It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA hat teens lawyer sends letters to 54 Political & MSM entities for potential lawsuits.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

suing the idiots who proliferated this story might just make enough of an impact that the MSM will try just a bit harder in the future to fact check things. And since the American way is to sue for anything, they might as well use that system to their advantage. If you worked in a hammer factory, I doubt you would pound a nail with a wrench.

Don't worry, your left wing heroes will still be just as ignorant after this, as they were before.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: szino9

Has it happened then?

If not, why not?

Until the actual hate speech people get their comeuppance, I’ll continue to believe this is an attempt at nothing more than a money and attention grab.

It’s pretty easy to understand.

Maybe it is a money grab. But honestly if the media ran with a story about me, I would probably make them coin up too seeing as it could have a lasting impact on me.

Even after the full context of the story came out, some outlets doubled down saying that kids were in the wrong more than anyone in that situation, the school had to shut down, their website taking down, this wasn't just a little oopsies.

My guess is though, if this goes through court and they win the money, it symbolically shows that these outlets were willing to go after kids, and not apologize or retract their stories when the full truth was learned.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Nah, the point is $$$$$

And sticking it to the likes of CNN.

What's the point of CNN running sensational stories before they even do research to find all the facts? $$$$$$

They will run with anything that will spark outrage to get people watching, and they sometimes act like the judge of the court of public opinion.

Remember when they threatened to DOXX a redditor?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You mean the PR firm has it's lawyers pulling some strings now. Right.

The Daily Wire's Emily Zanotti reported:
[...]The video, taken from the point of view of a second group of protesters who witnessed the interaction, shows that Phillips approached the teens — not the other way around, as Phillips claims — and that the teens were relatively peaceful during the incident, laughing and clapping along with Phillips' drumming, and occasionally asking questions like, "what is going on here?"

www.dailywire.com... n=benshapiro

The CNN clip I saw had Phillips on record stating the same, which is why this lawsuit isn't going anywhere. It's a cheap PR stunt, and you'll all have your 10mins of MSM hate before some judge laughs it off.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Money grab or not, it's the only avenue they have for redress of wrongs done to them. I'd prefer it if they could just get these idiots chucked in prison too.

Oh wait, you mean you didn't mean that? You just wanted these kids to take it and shut up and go away already?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yes, that's the angle the defense will try to take, but they can't change the fact that people made credible threats based on their own reporting of the incident.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's their job to inform the public, not to monitor the responses on fcking Twatter. And given the accurate report I saw, the kid is on his own.

Good luck with that, Catholic Inquisition? MASA!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

because neither of them chopped up the video making them look confrontational and profited from it or screamed over the airwaves about how racist kids are, and profited from it. Both actually stated pretty much as it happened, unlike the rest of the triggered media and public.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

When's the last time news outlets ran a video clip of teenage boys allegedly doing something that could be frowned upon?

There's no shortage of videos on YouTube of non stories that they could run just like this one......

But these boys were wearing red hats, so that makes this a story worth running for them, and a story worth misconstruing to stir the pot. Even if someone is vein enough to give a rats ass about some kids being rambunctious at their worst, surely they should be able to admit this has gone too far... The whole school closed down, and every kid there isn't focused on learning, but rather looking over their shoulder amid threats against the school as a whole.

And all for what? What was their "crime"?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: ketsuko

It's their job to inform the public, not to monitor the responses on fcking Twatter. And given the accurate report I saw, the kid is on his own.

So you saw this particular case as the media informing the public? Of what? If we put teenage kids under a microscope in complex situations, some of us (as adults) may come to different conclusions on how they should have handled a compicated and awkward social encounters? What does that accomplish?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So how come those that are saying the bad things not being sued?

Ohhh Lysergic already answered...no $$$$.

Plenty more to be made from CNN and WB.

Bad timing award? Perfect timing award more like it.

MASA!
Sue them for what? Saying mean things? I can call you every name in the book, and it’s protected under the First Amendment. But if I write those things down and publish them for the public to see, and they are untrue, that is called Libel. There are laws against that.

He is sueing people who wrote lies about him and published those lies, and continue to lie. Those lies led to people threatening him, his family, and the school. That is illegal.
edit on 4-2-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Their lives are going to be in much more trouble after they spend the next 15 years dealing with a court case over something that would have just blown over... i forgot this even happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The only one who might have opened himself is Phillips who was complicit in going on certain outlets and lying about things during his interview after the edited version of the video was presented.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And all for what? What was their "crime"?

Can we stop with the hyperbole for a second? There was no crime, right? But it's still a story, obviously. And one that polarized people over a somewhat symbolic encounter.

I think it's noteworthy that all those virgin boys were on a Pro-Life/ Anti-Abortion march beforehand, the whole act is one I'd expect from the little political shills they are. It's kinda cute and this lawsuit nails it.

If we put teenage kids under a microscope in complex situations, some of us (as adults) may come to different conclusions on how they should have handled a compicated and awkward social encounters?

They've decided not to be mere teenage kids but political activists, hence I will look at them that way. And it was up to them not to make this an awkward moment. Who knows what kind of video we would be watching if they supported Phillips in his efforts to deescalate the situation instead of escalating it in the first place?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dang that is a bunch of legal fees they will have to pay for ignoring the facts. I hope they have deep pockets. The question will come up as to the process they went through every other year that they took kids to the event and what was done different this time and why they decided to be part in a protest they had no permit for.

I am all for putting msm in their place but this is gonna cost the maga lawyers and such for being illusive to the facts.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think it's noteworthy that all those virgin boys were on a Pro-Life/ Anti-Abortion march beforehand, the whole act is one I'd expect from the little political shills they are. It's kinda cute and this lawsuit nails it.

I'm agnostic but can understand that kids sent to a religious school by there parents might be religious....I know, it sounds crazy, but I think these kids may actually believe in God, and is it possible they may do things because of this belief? It's not what I believe, but I can understand it is what someone else believes.

Curious you took the opportunity to pepper in the possible sexual history of some kids, weird flex, but OKAY.

They've decided not to be mere teenage kids but political activists, hence I will look at them that way.

At least you're honest about it. These kids were raised catholic, so if they do anything in the public that can be attached to their religion, they are free game in your eyes.

So if a kid does anything that can be attached to religion or politics, they're open targets to doctored footage painting a false narrative and eventual doxxing?
edit on 4-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

They're not getting sued because they exercised their free speech at the time and aside from being racist assholes, they didn't do anything wrong.

Msm were given their chance to retract but instead doubled down, so now they get da lawsuit.

But you already knew that didn't you?

Jaden

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Honestly, many of these entities have been engaging in propaganda, slander/libel, and dishonesty for too long.

Sue their a$@.

They need to know that their behavior is unacceptable.
a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No they won’t. Black nationalism or racism is often apologized for my sjws and media, or ignored. Just look at Nation of Islam.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join