It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When Rockstars Let Fans On Stage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Came across this video and thought it was great how these bands allowed members of the audience to play on stage with them. Hope you enjoy this and please feel free to share your own.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
way cool
I'll lend my guitar out to a more talented musician and let them perform.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm not gay but ole Kieth Urban has got to be the best looking man on the planet. Lucky joker! LOL!
And plays guitar like a god!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Kiss Guy is another fan that was awesome on stage.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just for the record, Dave Grohl is a helluva dude.
I want him to be my friend

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The 'rockstars' that let me perform on stage with them are usually covered in glitter and wearing 6" Perspex heels.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
99% of these are pre-arranged. All of the Foo Fighters' ones are (funny how every time they do, the "fan" KILLS it). And I'm not slamming on Grohl; I'm a huge fan myself.

It takes some HUGE ones to bring a random person onstage and hand them an instrument; it's a total roll of the dice. There have been a few times where it actually was a random audience member. U2 has done it; Springsteen too. They bring someone onstage, show them some simple guitar chords, and they play along with the band. Most times it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

There's a classic video from the early 1970s where The Who was playing and drummer Keith Moon was so smashed he passed out. Townshend asked the audience if there were any drummers in the house, and they brought a guy up. It might be on Youtube...lemme see...

Yes! Here, at 1:38:20. www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's ok as long as they're naked and you're a child dressed in drag. If that's not the case, then you sir disgust me.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

You've seen my act, huh?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I LOVED this. How joyful!

Dave Grohl should be the King of the World.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm a closet regular at your shows. I'm also a regular to my closet. I keep my clothes in there when I dance on stage with young, confused children.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Loving the responses and vids so far!

Mason, Vid or it didn't happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That is a great video! Nick Cave's last tour with the bad Seeds took crowd participation to even higher levels! Fans were encouraged to get on the stage with him...dozens and dozens of them. He's probably the greatest live performer of 2017/18. Just an amazing man with awesome musicians.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Awesome!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The dynamic he has with fans is incredible. Security guys are having heart attacks when he's wandering through the crowds! He totally killed the 'fourth wall' thing between audience and performer.

The guy on guitar is Warren Ellis who's a musical genius with as much charisma and pure talent as Nick Cave.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you for introducing me to this band. I don't believe I've ever heard of them before.

Yes, I can imagine the security crews having a heart attack when Nick decides to go wandering into the audience. lol
If I were famous, I'd probably do the same as him. I might ask myself after the fact, why I did. It only takes one crazy person to put yourself at risk eh?

new topics

top topics

join