It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Chair Adam Schiff is Setting a Perjury Trap for Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lying is not a perjury trap. Don't lie and you cannot perjure. It's really that simple. That being said, it should be noted that perjury is different from forgetfulness, and is held to a higher standard.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Every American that has been indicted by Mueller has had perjury listed as one of the charges. I wonder what the question and answer was that triggered perjury for each of them.?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, you cannot just say I do not recall when they have something they are asking about.

I have done many. Last major one was a client who purchased over 400k in software. They told us they wanted one thing, brought it, and when they realized they were over their head tried to return it. No ice.

I spent multiple days for about 4-5 hours each time. It sucked. They had my logs of the work I did. Each log in. The time. How long. security cameras. Who I talked to. All the emails. All the hone records.This is how they got Stone for not recalling not lying. There is a big difference. They got me a few times on procedures. I was not lying I could not remember certain items about very mundane things. They used it to say I was lying about how I did my part of the project.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Schiff has no choice. He has fully committed himself to the narrative (including lying making claims of seeing "evidence of collusion") and staked his entire future/career/reputation on President Trump being impeached/convicted and then indicted for some charge that constitutes "collusion"

Problem is, as Mueller's office has made clear, that simply isn't going to happen.

Regardless, Trump is going to serve out his term. At this point in the game, I can't see the American people permitting any action against the President.

Doing any such thing would be a certain way to spark the 2nd Civil War. What bastard/short sighted SOB is willing to risk that over sour grapes and pettiness? On the other hand, patriots are willing to risk everything for the Constitution because this country is nothing/worthless without the Constitution and a legitimate government/justice system. We are nothing better than a 3rd world # hole banana republic kangaroo state without the Constitution.

Schiff is simply trying to prolong the illusion/delusion as long as possible. The minute Mueller's impending report comes out (depending on what A.G. Whittaker/A.G. Barr decides to release, if any at all) Schiff reputation will be in shambles. So will that of many members of congress, state officials and MSM pundits who have hitched their entire reputation on this being true. So many have presented their own misinformed petty opinions as facts and those chickens are coming home to roost soon

I don't blame voters for sharing those narratives, although many do compulsively.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
No, you cannot just say I do not recall when they have something they are asking about.

I spent multiple days for about 4-5 hours each time. It sucked. They had my logs of the work I did. Each log in. The time. How long. security cameras. Who I talked to. All the emails. All the hone records.This is how they got Stone for not recalling not lying. There is a big difference. They got me a few times on procedures. I was not lying I could not remember certain items about very mundane things. They used it to say I was lying about how I did my part of the project.

If you don't have an electronic paper trail you can. But it appears you did. I'm speaking about actually not remembering, you had no excuse, you had it all logged and you and your attorney should have reviewed that prior to the deposition or asked to answer at a later date after reviewing. You did have an attorney present, right?

If Jr. has a paper trail and lied about it then I guess he's gonna have to deal with the ramifications.

edit on 5-2-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Pyle
Dont lie and you cant be caught in a lie...

Simple concept that members of the Trump circle never learned it seems.

Some should learn not to believe in bull__ coming from Schiff
But they are liberals that will believe anything their neighbor tells them

All Schiff is doing is having a vote to hand over interviews that were done under oath to Mueller. Is that something I shouldnt believe in?

Or are you upset that people who lied are being charged and prosecuted and I pointed out an easy solution to the problem for Trump's team?

Yeah bad memory is a crime right? This is why you never answer questions without a previous transcript of what you said before. you can get them from the court or congress if you request them.
No its nto a easy solution because almost no one can remember exactly how they answered a question months earlier. there are studies on this as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Lying is not a perjury trap. Don't lie and you cannot perjure. It's really that simple. That being said, it should be noted that perjury is different from forgetfulness, and is held to a higher standard.

Ill give you a example. they ask you what you had for breakfast under oath. 3 hrs later they ask you again and you say something different. Bam perjury. FBI agent told me when you talk to them always use a lawyer because they always try to get witnesses on a process crime to lock them in.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

When they have phone records and emails, and you still lie....whose fault is that?

you reap what you sow....

