It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA hat teens lawyer sends letters to 54 Political & MSM entities for potential lawsuits.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
No slander is verbal, libel is written. One CAN hypothetically get sued for verbal lies, that have “material impact.”
a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This can all go away if they just say, "I'm sorry. It was a bad error on our part."

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Fantastic! They should also remove their access to Twitter for a few years.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

At least you're honest about it. These kids were raised catholic, so if they do anything in the public that can be attached to their religion, they are free game in your eyes.

Not exactly, no. But when they show up for political activism I'm willing to treat them accordingly. You seem to ignore their activities, is this the leeway you'd give them due to a puppy license?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's good to see this lawyer is SERIOUS. He's even joined forces with a power-house law firm that specializes in suing high-profile individuals and corporations.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of lawsuits in general, as often lawyers seem to be doing more for their own benefit than their clients.

That said, in this case I hope everyone on that list has to file for bankruptcy protection when this is all over.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

At least you're honest about it. These kids were raised catholic, so if they do anything in the public that can be attached to their religion, they are free game in your eyes.

Not exactly, no. But when they show up for political activism I'm willing to treat them accordingly. You seem to ignore their activities, is this the leeway you'd give them due to a puppy license?

When have I ignored their activities? What I'm saying is maybe every outlet in the country shouldn't smear kids for their activities, whether they embark on a religious/political march or not.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd have the same position.... Kids shouldn't be crucified even if they make a mistake.

All kids make mistakes, we are all a reflection of how we have learned from our mistakes.

But these kids got paraded around because they come from a private catholic school and they had MAGA hats on.

So let me ask you, if a kid comes from a Muslim school and is taking part in a march of some sort, would you support the media smearing them?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sure, but people would have to admit that mistakes have been done first. Having some agency deflect from the issue and filing court cases is something else entirely.

I can't say much about the rest, but the CNN report wasn't a smear piece nor did it misrepresent the incident. I saw some smear pieces attacking Phillips though, PR is all over the place by now and you should ask yourself why opinions have to be managed in the first place.

But these kids got paraded around because they come from a private catholic school and they had MAGA hats on.

An unwavering stand for the backwards leaning mindset of abortions and colonial genocide at once doesn't help to garner sympathies with humanist protestants? Yeah, let's blame the PC culture for that as well!

edit on 4-2-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

An unwavering stand for the backwards leaning mindset of abortions and colonial genocide at once doesn't help to garner sympathies with humanist protestants? Yeah, let's blame the PC culture for that as well!

So the kids had it coming because there were bad people who weaponized the Catholic church before?

I though as a German, you would appreciate how humanity has a soft spot for forgiveness

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kids shouldn't be crucified...

That's honestly one of the most enjoyable things you can do with a child.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I sure ain't shedding any tears for them getting their pants sued off.

Free speech ain't a license to lie.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Lysergic

Who says I’m salty?

Get offended? Sue!

MASA!

Good luck to them I say!

Don’t sue me bro!

Maybe the Indian in the Cupboard that got in the kids face, and all those "liberals" on the list should have sued the kid!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Ouch! Went down like hemp oil, I even have a soft spot for soft spots.

However. Those innocent angels from the cloistered backyard will likely never feel the urge to ask for forgiveness, we both know that. And that's an assault on the values of Catholicism itself, where is the Spanish Inquisition when we need one to have their asses whipped? Self-chastisement is off the table as well, I'd reckon?

Bloody wankers.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, but you do it for fun, not political gain, so it's cool.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This modern form of ritual sacrifice thing the "liberal" media did with the kids was soooo uncivilized.

The ancients were far more civilized a bout it.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The media played to it because the kids were white and wearing MAGA hats.

This immediately got the anti-trump New Groups and the Democrats attention.

Spin it in the short term to make it look like a white privilege/racist thing and BAM....you've got every bleeding heart quilt stricken democrat, the media groups and actors (because their opinion matters...not) chiming in before any REAL details come out.

The one thing they should all be is ashamed of themselves.

....gotta ask yourself, why have the Democrats and the media groups been so dead set on anything Trump related since his election? There is no slow down in their rhetoric. You would think they would get tired by now.....especially in light of the WRONG things they've done lately. It seems that no matter what, right or wrong, they are going to keep up their hatred of anything Trump.

.....doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.
edit on 4-2-2019 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This can all go away if they just say, "I'm sorry. It was a bad error on our part."

You mean you actually want them to show some class and integrity by holding themselves accountable and admitting they may have rushed to judgement and made a mistake?

Hold on...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
This modern form of ritual sacrifice thing the "liberal" media did with the kids was soooo uncivilized.

I'm still willing to spirt cook the hell out of them.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Lysergic

I was thinking MASA hat.

Make America Sue Again.

It’s an American institute!

You go after children, you deserve everything that comes your way.... If you're okay with adults going after children, then you're apart of the problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Too late. They already burned that bridge.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join