It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA hat teens lawyer sends letters to 54 Political & MSM entities for potential lawsuits.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think it's gone beyond that now. They were given a window to give out an apology, even an insincere one, and they decided not to do so.

Sow the wind, reap the storm. Or something like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Even if the MAGA kids were "in the wrong place at the wrong time" it does not take away from what the fake news syndicates did. You're giving us this information as if it will save the MSM from being sued.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sow the wind, reap the storm. Or something like that.

Reap the whirl wind so goes the last season of the Punisher.

( A right wing couple was the manufactured villain in netflix's story).

edit on 4-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The law suit is not because the Black Isrealites (or whatever their name is) and the Native Indian conman were rude and aggressive. It's because of the spreading of lies about the incident by those named in the suit. I believe they were also given the opportunity to set the record straight and apologise, but never did.

Now, I guess you could argue that the Native Indian conman also spread some lies after the event, so maybe he should also be sued, but I don;t think the racist dudes, those Black Isrealite chaps actually said much after the event.
Maybe Native Indian conman is going to be the subject of a separate suit? Who knows.

The bottom line is, however, we should all be pleased if the people who lied about the incident lose a law suit and get punished, right?

edit on 4/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What are the purposed lies and how do they weigh against the fact that the school group was not permitted to be in that area at the time?

If you look at the so called stare down it takes on a new light if you realize that the school group is on film for hours "waitin on a bus" in an area they were not authorized to be in.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Really? That's the best you can up with??

Thanks for playing.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In an indirect way, it was the Black Israelites who set the record straight. Theirs was the unedited video that brought out the whole story. Now, they didn't release it, but some guy found it all online and mirrored it and released that version.

It showed the whole gory truth of what really happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

whole gory truth

lolers

Hey teach can we join in on the evening protest..pretty please
The kids have stated in several interviews that they asked permission to counter the protest with school chants. That is illegal to do without a permit and is the reason these lawyers would lose if they tried to sue anyone.

However it gets good press to think this school did nothing to garner such attention from others and any marks against their good name is just uncalled for and out of bounds.

I question everyone who ignores all this and continues to attempt to set an example to these youngsters that they can break the rules and then go on the offensive against people who they actually stepped on their constitutional rights.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
www.cincinnati.com...

The Washington Post The New York Times Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) The Guardian National Public Radio TMZ Atlantic Media Inc. Capitol Hill Publishing Corp. Diocese of Covington Diocese of Lexington Archdiocese of Louisville Diocese of Baltimore Ana Cabrera Sara Sidner Erin Burnett S.E. Cupp Elliot C. McLaughlin Amanda Watts Emanuella Grinberg Michelle Boorstein Cleve R. Wootson Jr. Antonio Olivo Joe Heim Michael E. Miller Eli Rosenberg Isaac Stanley-Becker Kristine Phillips Sarah Mervosh Emily S. Rueb Maggie Haberman David Brooks Shannon Doyne Kurt Eichenwald Andrea Mitchell Savannah Guthrie Joy Reid Chuck Todd Noah Berlatsky Elisha Fieldstadt Eun Kyung Kim HBO Bill Maher Warner Media Conde Nast GQ Heavy.com The Hill The Atlantic Bustle.com Ilhan Omar Elizabeth Warren Kathy Griffin Alyssa Milano Jim Carrey
the complete list as far as i can tell , suing bustle ,NPR,CNN,the Gaurdian,wapost etc plus a few Diocies and celebs and politicians.

im betting most will settle to dodge bad PR but it will be hilarious if we get another Gawker situation where they are sued into oblivion and have to shut their doors for the shenanigans they pulled and this is what the 2nd time Kathy griffin is being taught this lesson? lol the firm representing the kid seems to be quite successful and full of legal sharks www.superlawyers.com...

they messed with the wrong kid with the wrong legal firm in town and he should be getting pretty damn rich off of this

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

whole gory truth

lolers

Hey teach can we join in on the evening protest..pretty please
The kids have stated in several interviews that they asked permission to counter the protest with school chants. That is illegal to do without a permit and is the reason these lawyers would lose if they tried to sue anyone.

However it gets good press to think this school did nothing to garner such attention from others and any marks against their good name is just uncalled for and out of bounds.

I question everyone who ignores all this and continues to attempt to set an example to these youngsters that they can break the rules and then go on the offensive against people who they actually stepped on their constitutional rights.

