It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore says Dems need to accept far-left Ocasio-Cortez as party leader

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I like Alexandria cause I think that voice needs to be out there representing the extreme of a party's view, so you know what you are dealing with. As a leader however there is no compromise ,no working together only her way. if everybody wants to get behind a person thats going to drill anybody making 6 figures or more she is your lady. LOL I make less than $50,000 a year and realize it might help me but isn't good for the prosperity of the country.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
She wants to tax the wealthy 70%, she just lost a lot of support from wealthy people and will guarantee wealthy people will head offshore to tax havens

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I agree Tulsi is closer to someone who isn't gonna scare off moderates, but more importantly has half a brain and could not only get elected but in the right circumstances be a good president. I'm neither left nor right, like some of Trump's work however, the prison reform for one. We might be getting to the point of diminishing returns however, if he can't implement his core ideas. That said he is more electable than anything out there yet, and there is the stability factor, economy is good lots of people working hate to mess around with that and throw some jackwad unknown into the office. The problem with the left is they become attached too and beholden to a number of high profile extreme factions that alienate them from moderate America.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
And you all worship sara sanders lol....good genes right? lol

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these posters here previously liked Michael Moore, particularly his theories surrounding 9/11, but now (all of a sudden) dislike him simply because he isn't a Trump supporter?

Bloody hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
She wants to tax the wealthy 70%, she just lost a lot of support from wealthy people and will guarantee wealthy people will head offshore to tax havens

Do wealthy people outnumber the rest?

I think not.

Their absence will only make America greater - isn't that what you Trumpets want?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'm still not sure how she got into public office.

I'm just going to assume I mandela'd again one step closer to hell *shrug*

People voted for her - enough for her to win over the opposition.

Funnily enough that's how elections work. It's not anyone else's problem that you've deluded yourself into believing Trumpets outnumber the rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I think not.

Their absence will only make America greater - isn't that what you Trumpets want?

Depends on the definition of wealthy. If you have a 401k, high end health insurance, or a college savings plan, you are probably wealthy to Cortez......

All kind of good things to tax. New cars, new homes, home sales, retirements.....

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

I think not.

Depends on the definition of wealthy. If you have a 401k, high end health insurance, or a college savings plan, you are probably wealthy to Cortez......

All kind of good things to tax. New cars, new homes, home sales, retirements.....

AOC isn't referring to those people you described. If you're going to claim she has, then pony up the evidence please.

I'd wager, even if she DID mean those people you described also, that it STILL wouldn't comprise the majority of people in the country anyway.

Either way, if they leave (which they won't - that's just bluster and spittle from them) then it's no great loss.

edit on 5/2/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I think not.

You might want to put a little bit more thought into what I said.
What you start to use your intellect you will realise it’s not about Trump, it’s just so dumb when you make it an us and them conflict

Trump or Hilary, Trump, you got lucky, wake up

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You were whinging that wealthy people will take their money offshore.

I said good riddance.

Any questions?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

there “is no middle ground anymore.”

This is a blatant admission that not only is the right perceived as a threat, but people around the center, including classical liberals I presume, are also a threat to this far-left agenda. This is worrying because I know it's not just Moore who feels this way, in fact society at large tends to view centrists as outcasts. When a person starts out right attacking moderates and saying they have no place in politics we should ignore anything that person has to say because they are clearly in an ideological trance and cannot even see how extreme their own views actually are. I wrote a thread several months ago about how Moore is deeply disturbed, this just further proves my point.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

“If you’re being moderate, stop being moderate. Take a position,” Moore responded. “There’s no middle ground anymore.

That’s a big problem right there. Everyone is being told to go to extreme left, or extreme right. And everyone is fighting...and seemingly enjoying the fighting 🤔

No one should ever believe in just the leftist side, or completely the rightist side. That creates a bunch of radical crazy people.

The only thing I like about AOC, is that she’s young. But she’s a little bit too nuts.
Politicians shouldn’t be so old that they’re bordering on senility.

Nailed it

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Both AOC and Tulsi are dedicated to getting dark money, lobbyist, and corporations out of our political process. They will do like Bernie and raise small amounts “about $27 on average” from an enormous amount of the voter base. That’s my litmus test for any potential representative. That should be everyone’s litmus test. That way your representatives truly represent you, not big money.

This should be an issue we all come together and don’t budge on. Demand it from every potential political representative. Support down ticket candidates that are dedicated to it and move them all the way up to compete with the establishment.

If there are some republicans or independents taking this stand, point me in their direction. Also, the 2 party system needs to be broken up ASAP. They need competition badly. They seem more concerned with pleasing their party and wealthy donors than they do with the people.
edit on 5-2-2019 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
This is coming from the same person who said that white men should give up power??
Why is Moore still giving interviews? why hasn't he given up his power yet?

Are you suggesting Moore is a Man?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

People voted for her - enough for her to win over the opposition.

yep she got less than 50% of registered democrat votes

she is a sure winner......

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Not one of his better ideas..why not Tulsi?

They're already trying to burn Tulsi.

I think Tulsi is a very interesting mix, and she seems sensible, though I don't know too much about her.

Here is a piece by Glenn Greenwald on how NBC is framing her to being helped by the Russians.

Ironically the same outlet (The Intercept) did an article about her having ties to Hindu Nationalists.link

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I said good riddance.

Any questions?

Whinging, I was warning the problems that could arise if your stupid muppets make people pay to much tax
If you think billionaires like Gates and Zukerman and whoever will stay and pay those tax rates

It’s not my country buddy, so do whatever you want, effects me nothing

Just common sense says people will leave your shores and less tax will be collected and if you can’t see that, be it on you

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I said good riddance.

Any questions?

It is spelled "whining", first off.

Secondly, once you tax businesses and the wealthy people that own them out of the country, where do you think the jobs go?

So you lower your tax base, collect less and have a lot more financial obligations to social programs.

Then you have to raise taxes on anyone left with a job, depleting thier disposable income and finally collapsing the economy, which is currently service-based.

Then you finally have everyone economically equal .. poor and starving.

I think your idea is stupid.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
She is the leader of inspiring hilarious memes, from the left, I agree.

If only everyone were laughing with her instead of at her.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join