It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA hat teens lawyer sends letters to 54 Political & MSM entities for potential lawsuits.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wasn't aware permits were issued for the steps of the Lincoln monument?
lol

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

wait, so according to your logic, as long as a group has a permit to protest, it is perfectly fine to shout racist, homophobe crap out loud?

And if you, after your protest is over happened to be still there and the vocal racist abuse is addressed to you it is actually your fault?

gotcha...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wasn't aware permits were issued for the steps of the Lincoln monument?
lol

Last year the National Park Service made rules requiring permits to schedule times of protest on NPS land.

Either way, both groups had permits... But one of the members in this thread is saying the timeline of events occurred in a way that would put both groups at fault, so I don't really see what their point is or what evidence they have.
edit on 5-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No the rally went on for hours on camera and nice try to claim it happened after 5.

Not my claim, that is from the report filed by USA Today, quoting the Detroit Free Press:

Speaking to the Free Press by phone, Phillips, 64, of Ypsilanti, explained what happened after 5 p.m. Friday during the Indigenous Peoples' March he was attending and spoke of his history working for the cause of Native American people.

Native American leader of Michigan: 'Mob mentality' in students was 'scary'

If you have another source indicating that the incident took place earlier, please present said source.

As per the flyer for the Indigenous People's March, the Rally was to have been held at Henry Bacon Park, which is at the map icon in the image below.

The incident took place on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, indicated in the area by the red circle in the same image. Mr Phillips had wandered away from the location of his Rally and confronted the kids while they were being yelled at by the black racists.

The blacks and the indians got a permit to spout their views at that time and a bunch of boys crashed the party.

Yes, the American Indians had a permit for their march (and rally, I presume), and the kids had attended the March for Life, which also had a permit.

Can you provide a source indicating that the black racists had a permit?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

wait, so according to your logic, as long as a group has a permit to protest, it is perfectly fine to shout racist, homophobe crap out loud? And if you, after your protest is over happened to be still there and the vocal racist abuse is addressed to you it is actually your fault?

YES...We are talkin about an area that is off limits to protest unless you have a permit and very much i believe the things that were shouted were not friendly but the proper coarse of action would have been to report them and let the police figure out if they broke the law.

In the case of the group of boys they follow the leader and their leaders need to address the fact that they were wrong to allow the boys to counter the other two groups because it was done so in a lawful manner.

There will always be hateful things to counter and kudos for them to want to call out hate but it must be done lawful lest they be subject to lawful repercussions.

It should now become a teachable moment.

I am very much interested in something the indian later mentioned and that is the doctrine of discovery. very interesting stuff there for anyone wanting to learn and for lovers of conspiracy....

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have only read it in articles and one would have to search the gov. archives. I do believe that it is linked in previous pages in the thread also by jaded and cynical i think.

However i believe that even without that for the sake of the thread we can say that even if the isrealites or the indians had permits the boys protest had been over for a long time and they are on camera for hours protesting in an area that required a permit to protest in.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Oh now you can't just bring facts.
The paper trail for the march would ruin the "story".
As would the many busses and trolleys available at that location.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

I have only read it in articles and one would have to search the gov. archives. I do believe that it is linked in previous pages in the thread also by jaded and cynical i think.

However i believe that even without that for the sake of the thread we can say that even if the isrealites or the indians had permits the boys protest had been over for a long time and they are on camera for hours protesting in an area that required a permit to protest in.

For the sake of the thread, you're not providing any facts to prove your point.

If we take your posts at face value though, the boys and Philips both had permits for that day, and by your timeline, hours after the protest the boys were taking part in (3pm) would be after the permit for Philips and the Indigenous Peoples’ March (5pm).

So both permits would be up, and your point falls flat on it's face by saying that everyone had a right to be there at that time except for the boys.

Good try though, next time you might want to have evidence to support your claims, or at least make it so that it isn't so easily dismissed by the statements not being able to stand on their own.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I have only read it in articles...

Then it should be easy enough for you to find any of these articles and post links in the thread.

Here is the post I made which indicated that the American Indians and the March for Life had been issued permits. No where in that post does it mention permits by the black racists.

Your continued assertions without anything to back them up have no weight whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You do not have to believe me. The lawyers have no case because the boys were trespassing. Again if you want links they are posted in the thread and google is your friend. A little birdie told me that even if i personally met you and read the links to you then you would still not believe. Anyone can search these forums and see that people asking for links rarely ever use the info posted and just double down with some type of mundane detail that has no merit.

You all are free to ignore the glaring fact that the boys were in the wrong for being there and that would still be true even if 10 other groups without permits were there.

Fact is that the illegal actions of the boys is what started this fiasco and even though it seems from video that the indian approached the boy the truth is he had the right because he was permitted to be in that place at that time and the boy was trespassing.

The boys need to be shown their faults so that they understand what not to do next time they encounter such situations.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The lawyers have no case because the boys were trespassing.

