It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Lebanese government resigns

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata

fair enough, but you claiming that the members of Hezbollah are actually non-lebanese is not a matter of opinion, it is just plain wrong.

..and you actually have their membership list complete with addresses I suppose? I didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

fair enough, but you claiming that the members of Hezbollah are actually non-lebanese is not a matter of opinion, it is just plain wrong.

..and you actually have their membership list complete with addresses I suppose? I didn't think so.

astro, in the south of lebanon, the Hezbollah is EVERYWHERE. I'm talking, every third person is a member. However, very few of them are fighters. Most are employed by hezbollah as doctors in their hospitals or teachers or public servants. I have met plenty of hezbollah members, both fighters and civilians. They are as lebanese as they come. Claiming that they are not is like claiming that most people in the US army are actually not american. It just doesnt make sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I think we have both taken ample bandwidth to expand upon them, don't you? It seems your passion in defending them is greater than my casual observations. For whatever reason is your own business. So, if you are intent on getting the last word so you can be "right" and everyone see it, by all means go ahead and do so. My opinion is my opinion so espousing the same thing over and over isn't going to do anything other than waste time and effort when its going to be the same every time.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by astrocreep]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
After a meeting between Syrian President Bashar Assad and Lebanese President Emile Lahoud, both presidents announced Monday, that Syria will pull its forces in Lebanon back to eastern Bekaa by the end of March.

The agreement did not set a specific timetable for complete withdrawal.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

astro, in the south of lebanon, the Hezbollah is EVERYWHERE. I'm talking, every third person is a member. However, very few of them are fighters.

Really?

Hizballah Finances

[...] Western diplomats and analysts in Lebanon estimate that Hizballah receives $100-200 million per year from Iran. [...]

Hizballah also receives significant financial support from contributions by supporters living abroad, particularly Lebanese nationals in Africa, South America, and other places with large Lebanese Shiite expatriate communities. [...]

Hizballah also depends on a wide variety of criminal enterprises, including smuggling, fraud, drug trafficking, and diamond trading efforts in North America, South America, and the Middle East. [...]

source:
The Washington Institute for Near East Policy - PolicyWatch #965 (March 1, 2005)

Rebekka

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join