It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Ruth BG?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Tekaran
The notorious RBG is getting “Gins-borged”.

I totally misread that initially and was going to say you're a sick, sick minded man... not that the fact I misread it changes the fact that you are a sick minded man, but at least it hasn't spilled into your thoughts on Ginsberg.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't know if that article is true but it certainly got me thinking. I searched around for about 2 minutes and found two articles.

Quora - What happens if a supreme court justice is not dead, but cannot perform their duties?

Nothing.[1]

Supreme Court justices hold their positions until they retire, die, or are impeached. If a justice is in some way incapacitated or otherwise prevented from discharging their duties, there currently is no mechanism for outside forces to remove said justice from the bench.[2] Furthermore, there are only nine spots on the bench. This is set as a matter of law, and the law does not currently allow for a “backup” or “replacement” justice to be appointed.[3]

So if a justice is unable to preform their duties while still alive, there’s nothing to do but wait for the justice to either die or decide to retire.
If they refuse to resign NOTHING. There is NO provision in the Constitution for removing a Justice for anything other than a “serious wrongdoing”.

The Constitution provides for removal of justices only by a process of impeachment. It requires a showing of serious wrongdoing but has nothing to do with mental competence. Since its beginning, the court has struggled with incompetent, addicted and even insane justices.

Politico - What Happens if Ruth Bader Ginsburg Remains Too Sick to Work?

This one goes into recent history about RGB and then looks to the past to see how these things were handled before. There are all kinds of cases.

The late Antonin Scalia waved off the idea of limiting the terms of justices as “a solution in search of a problem,” but the problem is not an imaginary one: Some justices really have clung to their positions long after their mental faculties have left them. Justice Henry Baldwin remained on the court for nearly a dozen years after his 1832 hospitalization for “incurable lunacy.” One of Justice Nathan Clifford’s colleagues described him as a “babbling idiot” in the final years before his death in 1881. Justice Stephen Field in the mid-1890s and Justice Joseph McKenna in the early to mid-1920s each reportedly spent the end of their tenures in a haze.

“Mental decrepitude” on the Supreme Court has continued into the modern era, as historian David Garrow has documented. Frank Murphy, who served in the 1940s, was likely addicted to illegal drugs by the end of his tenure, and his biographer wrote that “on at least one occasion,” with Murphy in absentia, his law clerk and two fellow justices “jointly decided what Murphy’s votes should be.” Justice Charles Whittaker teetered on the brink of nervous breakdown for much of his five-year stint on the court in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Hugo Black stayed on for more than two years after his wife concluded in 1969 that “his mentality has been impaired.”

Nor was Black the last justice whose mind slipped while he was still on the bench. In 1975, his last year on the court, William O. Douglas was so severely disabled by a stroke that his fellow justices agreed to delay any decision in which Douglas’ vote could swing the outcome. Justice William Rehnquist developed a dependence on a sedative that caused him to experience hallucinations during withdrawal; at one point in late 1981, he tried to escape from George Washington University Hospital in his pajamas. Rehnquist recovered, but two of his colleagues—Lewis Powell and Thurgood Marshall—faced doubts about their mental capacities at the tail end of their careers.

It goes on to talk about term limits, retirement age, or the possibility the other justices could vote a member off. None of these actions exist now and all require congressional action to implement. As such, they are speculative , not of any practical help in the current situation.
edit on 4-2-2019 by toms54 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I wouldn't find it too hard to believe.

BUT......

What the hell is with that picture, what is this....the 90's internet.

Such a poor picture is almost impossible to acquire with any sort of modern device, that seems odd.

Looks like someone being held down while a demonic exorcism is being performed.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The fact she hasn't been seen in public with a verified date attached is suspicious.

Wonder who might really be "writing" and "signing" her "work" ?

Big possibilities for a conspiracy of the Century 😎

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

BUT......

Such a poor picture is almost impossible to acquire with any sort of modern device, that seems odd.

...also not outside the realm of possibility here...

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The writing was on the wall with the initial news reports.

She broke her ribs. While they were treating her for that, they found two cancerous growths in her lung. Those had to be surgically removed. We later learned they were related to a previous cancer she had been treated for. And after the surgery, it was announced that she would not be undergoing further treatment for the cancer.

It's all there.

They found two growths that were large enough to show up on an x-ray for something else, meaning they were quite large. They were also related to a previous cancer she had been treated for in a different location of her body. That means they were a metastacized cancer. Those growths are almost certainly going to be malignant. They would have to be if they spawned from a previous cancer. It's incredibly unlikely you are going to get two benign lumps from a previous malignancy, let alone one benign lump. And she isn't receiving any more treatment than the surgery?! She has two growths that are fairly large in her lung, metastacized from previous cancer, and you aren't going to do any other treatment than cut them out? That's really unlikely unless the situation is too far gone and there is no point in trying to treat the cancer, meaning your patient has more growths in other places you didn't talk about, etc.