That is genuinely the funniest thing I have read here all day!
I tip my hat to you!

You all are free to ignore the glaring fact that the boys were in the wrong for being there and that would still be true even if 10 other groups without permits were there.

no
they really were not

Fact is that the illegal actions of the boys is what started this fiasco and even though it seems from video that the indian approached the boy the truth is he had the right because he was permitted to be in that place at that time and the boy was trespassing.

That is just made up bs.
There is actual video evidence of what occured.
There is also an nice map above.

None of what you posted is true.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You do not have to believe me. The lawyers have no case because the boys were trespassing. Again if you want links they are posted in the thread and google is your friend.

I've been googling your claims, no one has been able to construct a bullet proof timeline of events that day with solid proof.

Also, if you're going to make a claim, the burden of proof lies with you, not us. Or else you aren't really contributing anything, because we're to just go off of your word....

Funnily enough, if I did go off of your word right now when you said the encounter happened hours after the protest, that would automatically negate when you say this....

The Indigenous rally ended at 5 pal.

Now,to get to your ultimate conclusion...

You do not have to believe me. The lawyers have no case because the boys were trespassing.

Lets see, they were on public land past a rule for the National Park Service (assuming you're correct about the time).... Who filed charges for trespassing or even complained?

Even more fun, even if they did, that doesn't give the media the right to fabricate stories about them. So the people the lawyers are going after don't just get to say "your honor, these kids were trespassing, so my clients are clear of any of their wrongdoing".

Thanks for playing though.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The National Mall and Memorial Parks Division of Permits Management administers permitted activities for National Park units throughout the National Capital Region including the National Mall. Permits are required for:

Special Events such as recreational activities, musical performances and celebrations;
Demonstrations such as speeches, picketing, vigils and other activities designed to communicate a message;
Special Uses including any sport activities, weddings, and ceremonies; and
Commercial Filming and Photography

Permits & Reservations

None of which were the boys engaged in. They were using the Lincoln Memorial as a prearranged rendezvous point. The National Mall is public space, and as such open to the general public subject to the restrictions mentioned above.

Not sure what your little birdie heard, but if I am wrong about something, I have no problem admitting that. In fact, I just posted in another thread acknowledging such a correction. I've alerted my own threads to mods before because of having fallen for spurious sources.

Your continued avoidance of backing up your positions is duly noted.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The kids trespassed and created a hostile set of events. In the end all of your bs spin will not matter and eventually your fingers will have to come out of your ears when you see that the lawyers will take no action beyond sending letters and if they do they will end up paying everyones bills just like stormy daniels had too.

facts are facts and you should not teach the boys that it is ok to break the law. They deserve better than your cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm all for mental gymnastics here... Some of us get a sick pleasure from it.

But it really takes all the fun out when new blood comes around and refuses to post a link.... Ever....

Just baseless statements, slinging at the wall hoping it will stick.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You're spinning it.

No one got charged with trespassing, and even if they did, third parties (in this case the media) don't get to commit crimes against the trespasser.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The kids trespassed and created a hostile set of events.

It is like you haven't watched the video of the event or even read any accounts of it.
Waiting on a bus is not trespassing.
They broke no laws.
Are you just making this up as you go?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nope total traction here.

Surely you all do not believe that people who showed pictures of some red head holding potus bloody head would somehow not be immune to a lawsuit of this caliber?

I agree with you all that it is a sad state of affairs when such vile things are accepted as norm but it is what it is. The precedent has been set and this is the norm.

Honestly it will likely take some type of congressional action to clean up the mess we find ourselves in but it certainly can not be done in the manner presented in the op for reasons i have stated numerous times as you refuse to listen to reality.

What bothers me the most is that years ago we would have got some fine comedic gold from the situation but now that seems to be against the rules.

Lemme guess your not laughing but i submit that that is much of the problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The kids trespassed and created a hostile set of events. In the end all of your bs spin will not matter and eventually your fingers will have to come out of your ears when you see that the lawyers will take no action beyond sending letters and if they do they will end up paying everyones bills just like stormy daniels had too.

facts are facts and you should not teach the boys that it is ok to break the law. They deserve better than your cognitive dissonance.

Bro, provide the facts or just stop with your b.s

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The statement I emphasized above in your statement is FALSE. Purely false. The area where they were is a public space, and just to be there does not require a permit nor constitute trespassing. The reason being it was paid for my TAXPAYER money, I'e. the citizens of this nation. Citizens are allowed to visit, view, photograph and merely see the area. Even standing there waiting on transportation does not constitute trespassing, at all, EVER.

That clarified, their responses to the black Isrealite protesters could be construed as a protest itself. However, I do believe the court will rule their response as a freedom of speech issue, where they were using their freedom of speech as a reaction to another groups statements, to them specifically.

Please, refrain from making crap up to advance your anti-Trump agenda. Not here.

Do that elsewhere that has a lower level of discourse that will not question your baseless accusations, and will not present facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join