It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents show CNN was tipped off on Roger Stone Arrest by 29 FBI Armed Agents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nataylor

If this was the source of CNN's information, why did they lie about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If this was the source of CNN's information, why did they lie about it?
To be clear, this wasn’t how CNN figured out that Stone was going to arrested. Stone’s lawyer suggests that CNN emailed him a version of the indictment without the PACER header shortly after the arrest. The lawyer suggests that this document must have been provided to CNN ahead of time. But the snapshots on archive.org show that such a version of the indictment was posted on the Special Counsel’s website within minutes of the arrest (and before the CNN reporter emailed Stone’s lawyer for comment). Thus, it’s entirely possible (and I’d argue likely) that CNN got the copy of the indictment they emailed the lawyer from Special Counsel’s website, as any member of the public could have. Thus there is no evidence CNN had a copy of the indictment before it was available to the general public.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Still does not explain how CNN knew an hour before the raid, does it? It was released minutes before the raid, not hours.
Did I read your post wrong?
(can CNN get an obstruction charge for tipping off Stone? I'm certain he knew CNN was outside before the raid)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

This is where I'm at with this.

If CNN was at Stone's house any appreciable length of time prior to the document being posted, it begs the question of how CNN knew to be there that far ahead of the document even being uploaded.

ETA

It looks like the doc was first uploaded at 11:40 GMT, a handy dandy conversion gives us 11:40 AM Thursday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is
6:40 AM Thursday, Eastern Time (ET).

Looks like CNN was there hours before the document was first crawled.
edit on 6-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: added photos

edit on 6-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Early last week, Senate Judiciary chairman Lindsey Graham sent FBI Director Christopher Wray a letter, demanding answers to WHO TIPPED OFF CNN, among other things.

SOURCE: pjmedia.com...

The deadline for Wray to comply was yesterday, February 5th. I doubt if he complied. There's nothing online that I can find.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Still does not explain how CNN knew an hour before the raid, does it? It was released minutes before the raid, not hours.
Did I read your post wrong?
(can CNN get an obstruction charge for tipping off Stone? I'm certain he knew CNN was outside before the raid)
I’m not saying anything about how CNN came to be outside Stone’s residence before the raid. I’m saying the claims by Stone’s lawyers that CNN emailing them a version of the indictment without the PACER header somehow indicates that CNN was tipped off beforehand is false. The letter from the lawyer provides no evidence that the Special Counsel’s office somehow provided a warning to CNN. CNN was in possession of a document that was generally available to the public and there is no indication CNN was in possession of it before it was available to the public.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: thedigirati

It looks like the doc was first uploaded at 11:40 GMT, a handy dandy conversion gives us 11:40 AM Thursday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is
6:40 AM Thursday, Eastern Time (ET).

Looks like CNN was there hours before the document was first crawled.
Archive.org captured the first document at 11:40 GMT, however, the Special Counsel Bot on Twitter indicates it was posted no later than 6:14am Eastern.

twitter.com...

The CNN reporter texted a copy of the indictment to Stone’s lawyer at 6:22am, after it was already publicly available.
edit on 6-2-2019 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
February 8, 2019

After seeing additional video of this raid today, it occurred to me that none of the FBI Agents faces are blurred out, like they normally are in videos/photos of them implementing enforcement actions.

Also, it looks like the FBI is telling the CNN cameraman where to stand for the "best shot". Crazy stuff, because I thought CNN was the only entity filming. Check out this brand new footage..

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is additional video from Stone's security cameras... the recordings were left behind by the FBI.
Stone supplied them to Congress and they have been leaked.

They do indeed show the FBI interacting with CNN, not to remove them from the street/area, but to help them.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Xcathdra

Again, your article says "may have" when will Trump supporters on ATS learn, "maybe" "perhaps" "might have" in no way means it's a fact!!

Wonder how cnn knew to be there with a film crew?
There is only one way I can think of.

But CNN's producer said it was his journalistic instinct!

Surely they wouldn't lie about that!

Nope,
Those were the exact words from their justice/legal producer.
please tell me that is a joke and that isnt what they are going with.........

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

February 13, 2019

Stone's Attorney filed a motion in court today, alleging that the Special Council's office tipped-off CNN to the sealed-indictment, before it was un-sealed.

Source: saraacarter.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What backlash? They scooped everybody. There is no backlash.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Do you have proof that someone tipped CNN off? If not then dont tell me to stop anything.
Gateway Pundit is a rag conspiracy theory publication that has no place in serious journalism.
And if they were tipped off so what? Theres no law against it is there?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This filing just reiterates the stupidity in the letter Stone's lawyer sent as seen in the OP. But this makes his lawyer look even worse. The filing includes the texts from CNN's reporter to the lawyer:

You can clearly see the reporter linked to the Special Counsel's office website, where the indictment was posted for anyone to read. So there is, again, no evidence that CNN got a copy of the indictment ahead of the arrest.

I don't think the judge is going to be happy with stone's lawyers filing such frivolous motions.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Big show when only two agent went tothe front door knocked.... waited.... knocked again .... and then Stone came out with his hands up.
Pretty anti climactic to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

They have to dramatize the whole thing. This and the number of agents raiding he house... Too bad its on film and it shows the lies they tell.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How did this turn out?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

CNN got there at 4:58 am, what's the time stamp on this text?

What is the time stamp of the first webcrawl for the document?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

But the arrest was filmed and it was pretty straight forward. No guns blazing, no shouting for people to freeze!, no screaming women or barking dogs. Just two agents who knocked and a peaceful surrender. So no drama to alarm the masses or convince anyone that Stone was public enemy number one.
I doubt they would play the video at his trial or anything lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Only "certain" people think they are fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join