It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: scrounger

What? My comment was on subject to the OP's post. Why do sports need to include the military? How is that emotional???

Im sorry but no one is nor ever said ANYONE NEEDS to be a sponsor or supporter of football. In honest cold truth the military is just another sponsor as bud lite, pepsi, ect. its "emotional" because your rant about it is more you dont like the military being involved in sports. an EMOTIONAL not factual based reason

We have known much more about injuries to the head in the past 5 years or so. Yet, somehow bringing that up is stupid because we always knew two big dudes crashing is somewhat bad?

No your bringing up a hazard of the sport that ANYONE using a smigin of common sense already knows. If you hit someone (aka tackling) someone it will cause injury to ALL PARTS of the human body. when you add the weight of the players the chance and severity is INCREASED. Then you add the fact HELMATES have been in the sport for DECADES. Do you think that they were there for decoration ? No they are there for PROTECTION. So ergo if you wear protection for your head then there is a KNOWN chance of head injury. duh. But your comment is EMOTIONAL because your harping on an issue that EVERYONE knows existed by the very nature of the activity. the only issue is that the NFL was STUPID enough to try to deny the obvious for limiting medical care. but that isnt your point is it or you could have said that instead of a couple line emotional rant about head injuries. Psst people know when you hit the head severely you cause all sorts of injuries for more than 5 years

Talk about a psuedo intellectual response.

if you mean by "psudeo intelectural responce" calling out your emotional comments for what they are... GUILTY AS CHARGED

Throwing around how ignorant, emotional, and sensational I am for bringing up sensible points..

no you were "throwing around how ignorant, emotional and sensational" by your very post...I and others just called you out of it

but hey rant on... its your right.

just dont expect us to not call it for what it is.

BTW what EXACTLY are you against the military being a sponsor of the NFL vs say someone who sells alcohol?

scrounger

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well,

I will top that.
Jefferson Davis descendant.

Not planning my death....yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Assassin82

I see there are few sportsmen and women on this thread.

Listen, a good defensive game can be a good one, it's a battle of wits to see who cracks first-sure not many points but that builds the anticipation and excitement.

How could people be so salty? have any of you participated in a superbowl? If not stop the whining-you got a game of football due to the months of hard work and dedication these players go through-just for armchair sportsmen and women to berate these athletes.

Former athlete here and trust me, we hate ourselves after a bad game, so we don't need your hate compiled onto that.

I could care less about the players. They get paid millions to play a game. They’re gonna be ok with or without a SB win. I’m talking about the whole product. The “extravaganza” that is the annually disappointing super bowl. It isn’t worth all the attention it gets. The on field and off field product is boring and the game itself is predictable.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think this picture sums up the end result, boring but .......

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Foozeball is dumb.

Waste of time and money.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

Here is your delivery of safe space support animals.

Here's a New England 6-pack, drink up!

edit on 2/4/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Any cool aircraft revealed this time around?

I remember them showing the B-21 raider or at least I think it was that a few years back

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Any cool aircraft revealed this time around?

I remember them showing the B-21 raider or at least I think it was that a few years back

Nah, just everyday F-16's (Thunderbirds) doing a flyby.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Assassin82

Haters gonna hate cuz they can't win.

There’s that North Eastern arrogance shining thru.

Not ARROGANCE, confidence. But to the teams and fans that lose, it must seem that way.

So sorry.....no, I'm not.

Haha! So true!
Sorry, not sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Assassin82

I see there are few sportsmen and women on this thread.

Listen, a good defensive game can be a good one, it's a battle of wits to see who cracks first-sure not many points but that builds the anticipation and excitement.

How could people be so salty? have any of you participated in a superbowl? If not stop the whining-you got a game of football due to the months of hard work and dedication these players go through-just for armchair sportsmen and women to berate these athletes.

Former athlete here and trust me, we hate ourselves after a bad game, so we don't need your hate compiled onto that.

Best comment here!
As an athlete myself I usually just ignore the haters. The ones that hate because they can't do.
I mean if you don't like football, or any sport or athletic event for that matter just shut up about it lol!
The game was boring true, but yeah, I get the stress over time field position thing.
Sorry to say that I'm a Giants first but yeah, I'll take 6 wins... BOOM!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

And there's that smug, holier-than-thou Patriot loving attitude that I've grown to love so much!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And there's that smug, holier-than-thou Patriot loving attitude that I've grown to love so much!

Awww.... Poor victim. Perhaps the sports team you like needs a better coaching staff, players, and upper management? Winning something is never given, it is taken. Taken by playing/doing better than your opponent. Whining about it afterwards is merely a way to justify the lack of skill, and not recognize that someone was better. I always admired the 70's Pittsburgh Steelers because they were consistently successful. And that was before free agency....when teams and players stayed relatively static. In today's professional sports it is much harder to do that as players routinely change year over year.

So, having the success of the New England Patriots in this day and age is actually a much more difficult accomplishment. Something to admire and strive towards, not whine and complain about.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Can I get a Hell yeah?!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I’m over it. It’s such a boring affair.

Commercials are politically motivated or creatively boring.

Halftime show is so cautious and safe that it’s not worth it’s own admission.

I’m not even gonna get into the Patriots...I’m so sick of them and that arrogant fan base.

This game does not deserve the glitz and glamour it gets.

I prefer the cereal bowl

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So I got back into watching the NFL late this season because of one simple reason: Patrick Mahomes. Dude single handedly pulled a Mark McGuire and "saved" pro football by giving fans something we've not seen in a long, long time, if ever. I watched the SB... and wasn't disappointed by the outcome. Nobody has the record against the Belichik led Pats that the Denver Broncos have enjoyed and, as a lifelong Bronco fan, I think that record has allowed me to be one of the few non-Patriot fans out there who doesn't hate the Pats. Quite the opposite, I find their team style and results to be fascinating... their coach is brilliant, their owner is exactly what every NFL fan wishes their team's owner was, Brady is ridiculously talented at his job, and every player around him plays their role perfectly...

As for the game being "boring," meh... it depends entirely on what you watch football for. I watched a coach lay out a gameplan that systematically wore the opposing (great) defense down over 4 quarters like water eroding a rock face. No wasted motion, no wasted plays, the entire gameplan designed to do what we witnessed as the game progressed. Starting with numerous 1, 2, or 3 yard rushes and short play action passes against an energetic defense and ending with 15-20 yard rushes and deeper out patterns against the same defense ground completely down and exhausted. It was one of the most impressive gameplans I've ever seen in a Super Bowl.

I'm not a Pats' fan, but I definitely appreciate witnessing the greatness they've displayed and watching the greatest sports dynasty in history... during a period which has seen many very good teams come and go, for 17 years New England has been the one team which hasn't ebbed at all, and they've done it with one or two superstars and a cast of revolving players who never even come close to repeating their success when they leave New England. With the salary cap, free agency, and all the distractions, that's damned impressive.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am seriously butt hurt!
Brady cleaned up in his career what the Steelers did over time😭😭

AND THIS!!!

Why do I own the only house with an antenna????

Sports are fun👍🤗
It's entertainment.
edit on 4-2-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join