It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore says Dems need to accept far-left Ocasio-Cortez as party leader

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Speaker AOC! ROFL! That would be awesome! It would be the end of the Dem party.

Speaker Occasional Cortex, "Um like...yeah...like um we're gonna vote now on some new laws ok? We don't have much time because you know like the world is coming to an end in 12 years so yeah, let's like vote on ....um... ya know the bill with the really big words in it. And uh...uh... oh yeah, one more thing... Orange Man Bad."

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Omg! Can we like broadcast congress on snap chat?! I can’t even!
a reply to: JonInMichigan

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I work 70 hours a week taking care of the elderly, who both need and deserve someone to be there for them. Don't tell me I'm a defeatest. I've recently paid down most of my debt and go to a gym to get healthy so I can keep helping where it's needed.

I will not stop fighting for all who contribute to society. Giving up that fight truly would be defeatest.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Then please stop telling me how no matter what you do some "rich guy" is screwing you.

That isn't the case.

Maybe it is for the economically illiterate.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It is because in order for the elderly to get the help they need and deserve I need to work rediculous hours for crap pay and never be home. This lack of pay results in very few people taking this job meaning fewer people do it, meaning many people don't get the care they need. In addition many that do get the job due to not making enough eventually give into the taking advantage of the elderly.

I mean I guess it's not an issue if you don't mind people stealing from and neglecting your grandma. It is for me.

If you contribute to society you should be paid a decent wage period.

I'm only making headway by sacricing my life at 70 hours a week and adding the gym on top to stay physically healthy enough to keep up with it.

I'm not at my best at work I can't be while this exhausted. That's not right for me or my clients.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Nothing you said is the fault of rich people.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Who's fault is it that people are underpaid?

It's not big pharma charging too much for meds?

It's not insurance driving up medical costs?

It's not politicians skimming too much off the top of medicair and medicaid?

It's not everyone higher up in my industry taking large percentages of the money dedicated to this while passing the minimum possible down to us aides?

These all sound like rich, well off greed to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

It is because in order for the elderly to get the help they need and deserve I need to work rediculous hours for crap pay and never be home. This lack of pay results in very few people taking this job meaning fewer people do it, meaning many people don't get the care they need. In addition many that do get the job due to not making enough eventually give into the taking advantage of the elderly.

I mean I guess it's not an issue if you don't mind people stealing from and neglecting your grandma. It is for me.

If you contribute to society you should be paid a decent wage period.

I'm only making headway by sacricing my life at 70 hours a week and adding the gym on top to stay physically healthy enough to keep up with it.

I'm not at my best at work I can't be while this exhausted. That's not right for me or my clients.

Define "decent wage".

I agree with you that elder care is important. However, it is also uber expensive even when the workers aren't making a lot of money.

There is no connection whatsoever in your complaint about wages and what people are willing to pay for elder care and rich people supposedly taking advantage of the populace.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Governemnt created the managed care system you're involved in.

Take it up with LBJ. His Great Society created the wage stagnation and price inflation found in the healthcare industry.

edit on 5 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I've worked other jobs before settling on this one. Is not much better in most any other industry. Only reason I'm sticking with this one is at least my job is making a real difference to real people beyond lining some rich assholes pocket.

As long as people think a person can be worth a thousands of times more than another person I will be against the extreme wealth gap we have.

I don't disagree with wealth gaps or different rates of pay for different work. There is such a things as extremes though and in MY opionin we are not a little into the extremes but absurdly so.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I do pretty well because I'm not in any debt, carefully budget, and I INVEST.

Which is what most people who put themselves in the "have not" category don't do.

They also think it's impossible to do with small amounts of money. It isn't.

I'll write a thread about it because what is REALLY important here is that so long as we sit around blaming other for our lot in life then it will never improve.

No one is ever going to kick anything down for you. You gotta climb up and grab it. That's always been the case and still is.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Just because it's possible to do doesn't mean it isn't becoming harder, nor the demands becoming greater. How many obstacles are people supposed to just accept being piled in their way before they've had enough?

I'm paying off debts and working towards my future at my pay but it takes absurd hours and stress. Is causing me major trauma to do so emotionally. I'm still doing it and it can be done but that neither makes it right nor acceptable.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just because it's possible to do doesn't mean it isn't becoming harder, nor the demands becoming greater.

I will prove you wrong and I truly hope you benefit when I do.

I'm paying off debts and working towards my future at my pay but it takes absurd hours and stress.

"If you don't figure out a way to make money while you sleep you will work until you die." - Warren Buffet. (stikin' rich guy)

But he's right. 100%

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder when it was you lost your ability towards independent thought. As someone's who liked michael moored work on 911, why am I obligated to support any of his other ideas? Because all or nothing am I right? Don't be moderate make a stand...

Truly disgusting. Don't tell me how to think, or how to form my opinion or well anything else. It's what I love about my country and people like you want to take it away from me. I can have free thought, and I can change my mind.

Extreme views don't mean better views. Just further from your neighbors view.

a reply to: Kryties

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'm still not sure how she got into public office.

I'm just going to assume I mandela'd again one step closer to hell *shrug*

People voted for her - enough for her to win over the opposition.

So basically she was the most qualified dem? Ooooookayyyyyyyy

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well think she has potential as much as these guys....i64.tinypic.com...[/IMG]]

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonInMichigan
a reply to: xuenchen

Speaker AOC! ROFL! That would be awesome! It would be the end of the Dem party.

Speaker Occasional Cortex, "Um like...yeah...like um we're gonna vote now on some new laws ok? We don't have much time because you know like the world is coming to an end in 12 years so yeah, let's like vote on ....um... ya know the bill with the really big words in it. And uh...uh... oh yeah, one more thing... Orange Man Bad."

Did you hear Nancy Pelosi gavel the SOTU closed last night? She had like three sentences to say, they where written down on paper she had been looking at for the last hour and a half ... and she still couldn't get though it with out sounding like she was having an anyrisum.

I think Democrats would be just fine if AOC was speaker. She couldn't be much worse than they already have.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

You were whinging that wealthy people will take their money offshore.

I said good riddance.

Any questions?

Real world case study on the subject from AOC's area of the country and from the democratic leader of her state ...

Serious as a heart attack': Cuomo warns of falling state revenue

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
What exactly is "half of a living wage"?

If the guy can't even form a coherent thought; I don't think its wise to have him help pick the next leader of his party.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: Raggedyman

You were whinging that wealthy people will take their money offshore.

I said good riddance.

Any questions?

Yeah, when's the last time a poor person signed your paycheck?

Good riddance? Yeah, and all the prosperity they bring too.

Oh so now you're FOR the wealthy. Here I was thinking you lot were against them and their "New World Order". What about "draining the swamp" - have you changed your mind on that?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join