It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobody wants to take care of kids anymore

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No, he/she is 100% right. one person needs to stay home to take care of the kids. But the banks convinced women that that's oppression so they went out and got jobs and loans and credit cards and got the privileged of being taxed on their earnings.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

my dad went straight for the belt. we kids knew better than to ignore an instruction from our parents. it only took one time with the belt to know we needed to listen.
a reply to: subfab

ah pain compliance techniques... the American way.

don't hit kids... your (supposed to be) smarter than them. weak minds resort to violence.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

my dad went straight for the belt. we kids knew better than to ignore an instruction from our parents. it only took one time with the belt to know we needed to listen.
a reply to: subfab

ah pain compliance techniques... the American way.
don't hit kids... your (supposed to be) smarter than them. weak minds resort to violence.

You've obviously never been bitten by a child. Children don't have the cognitive development to be managed. They must be disciplined. But you can do it with surprise as much as pain. Just like smacking a dog with a rolled-up newspaper. Doesn't really hurt, but definitely gets their attention.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I think we've all seen a trend lately, nobody wants to watch kids. Moms and dads are too busy working/surviving.

Anyone that needs someone to watch their kids feel free to drop me a PM. I have an exciting itinerary planned.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Anyone that needs someone to watch their kids feel free to drop me a PM. I have an exciting itinerary planned.

How many times do we have to tell you Masons, no sacrificing children to Ba'al!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I was gonna take them for pizza in DC!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: JAGStorm

True. It gets even sketchier when we talk about looking after the infirmed or elderly.

It's all a butt load of work. Maybe in days gone by or in other cultures, the emphasis on family was/is greater. Therefore, since it was/is deemed more important, the extra effort feels justified.

When you don't give a dang about anybody but you and your phone, the effort is overwhelming.

There is so much truth to what you said, it is just sad.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Blue Shift
I was gonna take them for pizza in DC!

Oh, sure. First it's pizza, then the blood ritual.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nothing matters more, or is more important, and meaningful as raising your own child successfully into adulthood. Pay now or pay more and more later. For your poor judgement of not putting the effort into your precious gift child. I love my children more than anything else on this planet. For disapline, we always did minutes on the time out bench. I often sat down with them and discussed why the behavior was dangerous, a dumb idea, or inappropriate. Spanking is a bad idea. No one learns why they made a mistake. Women need to learn you dont need much to be happy. Try traveling Europe with a suitcase for two weeks. You learn what is important and what you love and miss in life most. Such as ice cubes, dogs, big bath tubs and cars. Most women work to get away from their kids. My cousin felt insane from their three kids and now is chemical engineering again saving college money for them. Her family lives way above their financial means in California.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

"Used to be, you could always find one of the neighborhood high school girls to watch your kids"

Now only in Japanese manga.

Most Highschool girls do not know how to differentiate baby sitting with "get paid to browse your phone".

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
Most Highschool girls do not know how to differentiate baby sitting with "get paid to browse your phone".

Replace 'browse your phone' with 'watch TV and eat popcorn' and then the old fogies will be happy.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: ketsuko
The job is also risky.

Wait until one of the little darlings gets angry and accuses you of something you didn't do.

A former boss I had could not keep a nanny. Her two kids wouldn't stop spitting in the nannies face. They
obviously quit.
She just couldn't understand it....

Cops are known to get away with taking a billy club to someone spitting at them.
It is a serious offense and just because it is a kid does not mean they should get away with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join