I've never seen someone beat a horse this bad, someone call the ASPCA now.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

pretty sure the kids were at a bus stop waiting to get picked up and you sure as hell dont need a permit for that ,nor will that effect the lawsuit which deals with libel which would be the media misrepresenting facts in the case for many days even after the un edited video came out

www.wsbtv.com...

“I never understood why either of the two groups of protestors were engaging with us, or exactly what they were protesting at the Lincoln Memorial. We were simply there to meet a bus, not become central players in a media spectacle. This is the first time in my life I’ve ever encountered any sort of public protest, let alone this kind of confrontation or demonstration. “I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation. I am a faithful Christian and practicing Catholic, and I always try to live up to the ideals my faith teaches me – to remain respectful of others, and to take no action that would lead to conflict or violence. “I harbor no ill will for this person. I respect this person’s right to protest and engage in free speech activities, and I support his chanting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial any day of the week. I believe he should re-think his tactics of invading the personal space of others, but that is his choice to make. “I am being called every name in the book, including a racist, and I will not stand for this mob-like character assassination of my family’s name. My parents were not on the trip, and I strive to represent my family in a respectful way in all public settings. “I have received physical and death threats via social media, as well as hateful insults. One person threatened to harm me at school, and one person claims to live in my neighborhood. My parents are receiving death and professional threats because of the social media mob that has formed over this issue.
this is why those named are getting sued into hopefully oblivion the death threats and false media articles on the issue

Cnn may dodge it as they at least attempted a retraction www.cnn.com...

"I was not intentionally making faces at the protestor. I did smile at one point because I wanted him to know that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation," Sandmann said in his statement.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Well, while you're hung up on permits and such, the rest of us will focus on the liebel and defamation suits.

Haven't heard of any fines issued to Covington Catholic school, but its peanuts anyway if even a single case is won.

Hey wook you may need this if more explanation is needed. Although, some just don't get it no matter what.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I see we are attempting to spin this now to the boys were just waitin on the bus and we need no permit for that.

That is total bs and is the heart of the problem. The national mall is not a bus stop. You do not just wait on the bus in the middle of an ongoing protest for hours on end. The boys have admitted to taking place in a counter protest against the other two permitted protest on going. There are rules the people have to follow when getting a permit for having a protest on the national mall. The students were breaking the law...Plain and simple. They engaged in an unlawful protest and are being taught a bad lesson by people ignoring that.

Now death threats are a serious matter and different from what i am arguing here but if they are serious and not just political coarse of action then the better way to deal with them would be to press charges and if no charges filed then likely no recourse for a lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If you still do not get it then just reverse the roles.

What if a group of 25+ black isrealites were there just "waitin for the bus" for several hours during the march for life event earlier that day and they did not have a permit but decided to counter the boys during their march by yelling things like incest kids cracker and whatever else they like to say.

The police would have been called and the people protesting without a permit would have been in trouble and maybe arrested for interfering in the protest that were on going and the police would be like you want me to believe you were just waitin for the bus and were attacked by a bunch of kids.....

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

www.wmata.com... big old PDF showing buss lines near national mall and pretty much all of washington dc, now dont know if they were waiting for a public bus but it seems far more likely they were waiting for their schools provided busses to pick them up and they were there for a protest just not this one they attended the march for life as far as i can remember which was on national mall but i think had ended,the native march was separate. but i would assume rich catholic high school showed up to the protest and did not need their own permits as i would gather they had been acquired by the protests organizers not high school kids

www.usatoday.com... the vice president showed up to the march lol so id gather they had the required permits, but by all means keep up your nice narrative that they didn't have their permits correctly

wtop.com... yeah they happned at the same place and one ended before the other

marchforlife.org... your trying to say these people who have done this for years would forget to get a permit to protest? not every single protestor needs a permit just the organizers

Please use the Metro to arrive at the rally site. Recommend locations: Federal Triangle, Smithsonian, Metro Center. For metro info: www.wmata.com...(Check out our March for Life map — you can print off paper copies OR download the March for Life app.) Have your metro card easily accessible, before you enter the station. Metro Stations are crowded during rush hour, and even more crowded on the March for Life, during rush hour. Keep in mind that in the Washington Metro system, you need to tap in and tap out of their faregates. One way to alleviate long lines, and avoid the frustration of fellow metro riders is to have your metro card ready, in your hand, before you enter the line for the faregate. Also you do not need to wait for the gates to close after the person in front of you walks through, just ensure you tap your card to the SmarTrip target and proceed through the gate.
but i still think they would use their own private buses hell we had our own buses for our schools DC trip back in 2000.
www.lifesitenews.com... pro life site

This prayerful protest – carried out in accordance with the law and in communication with local law enforcement, which has given us a permit -- has been taking place for many years on the day before the march, sometimes drawing up to a thousand young people on the sidewalks. It used to occur on 16th Street, the previous location of the DC Planned Parenthood, which then closed.
they also had permits for the day before

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

they were probalyl with one of the many protests/marches that day either the Womens march,the march for life,or the ones celebrating and marching for indigenous peoples day march
www.washingtonpost.com...

