It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Do For The Aches and Pains of Getting Older ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The joints mainly, but muscle aches also.

I am a 54 year old man it this started up a year or so ago. I have been taking ibuprofen, about 2 or 3 a day of extra strength and it does help, but I am looking for more natural and alternatives. Start taking vitamin d supplements along with glucosamine chondroitin msm for the last few days, and I have been improving.The joints no longer ache like they use to, but still have some aches in the muscles.

I eat decent, drink way to much beer and my job can be physically demanding at times. Seems worse when I do nothing for long periods of time.

Any helpful advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

edit on 4-2-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I take Naproxen and 2 400 mg ibuprofens.
I wake up with a sore back every morning.
Some days I need it loosen the joints. Other days no.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Drinking too much beer ? Could that be leeching out vitamins and D ? Calcium, magnesium, potassium... might help.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Dude....you my long lost brother!? Iam in the ER as we speak having my knees drained. Im only 52 ffs. I have had a bit of luck with cbd oil. Which is hemp oil.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Dude....you my long lost brother!? Iam in the ER as we speak having my knees drained. Im only 52 ffs. I have had a bit of luck with cbd oil. Which is hemp oil.

Dammit man, hope it all goes well ! CBD oil is my next attempt, but it's pretty expensive here for a bottle to just experiment with.

Good luck brother !

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Drinking too much beer ? Could that be leeching out vitamins and D ? Calcium, magnesium, potassium... might help.

I was fine till old age crept up on me. Doc mention something about vitamin d , so I started that. I have also thought about magnesium and potassium. Quitting drinking beer is a last resort.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Two words...

Relief Factor.

Or more weed....your call

The weed is hard to come by around here, plus the chance of getting tested because of my work, which really sucks.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Some folks swear that beef bone-soup is awesome for the joints.

Also look into glucosamine supplements.

Hopefully good member RickyMouse will show-up, and be his usual helpful self.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I take Naproxen and 2 400 mg ibuprofens.
I wake up with a sore back every morning.
Some days I need it loosen the joints. Other days no.

Just trying to get away from the ibuprofen. Don't think I have ever taken Naproxen, but something to look into.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Naproxen, exercise, lose weight, eat spicy foods or take capsicin (the ingredient in spicy food), use heat and ice on the affected joints.

For me it's my neck and shoulders and my old trail leg knee.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My wife and I use a homeopathic gel/salve called Arnicare. We use it for joints, muscles...even my eternal insect bites. It is amazing stuff - for pain, swelling, stiffness, itchiness.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lay off the daily iboprofun. It'll get your liver. I busted up a knee a couple of years ago and started taking it daily until a blood test came back high. I stopped taking it and the levels went back to normal. I'm 69. I know what you mean, nut get off as much as you can.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Groot.

Look up KRATOM.

Makes all pain go away for me about 6 to 8 hours. I take 1 teaspoon in a cup of tea on days I need it.

I only get it from

ChristophersorganicbotanicalsDOTcom.

Your life will change for the better for it.

Bright Blessings,

Des

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am 60. Always have done heavy work with log homes and other construction. Got tired of running a business, employees etc, and went out into the ND oil fields for 5 years. Worked 28 straight days and off 14. On the 14 off in the summer, got lost in the mountains backpacking on my days off. Always had sore back and joints, mostly hips and knees. A massage therapist in Billings MT suggested oil of oregano and inflameze from North American spice and herbs. Thought that time was my last time backpacking as my knees and hips were so painful. The first day packing while taking them, went painfree and my joints loosened up and pain left. Still packing whenever I can!! I dont take it often anymore until things get tight again. Just started taking yoga at the start of the year and am feeling benefits of all the stretches. Lots of homeopathic fixes for stiff joints, just google it!! Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
Groot.

Look up KRATOM.

Makes all pain go away for me about 6 to 8 hours. I take 1 teaspoon in a cup of tea on days I need it.

I only get it from

ChristophersorganicbotanicalsDOTcom.

Your life will change for the better for it.

Bright Blessings,

Des

Hi Des, old friend.

You know me by my dog.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Kratom. My pain isn't that bad, just bothersome at most and slows me down at work. I have thought about it, and maybe one day will try it.

Thanks,
K

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You need to hydrate better....not beer, but water
!!!!

Do you have aches, or muscle cramps as well?
I use magnesium oil in the evening, before bed. It helps with leg aches, and calf cramps.
Amazon link
edit on Mon Feb 4 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix link

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dogwooddoors
I am 60. Always have done heavy work with log homes and other construction. Got tired of running a business, employees etc, and went out into the ND oil fields for 5 years. Worked 28 straight days and off 14. On the 14 off in the summer, got lost in the mountains backpacking on my days off. Always had sore back and joints, mostly hips and knees. A massage therapist in Billings MT suggested oil of oregano and inflameze from North American spice and herbs. Thought that time was my last time backpacking as my knees and hips were so painful. The first day packing while taking them, went painfree and my joints loosened up and pain left. Still packing whenever I can!! I dont take it often anymore until things get tight again. Just started taking yoga at the start of the year and am feeling benefits of all the stretches. Lots of homeopathic fixes for stiff joints, just google it!! Good luck!!

Wow ! Thank you and very informative. I have been working in the elevator business for 32 years now. I have always felt great until the last few years when I wake up and it feels like I have been beaten with a 2x4.

Will look into it and , again, thanks !

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

CBD oil works wonders, if it's legal where you live.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
The joints mainly, but muscle aches also.

I am a 54 year old man it this started up a year or so ago. I have been taking ibuprofen, about 2 or 3 a day of extra strength and it does help, but I am looking for more natural and alternatives. Start taking vitamin d supplements along with glucosamine chondroitin msm for the last few days, and I have been improving.The joints no longer ache like they use to, but still have some aches in the muscles.

I eat decent, drink way to much beer and my job can be physically demanding at times. Seems worse when I do nothing for long periods of time.

Any helpful advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from one old man to another.

For arthritis, muscle pain, sprains, strains, pain due to internal scar tissue, and probably a few other things I have put my body through the single best recommendation I can give out is to use apple cider vinegar topically.
Soak a small towel/old tube sock/whatever in ACV until it is saturated, wrap the afflicted part with the soaked item, then wrap that area in a plastic bag or something to keep the vinegar from dripping all over yourself, and use an ACE elastic bandage/tape/whatever to hold it all in place and let it soak in and rest for 30-60 minutes. (yes you could just soak the afflicted body part in a big bowl/tub of ACV but that takes a whole lot more than it takes to soak a towel)
If the problem is one of the above listed you should feel pain relief start within a minute.
ACV will not help if it is cartilage damage, tendons, or ligaments ... its not going to work on every ailment, but it does with quite a few.
It does have to be apple cider vinegar however as other vinegars do not have the minerals & other magic hoodoo that make it work for what I listed.
As it is a vinegar, it will sting like crazy on an open cut so be warned on that (made that mistake myself with cracked skin on my hands in winter)... it is an antiseptic so it would actually help those cuts but that wont feel good.

ACV is cheap and odds are you should have a bottle on hand somewhere in your house.
Give it a shot if you do have some on hand.

My second recommendation is lots of vodka ... but that's another story

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join