It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Tell Trump - Let Child Traffickers Into USA and We Might Fund Your Wall.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes the agents are presented with all kinds of persecution stories. It really is just in their power to weed out the emergency cases of people who they suspect to be actual felons or smugglers of dope. Otherwise if they deny a persons claims based on the agents own understanding of persecution then in many cases the usa gets another lawsuit. The agents are kinda damned if they do and damned if they do not in that regard.

It does not at all help that msm and potus comes out and paints the picture that they are all illegal if they do not use ports. It creates hate and such for victims and prolongs the fight being waged by the politickers when they keep beating around the bush as to the true identity of our problem.

If we get more fence things will not get better anytime soon and obama and crew actually had a pretty good idea of putting the emergency gps beacons at the border thereby allowing agents to prosecute anyone who did not check in.

Other than changing asylum laws we need ideas that allow agents time to be well spent. As it is these people are showing up in groups and reporting in. That is more cost effective than having 300 individuals crossing at different points and agents have find all of them seperately. Having them in groups also allows agents to spot those not in a group and usually those are hiding something.

Putting up funnel fences that keep the towns separated will likely help too. One thing i heard recently is that on many border towns thugs would cross over into usa and steal a car and just drive down to mexico and get paid.

One thing walls will not do is stop the flow of asylum seekers or drugs.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

The agents are kinda damned if they do and damned if they do not in that regard.

Yes, they are. That's why we need immigration reform, to clarify who is allowed to do what. I don't want to keep one single person who is being persecuted and rightfully requests asylum. But as long as the system is jammed with thousands upon thousands of those who are simply trying to use asylum as a loophole in immigration, we probably are doing just that.

We need the wall to restrict ease of access, but also to send a clear signal to anyone thinking of abusing the system: No, you can't. That way asylum seekers, those who truly deserve asylum, can get in.

It does not at all help that msm and potus comes out and paints the picture that they are all illegal if they do not use ports.

From what I have seen of the MSM (besides FoxNews), they are painting the opposite picture: that all illegal immigrants are just poor people looking for a better life and we are cruel for not giving them everything they ask for. With that kind of propaganda, it is logical that it is countered so severely by the opposing view; that's just human nature. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. There are some who deserve asylum, some who are simply trying to get to the US branches of MS-13, some who are smuggling drugs, some who are engaged in human trafficking, some who are just wanting work, some trying to escape charges in their home country, and some who think they can just waltz in and get on welfare.

It takes time to find out who is who. There's a limit to how many people can be processed per day.

If we get more fence things will not get better anytime soon and obama and crew actually had a pretty good idea of putting the emergency gps beacons at the border thereby allowing agents to prosecute anyone who did not check in.

The beacons are a good idea; no argument there. Is there any reason they cannot be used with a wall in place?

Other than changing asylum laws we need ideas that allow agents time to be well spent. As it is these people are showing up in groups and reporting in. That is more cost effective than having 300 individuals crossing at different points and agents have find all of them seperately. Having them in groups also allows agents to spot those not in a group and usually those are hiding something.

That's the whole point of a wall. It will make crossing at those separate locations much more difficult and get people to travel to Ports of Entry rather than just walking across wherever they happen to think they might slip by.

You do realize any wall will come with doors, right? We're not talking the Great Wall of China here.

Putting up funnel fences that keep the towns separated will likely help too. One thing i heard recently is that on many border towns thugs would cross over into usa and steal a car and just drive down to mexico and get paid.

That they will. Most towns already have some sort of wall or fence, and every single one has far less criime on the US side than on the Mexican side.

Walls work.

One thing walls will not do is stop the flow of asylum seekers or drugs.

Not 100%, no. But they will stop something like 99% of the drugs or asylum seekers outside Ports of Entry. That will help tremendously, as you point out in your post. Keep the criminals from crossing without vetting, and group the people to make the agents more effective. Ports of Entry can also have high-tech scanning for drugs and contraband.

The debate is not between a wall and technology. It is between a wall with technology and technology without a wall or other infrastructure to support it.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So much ground to cover with that post and all the jumps you took.

You said fox....

A wall will not stop people overall but will funnel some into other areas.

The biggest problem i see with your thinking is you are ignoring the ctual hate that surrounds this idea. Not all have it but it is there. The biggest clue is how potus would send the military down there tell everyone to use the door then he shuts the door..........

Yes the actual ports are at record low input levels and no real efforts so far to change that.

Very sad to tell everyone use the ports then they get there and they are shut or only accepting 20 people a day. What would you do if you are in need.

Many people believe the wall will stop drugs. Even potus still makes statements vauge that trick people into believing one thing when it is not true and fox is very much on board.

The right and the left is bsing everyone on this issue.

If it were a real problem to solve then they would have just reformed welfare programs and social security programs while implementing a tag and release program where anyone coming in gets a monitor bracelet so if they fail to show to court they could be sent packin. They do not want to solve this on either side they want us to keep arguing over fixes and what is happening else they would be talking more truth and fixes instead of simple there takin our jobs and such.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

You said fox....

Yes, I watch Fox. I used to watch CNN instead, until that point in the 2016 elections when I was in danger of actually throwing things at the TV. With Fox, I just yell obscenities, which are much cheaper than new screens.

The sad truth is that Fox is geared to the Republican agenda, while the rest of the MSM are geared to the Democrat agenda. None of them are even close to unbiased. That works for me because I don't need someone to tell me what to think of an event or proposal. I do realize that many are not that fortunate...

I mainly use ATS to investigate stories that interest me or don't pass the smell test.

The biggest problem i see with your thinking is you are ignoring the ctual hate that surrounds this idea.

A wall does not equal hate. A wall is not cruel by definition. In some ways, not having a wall is actually cruel. Poor people trying to cross often die in the desert because the lack of a wall is seen as an invitation. That's cruel. Not preventing cattle rustlers from wiping out ranches along the border and killing ranch hands is definitely cruel to the ranchers. Allowing thieves to cross, grab property, then run back across the border is cruel to those being robbed.

I do not want a wall because I hate anyone. I want a wall to protect my countrymen.

The biggest clue is how potus would send the military down there tell everyone to use the door then he shuts the door..........

The door is open. The military was used because there was no wall and thus CBP was overwhelmed. The wall will actually help guarantee that Ports of Entry remain open, because the border will not be overwhelmed.

Many people believe the wall will stop drugs. Even potus still makes statements vauge that trick people into believing one thing when it is not true and fox is very much on board.

A wall around my property will not prevent someone from entering your property, but it will deter people from entering my property. No, the wall will not stop drugs coming in by boat. No, it will not stop drugs coming in at Ports of Entry. It WILL stop, or at least seriously deter, drugs from bring carried across an open desert.

The right and the left is bsing everyone on this issue.

Well, duh... did you see the "bipartisan" appropriations bill?

If it were a real problem to solve then they would have just reformed welfare programs and social security programs while implementing a tag and release program where anyone coming in gets a monitor bracelet so if they fail to show to court they could be sent packin.

Agreed on most counts... ankle bracelets can be cut off easily enough enough. They are typically used for non-dangerous documented criminals who are restricted to a certain area as part of their detention. If they do take off for greener pastures, their fingerprints and sometimes their DNA is on record to help catch them. Not so much with undocumented aliens.

They do not want to solve this on either side they want us to keep arguing over fixes and what is happening else they would be talking more truth and fixes instead of simple there takin our jobs and such.

The wall is a fix. And they are taking our jobs, as well as committing felonies, forming gangs, bringing drugs, trafficking humans, stealing identities, and abusing our social programs. Not all do all of the above, but the vast majority are doing at least one.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join