It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants US military to stay in Iraq to 'watch Iran', accuess Iran as Terrorist supporter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Donald Trump accusing and blamed Iran for manufacturing violence in the Middle East.
Trump wants US military to stay in Iraq to 'watch Iran'

"I want to be able to watch Iran ... all I want to do is be able to watch," Trump told CBS' "Face the Nation."

"I want to be able to watch Iran ... all I want to do is be able to watch," Trump told CBS' "Face the Nation" adding that he was not planning a military strike on Iran.

"This is what a lot of people don't understand. We're going to keep watching and we're going to keep seeing and if there's trouble, if somebody is looking to do nuclear weapons or other things, we're going to know it before they do," he added.

Trump then explained that since the United States has spent a "fortune" on the Al Asad Air Base in western Iraq, which he made a surprise visit to in December, the U.S. will hold on to it.

"We have an unbelievable and expensive military base built in Iraq. It's perfectly situated for looking at all over different parts of the troubled Middle East rather than pulling up," he said.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The people in Iran rose up against their oppressive leaders last Fall. Made a lot of news, and then it ended. I wonder what happened?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Trump admin accused Iran of manufacturing violence in the Middle East. Yet it was America and her Saudis buddies that manufactured the chaos in the the Middle East.

The militarily industry complex always uses scapegoats to make sure not to blame themselves for the chaos that they helped create in the middle east.

The Trump admin and the Neocons once again apparently haven't learned anything from the Iraqi occupation days. When Iraqis get sick and tired of seeing America's presences in their country they will revolt.

Majority of Iraqis accuse America of being the ones who created ISIS.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The people in Iran rose up against their oppressive leaders last Fall. Made a lot of news, and then it ended. I wonder what happened?

What people? you mean those supporters of the MEK? the Iranian Opposition is the MEK. The majority of Iranians support their gov.
MEK has qutie of a record you should study it and none are good.

I wonder what happened?

Iranians aren't as stupid as Libyans to fall nor to back the so called "Opposition" do remind me how Libya is doing these days?
edit on 3-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
when He said he was gonna pull troops out of Syria the left said he was abandoning his allies.

He says he is gonna leave them In Iraq and he is a Muslim hating war monger .

edit on 3-2-2019 by neversleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Wise decision.
Israel is delighted.
I am sure.
I wonder if the blessing of Julibee
will be returned to the
American Taxpaying Citizens.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Don't say anything bad about trump. He's a savior to many on ATS.......

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I pray for the aloof liberals who blindly follow the river currently made of urine. Reality has been decisively divided by those who casually flick on the MSM and those who "in their spare time" decide to announce profoundly that they really are uninformed. Advice "with love" take head out of backside, and spend an off day doing research on the things you speak on. You'd be amazed how wrong you are.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Like there are no spy satellites, remote monitoring devices, observer outposts, spy planes and in all of it, Iran is surrounded by the huge military bases from north to south—east to west…

Still want to “WATCH” Iran….!

ROFLMAO…..

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
Donald Trump accusing and blamed Iran for manufacturing violence in the Middle East.
Trump wants US military to stay in Iraq to 'watch Iran'

"I want to be able to watch Iran ... all I want to do is be able to watch," Trump told CBS' "Face the Nation."

"I want to be able to watch Iran ... all I want to do is be able to watch," Trump told CBS' "Face the Nation" adding that he was not planning a military strike on Iran.

"This is what a lot of people don't understand. We're going to keep watching and we're going to keep seeing and if there's trouble, if somebody is looking to do nuclear weapons or other things, we're going to know it before they do," he added.

Trump then explained that since the United States has spent a "fortune" on the Al Asad Air Base in western Iraq, which he made a surprise visit to in December, the U.S. will hold on to it.

"We have an unbelievable and expensive military base built in Iraq. It's perfectly situated for looking at all over different parts of the troubled Middle East rather than pulling up," he said.

And????

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Aren't we already in Afghanistan watching Iran?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We didn't get anything out of it... now we gotta watch them and "bring peace" when deemed necessary.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neversleep

How do you feel about those two issues?

My opinion.
Trump was right to want to pull out of syria but the mic stopped him.

Trump is wrong to want to leave troops in iraq. But I think the mic is behind that two and trump is just doing what he is told.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He's such a clown..Iran bad, Saudi Arabia good

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Soooooo what are the ones who are opposed to this idea going to do about it?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Most people in Iran do not like the American military presence in Iraq or any other neighboring states.What if Iran had a military base in Mexico or Canada?...What would be the reaction of the Americans then?...It is in everyone's favor that the players keep their interests locally and do not dig this hole deeper than it already is,and I mean all of them including Russia ,Saudis ,Turkey,,or we are all in for some big big troubles.

top topics

join