It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a politicians distant past matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yes and no.

If it’s a pedophilic murderous raping past history, then yes.

For extremely non-important issues:

Yes, it matters to the moronic low-iq low-info racist fascist leftists.

No, it does not matter to normal people.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: SeaYote

So you are boycotting Jimmy Kemmel?

???

I'm saying wake the eff up and own yer stuff. Your past is definitely tied to who you are today.

Don't bother trying to put me in some box ...I'm not pinned to any comedian, talk show anyone....

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Some things are best left between you, and your internet service provider.

And... You sound like one of my ex's and why they are an ex.

I think you tried to respond to me but are not quite intelligent enough to use the format correctly.

Perhaps your Ex felt that way too..

So a win win!!!

edit on 3-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

I do live in Virginia and YES your past does matter.

Then you have standing to write to your Governor and your State Legislators. What you have to say should outweigh what a Senator or Congressman in another state has to say, and way more weight than some Media pundit.

NO one gets off the hook --- what you do is a choice....ever decision should follow you. Own it, learn from it!

"Own it, learn from it" would seem to imply growth and change, and a bit of moving on to thinking and acting better. I don't think that we are in fundamental disagreement.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I do the same to dogs.

-SHRUG-

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Lumenari

I do the same to dogs.

-SHRUG-

I do the same with dogs, coyotes, fox, lions, wolves and bear.

I'm an equal opportunity pest slayer.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think you tried to respond to me but are not quite intelligent enough to use the format correctly.

So a win win!!!

What format?

hur hur idiot.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So a win win!!!

And no, my ex was the sort, I discovered who would throw a cat over the fence to the dogs, because it annoyed her. Glad we don't interact any further.

Same with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The question is if one's distant past show us that that person is the same person now, I'd say more investigation is needed.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A lair is always a lair, drifting like a sailboat here and there “definitions of the politicians” and their professions.

Want me to trust’em..?? Hell…. NO WAY…!!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The question is if one's distant past show us that that person is the same person now, I'd say more investigation is needed.

Regressive hypnosis is a good technique to learn if you were good or bad in your most recent past life.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That is one tasty question.

For me minor infractions don't bother looking into it, IMO there is a "crime" and there is crime. Let's take Trump-If he had smoked the wacky tobacky in college-technically it's a "crime" but no harm was done, if he spray painted 'Trump rulz' on the side of a building, that's a "crime."

These smear and fear campaigns are getting ridiculous. I reckon that if Pelosi didn't wash her hands after the toilet 13 years ago FOX would be all over it, and if Trump saw someone sneeze without saying 'bless you' 40 years ago it's impeachment time!

If a politician inhaled or got into drunken shenanigans in their youth who cares a lot? The American MSM knows how to stir the pot.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It sure mattered when it came to a 15 year old tape of 2 guys exchanging crass banter, which EVERYONE male or female does.

It sure mattered when it came to a high school yearbook and a Supreme Court nomination.

It's always very important and revealing when its someone on the right but curiously we are told that it doesn't matter when it comes to anyone on the Left.

Pictures with rabid anti Semite Farrakhan? Geez let it go, it's in the past!

Pictures of a Democrat in blackface or a KKK hood? Give me a break people change, you conservatives are soooooo uptight.

And on and on and on and on.

The double standard is sickening.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

only if you dont like them - and can find no current // relevant dirt

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Virginia Governor is a fascist. Here he is giving a Nazi salute in the womb.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yes, it most certainly does.

Lets be clear here. Early indicators of the quality of a persons character, are a boon to anyone constructing a psychological profile of an individual. While it is true that psychological profiles can be constructed in their absence, using data which is gleaned from their current behaviours, having a full working history of a persons record of behaviour is like having a Rosetta stone for their archetype as a person.

Early indicators of sadistic, exploitative, and demonstrably amoral behaviour, during a persons formative experiences, and indeed throughout their lives, can be incredibly instructive as to the actual implications of a persons current activities, statements and motivations.

Integrity is not something one can possess, if one also possesses traits which the layperson would refer to, in the absence of context, as evil. Compassionate, decent, moral people, do not have psychological histories in which they express a perverted understanding of right and wrong beyond a certain age. The people you can trust to do as they say they will do, and moreover, say they will do the right things, for the right reasons when it counts, do not have histories which indicate that they have ever caused a person to suffer unnecessarily, nor do they have a history of recounting with any glee or satisfaction, instances where they inflicted themselves on others against their will, in a negative way.

Its simply impossible for a person who grows up expressing either that they have no understanding of right or wrong, or worse, that they know the difference and simply prefer the latter in the main, to arrive all of a sudden at a stage in life where they become someone you can trust, someone you can depend on, someone whose morality, ethics and therefore their political aspirations can be said to be solid and above board. It IS possible for a young person to be caught up in circumstances beyond their control or understanding, and have a poor history which they eventually shake off, with the help of therapists and a community that cares for them, but that is all part and parcel of growth, and the psychological and behavioural history of the individual.

Those who seek public office must either not be the sort of people who expressed sadistic or otherwise criminal tendencies in their youth and early adulthood, or must be persons who, while having a troubled upbringing, sought out and engaged with the necessary assistance to correct themselves, not out of fear of ramifications for themselves and their career pathways being limited by their malevolent tendencies, but out of a wish to not only be healed from the trauma that set them off down the wrong path, but ultimately be well enough to help others who find themselves in similarly dire circumstances.

