It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Sound issues on tv or soundbar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ok dont know where to put this but seems best in this forum.

So my issues, for months now my tv or soundbar has periodic crowd cheering clapping and whistling. Softly.

Matters not it its tv shows, dvd/blue ray & 4k videos, you tube clips, music etc etc.

Has anyone had this issue?

.... and yes it did occur to me it could be all in my head but I've had independent confirmation.

Would appreciate any insight as its starting to drive me mental.

Coomba98
edit on 4-2-2019 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

understanding ground loop:

www.ecmweb.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

What is your layout? TV to soundbar? Or some other config?

What are you using to connect to the soundbar? HDMI, RCA or optical?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

If you have surround sound... It does do that as no 2 broadcast, subscription, commercials, blue rays, dvd's, vhs.... All are at different recorded sound levels... No 2 alike....

This can cause "bleed-thru" from other networks, wifi-your own or even neighbors.

You should have something like:
SOUND
USER, NORMAL, DYNAMIC, SOFT, SURROUND etc.....

Ever notice 1 channel is different, each movie is different and some commercials go loud, others quiet?

Thats why... Pick a couple sources like a dvd and local news.... Compare both using all the diffeent combos.

*ps. There should also be a "noise" setting...and equalizer you can roll down the hiss, mid-range... whatever.

Good luck!
edit on 4-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Is it a real crowd cheer or just sound like it is? It could be from a neighbors soundbar wifi and to test it, wrap the receiver part of it in foil and lay it over the kitchen sink ( sink is grounded).

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I'll try your ideas when I finish work.

My set up.
TCL 4k.
Sony ht-rt5.

Appears to be about 4-5 people whistling clapping and cheering. 95% certain it's real people. But it's at about 40% noise level to what I'm watching or listening.

Coomba98

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
Thanks for the replies.

I'll try your ideas when I finish work.

My set up.
TCL 4k.
Sony ht-rt5.

Appears to be about 4-5 people whistling clapping and cheering. 95% certain it's real people. But it's at about 40% noise level to what I'm watching or listening.

Coomba98

Man, that would creep me out a bit. It might be that you are picking up someone's signal if they are using a personal assistant of sorts. I remember reading about someone being able to eavesdrop on others through their Amazon Echo or a similar device.

I often find that when watching certain content the surround system can produce interesting sound artifacts that spook me in some instances. Just the other night there was a tapping sound that I could hear that sounded like someone taping their finger on my front door. On screen it was just normal dialogue. Was just about to check my door when the shot changed and it was another character in the background tapping his pen on top of his desk. Surround has a way of amplifying minute background noises that seem to float about you. That is why I am not so much a fan of 5.1 or 7.1 as I find sounds behind me especially in crowd scenes to be unnerving.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Secret555

It's not too bad, but when theres a sad or quite scene or even an inappropriate scene for cheering it kinda take you out of the story.
But it's cool when a song just finishes and you hear cheering.

Coomba98

new topics

top topics

join