It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I respect you, but this is beneath you"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Man I am tired of hearing this.

Not just on ATS, i hear it a lot.

My first thought at hearing this so often, is why the heck does anyone respect me? Apparently so many things I do are beneath me, so what doofus is still out their respecting me?

Lets just clear the air

I am as crappy as a person as anyone else. I fail to practice what I preach, I am arrogant, i am ignorant on things but still act like I know what I am talking about, I am biased, I am a hypocrite, I can be rude, I am not very attractive but act like I am, I am a long winded blowhard, I place importance on things others find mundane, I cant spell, i think I am smarter than I actually am, I constantly contradict myself, and I spend too much time on sites like ATS.

So when I am told "Man I respect you, but THIS thing is beneath you"

I dont understand why you would think anything is beneath me?

Now clearly I am having fun making fun of myself (one of my favorite past times) with the above list, but certainly there is truth in much of what I typed there.

But here are some things I am not doing.

I am not making posts just for stars and flags. I am not making vidoes just for views.

Stars and flags I literally dont care about.

Views I do want, but I have not made one video I dont stand by, and I am not just choosing topics for the sole intent of getting views.

If I wanted stars or flags, or youtube views only; you know what I would do.

Make threads and videos like this "Ocasio Cortez is a dumb bimbo who needs to shut her mouth!"

It would be so easy, take me like 5 minutes with no research, and get way more stars flags and views than anything I do.

I would stop calling out Trump when I see fit, I would stop telling making threads and videos about the need for civil discussion and instead just be as vitriolic against one side or the other.

I am so sick and tired of this allegation.

Thread after thread and video after video, so many people ignore everything I say, and instead comment on me as an individual, complaining that I made the thread for views, or that I am dumb for being concerned about a topic, etc; all the while saying absolutely nothing about the content of the video or thread.

And I try my best to ignore it and focus on content. I dont want these people silence or ridiculed and I am still going to try to maintain my goal of being civil; I am just venting and ranting here, thats all.

I know this is a fault on my part, and I should adjust this, but honestly, most of the time (most) when someone "normally I respect you, but this is beneath you" I dont believe them

I think that what this really is a backhanded insult designed to try to get me to feel bad for disappointing someone who likes me. If I felt that the person saying this was heart felt, then I would take note of it. But it almost never is.

So in conclusion

Yes I have man, many flaws. Yes, I will always disappoint anyone who has respect for me at points in my life or with my thoughts.

No I dont care about stars and flags. No I am not just posting topics for easy views. No I do not criticize people only because I am jealopus of them and their channel, or WATS score, or money, or position in politics or the media.

No I am not going to not voice my opinion because I am afraid it will cause someone to lose respect for me.

And if you think I am lying about any of that, then you have no reason to respect me in the first place.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No slipping into insecurity. You’re human so what! Keep up the good fight. I enjoy every one of your posts.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The polite way to bully someone to STFU.

Screw em. Don't like what I have to say, never wanted nor asked for your respect.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You are such an embarrassment to your mother, she taught you better than that!

Jk...

Post on, someone's gotta do it!

I type like a bird with down syndrom

(This response took 10min to type)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

No slipping into insecurity. You’re human so what! Keep up the good fight. I enjoy every one of your posts.

Oh there is no insecurity from me.

This is one of my favorite quote by the great Christopher Hitchens (I know he would have hated my thoughts on religion, dont care)

“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

The whole quote is a big influence on me, but for this topic, what I bolded really stands out.

I dont let the negativity make me insecure; I relish it.

I just like ranting.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well damn grambler, you must be human. Here I thought that you might be some sort of AI robot or something.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think you are actually giving the person(s) who said that some power by responding to it.

Like seeker1963 said, Screw em', keep on trucking!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bro,
I can't speak for your YouTube vids, as I have only seen a few. And that's not because I didn't like the ones I have viewed,it has more to do with my data plan.

As far as your threads, I find them well put together and well sourced,.

If I was you I'd take the back handed insults in stride and wear them as a badge of honor..

If they had a better retort for your arguments they would not resort to "meh he's just a Like whore "

In other words,

You know you have already won when they attack the player and not the ball...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Man I respect you, but THIS thing is beneath you

A condescending way of lightening the punch they just gave you.....

hahahaha.....Well said!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I don’t care what most here say about you, I like you man. Even if we have some differing views.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No I dont care about stars and flags. No I am not just posting topics for easy views. No I do not criticize people only because I am jealopus of them and their channel, or WATS score, or money, or position in politics or the media.

Here is a great video I did on this thread.

Please like it, and star and flag this thread!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The only thing beneath you is the gloriously flat earth and the elephants holding it.

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Your problem Grambler is you use things like sourced facts, sound reasoning and common sense. It totally disarms some leaving them vulnerable and prone to emotional outbursts.
Your posts bring on feelings of confusion and insecurity within these critics. Combine that with TDS, and you almost have to feel sorry for these people.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Here is a great video I did on this thread.

Please like it, and star and flag this thread!!!!

Damn just thumbed up that YT post...

You can't win them all.. and not all can win you. You're a special breed of thinkers

Joe Rogan is what im gathering.... Right?😏
edit on 4-2-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Star and flag for you!

Seriously though, as far as politics go, you play pretty fair. You call a spade a spade regardless of which side of the isle it sits on. I havent seen any of the videos, cause data restrictions on a work phone, but your threads are well done.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Star and flag for you!

Seriously though, as far as politics go, you play pretty fair. You call a spade a spade regardless of which side of the isle it sits on. I havent seen any of the videos, cause data restrictions on a work phone, but your threads are well done.

My videos are similar to the threads, only with a masculine baritone.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

" Stars and flags I literally don't care about." You sure about that?? Word on the street is there's some sick gummy bears and foo foo's to be had............. for enough stars that is.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU

" Stars and flags I literally don't care about." You sure about that?? Word on the street is there's some sick gummy bears and foo foo's to be had............. for enough stars that is.

I have soon a picture of me?

Last thing I need is more gummy bears.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heh, it's like the well-used "That was great, *but* ..."

You know what it is, you do a good enough job that it's hard to sound credible responding to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

On the few times I've been told that, my standard response of "Your mama was the last thing beneath me" usually recenters the discussion quickly. Obviously not advocating usage of that one on ATS... but on youtube and in your personal life, feel free to lift it from me and use it often.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join