The longer we go on without seeing her and the longer it goes without actually talking to her now, the more I begin to think I read that right.

Democrats will do all they can to keep her alive until 2020 so they can say no Justice will be passed during an election year. They care about that much. It's repulsive.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

BUT......

...also not outside the realm of possibility here...

I'll second that.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Democrats will do all they can to keep her alive until 2020 so they can say no Justice will be passed during an election year. They care about that much. It's repulsive.

They can say whatever they want but the simple truth here is that the GOP had the majority numbers during Obama's final year, which gave them the ability to play that game... the Dems do not have the numbers, so all they can do is flap their gums in absence of any shenanigans from faithless RINOs.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind also, I'm not really convinced the photo is legit. I do know that I have a android tablet that takes pics that look similar to that when there is bad lighting like the photo above, and add in if it was a screen shot of a video, it could definitely look like it.

I also find it weird on how the photo would be attained. If someone was trying to keep her "hidden", then these people did a terrible job.

I wish no ill will on the poor lady, but why not at least step down if she cant do her job, unless there is indeed political motivation not to. Wonder if someone in the administration could just show up, to wish her the best, and to see how she is doing? Or have they tried. If the Democrats are doing this, then they just might "poop and fall back in it", because it wont end well for them if it's discovered the case.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Definitely shouldn't come down to other members voting off another by majority. If that was the case, the current SCotUS could vote off the remaining dems and get all reps on, then how long would it be before that changed? Not that THAT would bother me, BUT, if it were that way, we'd have all loony progs on there right now. Bad bad bad idea.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They can say whatever they want but the simple truth here is that the GOP had the majority numbers during Obama's final year, which gave them the ability to play that game... the Dems do not have the numbers, so all they can do is flap their gums in absence of any shenanigans from faithless RINOs.

CRAPSHAIT, you're absolutely right!

*slaps forehead*

Totally forgot about that.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
We will just have to wait till Feb. 5th. I personally think it will be a no show due to health reasons and the press will stay away from making any comments on her absentence.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It was pointed out today how the Liberal Mainstream Media terrorists went rabid in their speculation over why Melania Trump stayed home for a few days, after her "mysterious" surgery last year.

But nothing but flowers, get well wishes, and lung transplant volunteers for Pedo advocate Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

These satan-owned MSM outlets must be eradicated.

edit on 2/4/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Keep in mind also, I'm not really convinced the photo is legit. I do know that I have a android tablet that takes pics that look similar to that when there is bad lighting like the photo above, and add in if it was a screen shot of a video, it could definitely look like it.

I also find it weird on how the photo would be attained. If someone was trying to keep her "hidden", then these people did a terrible job.

I wish no ill will on the poor lady, but why not at least step down if she cant do her job, unless there is indeed political motivation not to. Wonder if someone in the administration could just show up, to wish her the best, and to see how she is doing? Or have they tried. If the Democrats are doing this, then they just might "poop and fall back in it", because it wont end well for them if it's discovered the case.

Man, she's probably really on life support somewhere and you know the left is too selfish to do anything but keep her alive for the sole purpose of Trump not electing another Justice. They don't care about her for any reason other than she votes in their favor. Giving a democrat your vote is like giving a bulldog a steak. They'll be your friend and lick you until it's time to get another steak. Then you'll either give it or they'll try to attack you. They weren't taught any better.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We will just have to wait till Feb. 5th. I personally think it will be a no show due to health reasons and the press will stay away from making any comments on her absentence.

This conspiracy is #1 on my radar right now.
That is why I am on ATS after all....
If the press doesnt notice that she didnt show up I will finally buy into the fact that they are shills to my side and finally switch!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Pelosi has been blocking Trumps state of the union as long as she possibly could. RBG needs to finally show herself in person or Trumps 4d or 5d chess will have finally paid off!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I heard that after she broke her ribs, someone poured bleach on her and shouted "this is MAGA country".

Truly frightening stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BREAKING!

The Notorious RBG will be noticeably MIA when President Donald Trump delivers his inaugural State of the Union address on Tuesday.

Instead, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will deliver a "fireside chat" for students and faculty at the Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

I heard that after she broke her ribs, someone poured bleach on her and shouted "this is MAGA country".

Truly frightening stuff.

Just because I want to keep this thread kinda legit because I have doubts about RBGs health....
Where did you hear that info?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
BREAKING!

The Notorious RBG will be noticeably MIA when President Donald Trump delivers his inaugural State of the Union address on Tuesday.

Instead, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will deliver a "fireside chat" for students and faculty at the Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island.
www.nbcnews.com...

I hope they can time stamp that!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join