It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[SP2019]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Is there a time or season more filled with the magic of life than Spring? When the earth awakens from her slumber, shaking off her wintry dress. All the critters follow suit to the song of crackling ice and rushing water, an inexorable tide as the energy creation floods through the aether. This time, blessed of poets and artists, spiritualists and religious people alike- for, too, inspiration is abundant in the fragrance of newly bloomed flowers lined with dew and the fresh greens as leaves poke through the earth. This- the energy of abundance and restoration, of rejuvenation! Little wonder why praises flow from lambs and goats alike! Even the sun emerges from a trance, rising just a little higher every day to shine light upon the world.

And yet- how many miss such beauty with bleary eyes and wearied minds? Souls filled with toxic sludge; conditioned to scoff at natural beauty as if for the mere implication of God. Souls for whom the fate of a football game holds more importance than the revitilization of the earth itself, which natural abundant energy extends to us as well as it does to all of her creatures. Yes, even we, who are so like to forget where we came from, insisting haughtily upon our civilized ways and our secular nature's.

Whether ye be worldly or religious, spiritual or apathetic, please, heed my exhortation: spend some time alone in nature and really try to feel the magic blooming there.
edit on 4-2-2019 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Your story is breath taking and insightful, beautiful as the Spring season that is portrayed. With the stroke of a pen, or a click of the keyboard keys, you bring imagery and emotion to fruition in a way that only you can do. Most excellent Sir Lucid!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Souls for whom the fate of a football game holds more importance than the revitilization of the earth itself, which natural abundant energy extends to us as well as it does to all of her creatures.

Love it

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Trying hard to get to 20 posts so can flag - I think that is why I can't flag?

But loved this entry - I read it twice over and the rhythm of the words was entrancing.

Also, a reminder in the final lines that is not enough just to go out into nature, you can drag the modern world along with you if not careful.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bravo! A poet if there ever was one.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you for all the wonderful responses!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Great description. Poetic yet a blend of thoughts on the topic that appreciates the return of spring.

My thoughts, well written,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Very beautifully written, Lucid. The language you used evokes all the spring-y sentiments, love it!

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks Bally and Zos!

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That caught the feeling of spring, I could feel the sting of the cool air and visualise the slightly misty, early morning sunlight peculiar to this time of year.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I'm happy that I could bring that to you!

Honestly feel like I should've just kept up with the imagery and left out the manifesto but eh

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Nah, it worked as a whole.
Sometimes something is just done, you know?

top topics

join