current theory is that we're headed for what they call 'the big rip';

In physical cosmology, the Big Rip is a hypothetical cosmological model concerning the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the matter of the universe, from stars and galaxies to atoms and subatomic particles, and even spacetime itself, is progressively torn apart by the expansion of the universe at a certain time in the future.

According to the hypothesis, first published in 2003, the scale factor of the universe and with it all distances in the universe, which is known to be accelerating, will be found to increase exponentially.

If this were to happen, the model speculates that eventually in many billions of years' time the scale factor would become infinitely large, pulling even subatomic particles and the fabric of spacetime apart, ending our universe.

The possibility of sudden singularities and crunch or rip singularities occur only for hypothetical matter with implausible physical properties.

Source (Wiki)

It's not the best source, but it's all I have quickly to hand (I'm on mobile,
)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I have no idea, how they figure that. I still believe God created everything, no matter what scientist say. I just don't think it went down the Adam and Eve way. If we exist so can God.

Funny you would bring up God . An increasing amount of Theoretical Physicists are saying that the more they learn , the greater the possibility for a "simulation" or a "creation"

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Pretty comprehensive answer there gothmog

Case closed.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

the universe expanding into a spherical shape would explain it to me and it's still traveling at just below speed of light as the member above stated.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

the universe expanding into a spherical shape would explain it to me and it's still traveling at just below speed of light as the member above stated.

Imagine space as we know it inside of a balloon
What happens as the balloon is being inflated ?

As far as my theory ?
The person holding the balloon will let the air out.
Thus the start of the Great Contraction
Wash , rinse , repeat
See ya here again in a few trillion years

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That theory is interesting, and I have read about it. If we are in a simulation, that would be a trip, to discover. I mean look at our games these days. Think of what they would be like in 100 years. Super computers in the future would certainly be able to run simulations.

link   
I think our universe is just one tiny cell that's part of a larger living organism or some sort. Google brain cell vs the universe and you will get a better picture of what I mean.

link   

originally posted by: buddha
13.8 billion years old. (look it up)
93 billion light years big.
But they Say you can Not travel over light speed!

why do people thing what a scientist says is always true?

I don't buy it. Everything is already in place as it has been for billions of years. I love science but couldn't care less for what we call scientists these days. The reason this is all a theory is because they can't prove it. All they can do is jump through 30 million hoops and loops and dandydoos to write an article, throw out some 108 character formula and say "See? Told ya."

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That theory is interesting, and I have read about it. If we are in a simulation, that would be a trip, to discover. I mean look at our games these days. Think of what they would be like in 100 years. Super computers in the future would certainly be able to run simulations.

It is starting to become popular although just a few have made it to a Theory stage.
A French(?) mathematician once stated that the Universe could run on only a few lines of code. I think 8 ?
I will try to look it up once I return from the vape shop .

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

In the Universe ?

But this doesn't explain the point that, as you mentioned in your post above, if space is being created ahead of the expanding universe, what exists there before that space is created ahead of it (if there is a "there" there)?

It is rightfully said that the big bang is not an expansion into space , but rather an expansion of space. And that's fine, but what -- if anything -- is outside of that expansion? Or is there even an "outside" that we can talk about.

edit on 2019/2/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

my conception is not of a pin-point of space 'expanding' into an ever growing sphere

my mind sees the infinity arrow of creation pointing inward to the core of a sphere...which would better explain just how the Background Radiation from the initial Big Bang is constant in all directions, all around us in every direction...

our physical universe is an Infinately growing Inward Implosion ---->> instead of an infinitely expanding explosion

so from an outsider, like God, the universe started out as a walnut sized event-horizon singularity and has been creating itself in the direction of the center core of that walnut sized event...ever since the Big Bang & will continue to grow toward the central point which is the distance-of-Infinity away.

edit on th28154937801705462019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

ETA

one future time, the walnut sized universe may become so heavy with the added density of matter & gravity that even God cannot hold the walnut sized infinite universe in his hand any longer
edit on th28154937858805562019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't buy it.

It is not 4 sale

Everything is already in place as it has been for billions of years.

Really ?
As the "Red Shift" is observable.

I love science but couldn't care less for what we call scientists these days

Which era do you care for ?
The Dark Ages ?
The Medieval Period ?
The Renaissance ?

The reason this is all a theory is because they can't prove it

Every idea starts as a Theory
Once upon a time it was theorized the world was round and circled the sun

All they can do is jump through 30 million hoops and loops and dandydoos to write an article, throw out some 108 character formula and say "See? Told ya."

It is just a little bit more complicated than that
Research
Theory
Peer review
Acceptance
So on and so forth

link   
How do we know the Big Bang is operating at a constant speed, it might have slowed down to, ahh who knows, it’s all just a guess by scientists who think we should believe their guess

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
How do we know the Big Bang is operating at a constant speed, it might have slowed down to, ahh who knows, it’s all just a guess by scientists who think we should believe their guess

It is not expanding at a "constant speed"
For now , theory goes , it is accelerating .
As the space time fabric grows larger due to expansion , the faster it "seems" to go.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

In the Universe ?

But this doesn't explain the point that, as you mentioned in your post above, if space is being created ahead of the expanding universe, what exists there before that space is created ahead of it (if there is a "there" there)?

It is rightfully said that the big bang is not an expansion into space , but rather an expansionof space. And that's fine, but what -- if anything -- is outside of that expansion? Or is there even an "outside" that we can talk about.

How large can the universe grow ?
As I stated before . imagine a balloon as the space/time fabric. Now , imagine the "known" universe inside that balloon. What happens as the balloon is being inflated ?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

We'll ultimately kill ourselves off with technology. The more advanced we become, the more we become threats to our existence. We should have stopped at Super Nintendos, C/K series Chevy Silverados, and Nokia analogs. Almost everything past that can pretty much be hacked into.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It is starting to become popular although just a few have made it to a Theory stage.
A French(?) mathematician once stated that the Universe could run on only a few lines of code. I think 8 ?
I will try to look it up once I return from the vape shop .

Nice. I just used the last of mine and have to make a trip there today myself. Do you vape in front of people? I don't. It's too trendy and I don't like looking like a copycat, I started this stuff before it became a trend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join