But a longer video soon bubbled to the surface, widening the lens. It showed how a group of half a dozen Hebrew Israelites had, in fact, been goading and preaching at both the Native Americans and high schoolers, using profanity and highly provocative language, for nearly an hour. Phillips later told journalists that he was seeking to defuse tensions between the Israelite group and the high school students by stepping in between them. But who are these Hebrew Israelites?
dont know if they had a permit but there were only a few of them so may have slipped by . but lol at your assertion that the kids "attacked any one" from above link they appear to be there all the time in small numbers
www.washingtonpost.com...

But as the scene of their preaching spread widely over the weekend, HOI members claimed they were not instigators and were not threatening any real violence. One Westers also claim they are unfairly targeted by groups such as the SPLC. The HOI presence at the Lincoln Memorial was, for the group, quite mundane — despite the flurry of attention. Indeed, Israelite street preaching in parts of D.C., Philadelphia and New York is commonplace, a familiar if odd accent to city life.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

here is a 15 minute video apparently the law firm released to highlight why they are going forward with their case

warning there is some pretty messed up stuff said by the black Israelite's and several racial slurs so i would not watch it at work.
pjmedia.com...

A nationwide media frenzy erupted after the Covington boys were falsely accused of mocking Phillips, spurring hundreds of threats against the school and the school's students from across the country by phone, email, and social media. Not everyone who helped perpetuate the initial fake story has retracted their claims or apologized, and lawyers for the Covington families are working hard to make sure people are held accountable. A new fourteen-minute video of the incident in Washington, D.C., last month emphasizes the starring role Phillips took in spreading the fraudulent narrative and the supporting roles the uncritical media took in smearing the innocent kids. The video was released Saturday by L. Lin Wood, the high-profile attorney who was retained by the family of Nicholas Sandmann, the 16-year-old who smiled at Phillips while the activist banged on a drum and chanted in his face. The initial viral video clip of that confrontation spurred widespread condemnation and death threats against the 16-year-old. Wood's specialty is bringing "aggressive libel and slander suits against media organizations," reportedly.
but this gives decent context to the situation and why the lawyer thinks he has a case

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
code.dccouncil.us... and i guess its still somehow illegal to swear in public in DC

"It shall not be lawful for any person or persons within the District of Columbia to congregate and assemble in any street, avenue, alley, road, or highway, or in or around any public building or inclosure, or any park or reservation, or at the entrance of any private building or inclosure, and engage in loud and boisterous talking or other disorderly conduct, or to insult or make rude or obscene gestures or comments or observations on persons passing by, or in their hearing, or to crowd, obstruct, or incommode, the free use of any such street, avenue, alley, road, highway, or any of the foot pavements thereof, or the free entrance into any public or private building or inclosure; it shall not be lawful for any person or persons to curse, swear, or make use of any profane language or indecent or obscene words, or engage in any disorderly conduct in any street, avenue, alley, road, highway, public park or inclosure, public building, church, or assembly room, or in any other public place, or in any place wherefrom the same may be heard in any street, avenue, alley, road, highway, public park or inclosure, or other building, or in any premises other than those where the offense was committed, under a penalty of not more than $250 or imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both for each and every such offense.”

id imagine the cops had better things to do that day then arrest people for swearing but if were going off actions that could have resulted in arrests and or fines seems the kids did better then most of the adults this day

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Goodness gracious that is a whole lotta spin to try and get around the fact that the boys permitted protest was over hours before they asked their teacher if they could join protest using chants against the ongoing permitted protest they were not a part of and there is no permit for waiting for the bus at the national mall.

The boys broke the law but in their defense they asked the teacher first. The lawyer here has no valid case.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

so what exactly are they saying is the reason for the lawsuit?
i've seen lots of reports regarding this kid and the older guy.
it seems that both the kid and the older guy were trying to make opposing points. if i recall correctly both persons received backlash from that day.

if you go to a protest, expect to be videoed and reported on. this goes for both sides.

from what i can tell, the lawsuit has no legs.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join