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
February 4, 2019

This makes good on Congressman Adam Schiff's first promise, after American voters gave Democrats the House Majority in November. That was, to get Donald Trump Jr. indicted for lying to Congress.. for PERJURY.

Don Jr. and Jared Kushner’s congressional testimonies are finally going to Mueller

The House Intelligence Committee’s Democratic leadership has scheduled a vote to send potentially explosive transcripts to special counsel Robert Mueller’s desk.

The Democrat-majority House Intelligence Committee will vote this Wednesday, Feb 6th at 10:00am, on turning over sensitive Russia-probe transcripts to Mueller, in a move that carries serious implications for anyone who can be shown to have lied.
Source: news.vice.com...

If Special Counsel Bob Mueller is colluding with House Democrats to get President Trump removed from office, going after Donald Trump Jr., may be how it begins.

Mueller will compare transcripts of what Trump/Kushner told Congress, with what Trump/Kushner told his investigators and/or Grand Jury.

If it turns out that one, or both men, have inconsistencies between the two testimonies, Bob Mueller will determine which authority was lied to, and indict that individual for perjury. We've seen how easily the Special Counsel hands out Perjury charges. The DANGER HERE IS REAL!

The big question is, what is President Trump going to do about this? He said after the November election, that if House Democrats make good on their threats to launch hit-jobs against him, or his family, his response will be devastating to the Democratic party.

Thread on that subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

-CareWeMust

The house intelligence Committee just released all transcripts of testimonies to Bob Mueller so he can start his perjury witch-hunt against Donald Trump jr. and Kushner.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Didn't they do that last September?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The house intelligence Committee just released all transcripts of testimonies to Bob Mueller so he can start his perjury witch-hunt against Donald Trump jr. and Kushner.

How can it be a witch hunt if evidence is presented that shows perjury and lying under oath.

Time for the Republicans to take responsibility for their actions like they tell everyone else to do, instead of making lame excuses for the accused.
edit on 6-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Something has been lost in all of this: What is Trump Jr. or Kushner supposed to have lied about? He's admitted that he was hoping to get dirt about Hillary. Everything we've learned since then meshes with this. We know now that he didn't talk to his dad before the meeting. No promises were made, and the meeting ended once it became clear she was just trying to lobby to repeal the Magnityski Act. So, what lie are we supposed to be concerned about?

edit on 6-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Didn't they do that last September?

NO. That is when Kushner and Trump Jr. met with Bob Mueller's team to answer questions. Now Mueller will compare the answers Kusher and Trump Jr. gave Congress against what they gave his investigators. One minor inconsistency and BAM...Perjury.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When they have phone records and emails, and you still lie....whose fault is that?

you reap what you sow....

Once again most people cant remember exactly what they say or do everyday. This is one law needs to change but its abused by the government too much to be striken from the books.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

again just dont lie... your answers will remain consistent if you just dont lie to begin with.
Why is this so hard for some to understand?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

They cannot charge you with purjury for forgetting details. Sorry but there is no way for someone to be forced to lie.
Never. If they do they suffer the consequences.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It seems clear to me that future testimony in front of Congress will involve a lot of people saying, " I don't recall those specific events "

If you tell the truth, you can still be convicted of perjury, so be honest and say that you don't remember.

If someone asked me details of a meeting that occurred a year or more ago I would honestly have to say that I don't remember the specifics. If there were notes of the meeting and/or action items I may be able to produce something that would help my memory but short of that I just wouldn't know the specifics

So, you will in the future here a lot of testimony where no one can remember the specifics of meetings.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I wonder what the question and answer was that triggered perjury for each of them.?

Q: Did you collude with the Russians?

A: No.

edit on 272019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I wonder what the question and answer was that triggered perjury for each of them.?

Did you collude with the Russians.

Probably not. Interesting how "the question" which caused the perjury charge, is kept hidden.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm sure its not one question and one answer.
Why do you insist on over simplifying the whole thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join