It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are stupid (rant)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm in charge of a bunch of people, and we were all supposed to check in at 2145 for accountability purposes. I have SEVENTEEN Unauthorized Absences to take care of tomorrow. There goes the whole morning. But that's okay, I'm gonna pull out the book of Milton Bradley on them. I think it was Albert Einstein that said "It has become appalingly clear that our technology has surpassed our intelligence." It's not that most individuals are stupid, but get a group together, and watch the follies start. We had a nice 4.5 day weekend, and these people didn't take the appropriate measures to make sure they were back in time. If it had been less people, I guarantee that they would only have gotten a talking to, but 17?! Nope, the Man is gonnna have something to say about this.
I may well sit down at my terminal tomorrow missing a good pound of flesh from my rear. A couple people called in, saying they would be late, but NO ONE called the DNCO, or me, telling us. Now I can't protect them, I can only punish them to ease the wrath of my superiors. This really sucks, I hate punishment given or received.
On the other hand, the rest of the detachment should get the lesson well enough. No, what am I saying? Time has shown that everyone will behave for a week to a month, and then something else will come up. Things are easier when you're a subordinate. I don't know why everyone wants to be the boss. Without someone or something to be responsible for, your job is useless.

If anyone else feels like ranting, go ahead. I think its healthy to throw stuff out in public every once in a while.

But it's gotta be a rant, not just a b!tch, moan, or complaint.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
1. You have been howling in the dark alone once more, for too long, I fear.

2. Read a few of the most recent psych studies on absenteeism, and see how many of the environmental factors might be true of your workplace. As well as some attitudinal difficulties in some of the 17, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I never want to be the boss again. What really peeves me off is when subordinates show up to work with the attitude that all they have to do to get a paycheck is be a "warm body".

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Article 15 the suckers.....haha

...or ration their hooch...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Its things like that that make me happy I am for the most part a mobile field geologist. I can take off in my F250, and not mess with the "man" or any underlings all day. (I know where the "off" switch is for both my cellphone and pager, and they have started to wonder why my batteries tend to die on me so often when they try to call me
)

Of course, I have to write reports for everything I do... so I do have office time (damn). I have resorted to finding field activities that take a good amount of time to complete, but the drawback is that the more I am out, the more reports I have to write to justify it...

At one time, they asked if I wanted a couple of assistants... I said no thanks, I have enough time managing me, much less other people.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, I have a good job and when Im late I get talked to and then I have to work the drive up window for the rest of my shift. I hate that the most. Mcdonalds is pretty good place to work for the most part.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lucky sons of... Never mind. Changing the topic slightly, I have a question to quell my curiosity. What was the one "punishent" that made you feel worst? Whether crummy or pissed off. Mine was when, in high school, I was writing up a story in history class for english.(obvious nono) The teacher took the paper for the day and told me to rewrite a new story, but on a topic we had covered that day in class. He'd read it in class the next day. That just burned my bicuits.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Reading aloud of my love letter by the teacher who intercepted it made me feel daggy, but I survived.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Article 15 the suckers.....haha

...or ration their hooch...

good idea

new topics

top topics

join