It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Puma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

It carried on staring at me . . . probably about 60 yards away . . . Then it stood up . . . coming towards me from left to right . . . told a work colleague, who "just laughed" . . . I had my phone on me and it just didn't occur to me to take picture because I was just in shock.
www.derbytelegraph.co.uk...

How many ATS members in areas where puma are native have managed to get a photograph during a random encounter? It's common to be so shocked, surprised or fascinated that photography is the last thing on your mind. Even an enthusiast equipped and ready rarely gets a good shot.

On the evening of the summer solstice, I was out watching the sunset when a puma started stalking a roe doe. I managed to get a distant shot of it. It is the very beige object with a long thick curled up tail !centre right.Many of our pumas are very pale in colour and often resemble the south American puma type. Others are very dark almost black, and others are in-between or reddish or grey.There was a person sat on the burial mound oblivious to the stalking cat which was only thirty feet from the person who was transfixed watching the setting sun. the puma showed afraid of the person but continued as it could see that it wasn’t being observed by her at least, but it didn’t see me much further away with a telephoto lens!It weaved in and out of the thick vegetation and was very difficult to photograph as I couldnt even see what i was doing as i was using an old cannon eos without a viewing screen

. . . I have difficulties even uploading new material as it seems to disappear ! for no apparent reason. I can only access my three blogs and with difficulty for unknown reasons.

www.thenaturalstuff.co.uk...

Good information is hard to come by, the best information I came across, a comprehensive collection of news articles going back years, just disappeared. It took days to read through it all.

Allegedly there have been a number of human fatalities over the years that have been covered up. I suspect if 'they' ever want to keep us out of the countryside for some reason a human fatality will suddenly be all over the news.

I see they tricked the witness in the story into standing in front of a pub for his photograph, why not at the scene?

edit on 4 2 2019 by Kester because: pub photo

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Looks like a dog.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Looks like a black sheep or ram

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Looks like Shub-Niggurath.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
About 20yrs or so ago, a friend of mine saw one here in Telford.

Also a uncle and a cousin saw one, also Telford.

I

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Have seen more than one big cat in the countryside , about where you'd expect to find them as well . I don't think average usual people often know the difference between one animal and another at a distance .

Can you point out where in the long grass it is ?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Here we call them mountain lions or cougar. They said for the longest time there were none around here. Guess they were wrong. What's in the picture seems to have a longer neck. Really hard to tell at that distance what kind of critter that is.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
😆😆😆😆

I can't believe it's not butter..

Thanks for posting Kester👍

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is ba-ba black sheep. No it was a joke..

It can be a badger with black hair. badgers have white faces many times.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Around 50/60 years ago.. you can buy pumas in british pet shops like you can buy addidas today. Then government stopped people from keeping dangerous animals. Most of them are given to the zoos but some of them released in the wild and spotted few times befor they die off.

British pumas.. lol. British milfs.. now that’s something i would like see in the country side.

edit on 4-2-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
## Around 50/60 years ago.. you can buy pumas in british pet shops like you can buy addidas today. ##

that was funny I understand this joke =).

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
## Around 50/60 years ago.. you can buy pumas in british pet shops like you can buy addidas today. ##

that was funny I understand this joke =).

Yes bud we are old as fook.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Puma is making shoes still today, I am not so old. I am in generation Y.

For me it is looking like a badger. badgers can be huge.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A deer, clear as day, but i bet them cats are out there,

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
Have seen more than one big cat in the countryside , about where you'd expect to find them as well . I don't think average usual people often know the difference between one animal and another at a distance .

Can you point out where in the long grass it is ?

Smack bang dollop in the center of the image, to the right is it's head two ears and to the left it's body, look's like of like a short tufted eared cat which indeed it is, just a lot bigger than a domestic or British/Scottish wild cat, it is a sandy tabby color like the good old Ginger Tom but ear size to body size it is definitely not a tom, that look's to be a dear in the far background it is stalking so definitely NOT a household cat or a small wild cat (even when factoring in the distance from the prey, though wild cat's - our native species and are striped though have been known to interbreed with domestic cats despite being a different sub species - have been known to grow quite big and are often twice the size of a domesticated cat), it is definitely stalking the other animal but seem's though the image is blurred to be looking back at the person taking the image, it is lying in the long grass.

When you are looking for something camouflaged look for break's in the natural pattern of what you are looking at, irregularity's etc.

edit on 5-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I think it's just above the dark spot centre right in the long grass. At the lighter end of this sample.
https://www.deckleedge.co.za/product/copic-sketch-marker-e11-barley-beige/ The curved up tail seems the most obvious part.

The photograph is a good example of the poor quality usually found. In this case low-light and most likely a hand held camera at a distance.

I'm a bit shocked that so many people are looking at the deer.

I've seen several black big cats in Britain. Only seen one that looked like a Puma. Seemed to be light grey in colour, 28 yards away, I paced it out later, 3.00 A.M. It went through a hole in a wall. I ran after it, crouched down and looked through the hole. All I could see was the silhouette of the vegetation against the sky. I turned and started walking back to the van. That's when the fear struck me. Perhaps it was a primitive reaction to the smell, but it felt more like the cat was projecting fear into me. I managed to control myself until my hand touched the door handle. I've never got into a vehicle so fast in my life.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I see it now. The photo quality is terrible so it could be a hoax but the prey is obviously spooked.

Thanks for pin pointing what we are looking at.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I thought that at first but cats keep their tails low when they hunt.

Look just below that for the ears.
edit on 522019 by Wide-Eyes because: Spelling error

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I don't think he's the hoaxing type. I was told a story about him by someone he worked with that shows he's very clever at getting it right. To cut a long story short the man I met put his finger into the tooth holes in a dogs head. The dog had been bitten on the nose and suffocated. Claw marks behind the ear showed how the cat had held it. I saw the photographs, but I don't think they have been made public.

edit on 5 2 2019 by Kester because: 2nd vid

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'm inclined to believe him too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join