It is important to understand also, that if one seeks a strong leadership, but elects those who have fragile egos, compound insecurities about their bodies, their intelligence, and are therefore willing to gleefully absorb any propaganda that seeks to scapegoat everyone else in the world, rather than deal with their own total corruption and toxicity, then what you get is literally the opposite of what you claim to be after. The two things are not like unto one another. Strength of character is not expressed when a person exerts power on others. The strong do not desire power, they do not covet it, nor guard it closely. The strong do not require to bolster their own capacity with artificial additions derived from systems of governance or law, nor from their positions within those structures. A strong person, a mentally and spiritually solid individual does not require or seek validation of that nature from their fellow human beings. They get on with whatever they are doing, without fanfare, without spending over much time in self edification, preferring to dedicate their time and effort to the tasks before them, rather than self promoting to the point of banality. They do not have to lie in order to draw people to their side on a matter, because strong people know that you cannot and should not achieve anything by falsehood, that ought to be achieved with truth and evenhandedness.

That strength comes from a combination of factors, but without doubt the most important of them is how they grew up, what they did during that time and their early adulthood. No one who was ever a bully at school has ever turned out to be a genuinely strong person. They may have abs to die for and thighs that could crush a Harley Davidson flat, but in terms of strength of character, they were, and having stunted their own development with sadism and tyranny, will remain for all time, weak of character, lacking decency, morality or any ethical understanding at all. The best of these people spend their lives trying to pull away from that darkness of intent, the worst merely give into it. Its not to say that these people cannot be successful, in fact the very traits that make for a successful businessperson, ruthlessness, sadistic enjoyment of the suffering and conquest of others, these things are defined by many of the worlds top flight business leaders and captains of industry, as the very stuff of which success is made in business.

But it makes for a lousy human being, and lousy human beings, make appallingly lousy leaders, especially in nations which have any pretense at all, toward being "free" places, where citizens are possessed of anything even laughingly referred to as liberty.

Now, let me make something else clear. If someone was photographed once at a KKK rally, or a meeting, without being there to protest the existence of the KKK, regardless of what year it was when the photograph was taken, then guess what? They should be disqualified from holding office, for the rest of time. The people who should lead nations NOW, are those who did not need telling that racism and membership of white supremacist groups, or tolerance of their existence was unacceptable, THEN. Its pretty simple really. If a person ever thought that the KKK or any group like them were harmless, believed for one second that the constitution protects and offers a person the right to treat others differently based on their race, creed, colour, sexuality, or any other damned thing, then guess what? They should not be leading a nation now.

The ONLY people who should be leading nations, or states, or parts thereof, in this day and age, are people who are so much more advanced than to EVER be caught up in that mess, or anything like it, that they might as well be in a completely different subcategory of evolution, quite frankly, to those who did. Put simply, if a person has ever been taken in by white supremacy, or anything that even bares structural similarity to it, they ought by rights to be disqualified from adopting any position other than that of life long, abject apology and atonement, such that they would never DARE to attempt to take charge of anything, knowing that despite the fact that all people are in some way flawed, there is flawed, and then there is dangerously and all to easily corrupted, and that they, being the latter, have nothing to add or contribute of merit.

This goes for a whole host of misdeeds that a person might have engaged in during their life. I just use those examples because they are stark and easy to contemplate without murk in the water of thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If there's one thing I've learned in my life is, people can change learn and grow in their life, and all of us have skeletons from something we done during our life.

People spend a large portion of their lives trying to find themselves, many of us continue that search til the day we die. As a result we try on different hats during our life.

At one point in high school I put on a different hat, where I attempted to be the opposite of my self, it got me positive feedback at first, but eventually resulted in me ending up in the principles office for sexual harassment. Something that made me feel terrible, sick, and cried to myself for days.

Should my life be judged by that hat I wore once, in which I was another person, from who I am most of my life?

It's easy to take a single snap shot of someones life and paint a picture wholly inaccurate to who they are now.

That said, anyone who's made it anywhere in politics is probably the scum of the earth, we seriously need a reset on ALL these assholes.
edit on 2/4/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your response is long, but I think the answer is simple.

Young people make mistakes. All of them. Some of them get "caught" some don't, but all of them do something irregular.
The question is if they have learned from that mistake, and I think recent history will tell us if they have. I'm not talking about law breaking. There are already statute of limitations that govern that.

Very few people in the history of our world have been "advanced than to EVER be caught up in that mess". Some might be lucky, but very few I would be advanced. I would say that advanced people probably made more embarassing mistakes than most.
Think of true visionaries in our history, MLK, Kennedy, even Thomas Edison was considered a bad role model for fighting dirty! All of them did embarrassing things by today's standards would get them completely roasted!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thomas Edison electrocuted an elephant to prove a point. We should boycott light bulbs and everything else this reprehensible creep was involved with.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I would conclude from your comment that you don't support our system of juvenile justice. Records should not be sealed and all juveniles should be tried as adults.

"Early indicators of the quality of a persons character, are a boon to anyone constructing a psychological profile of an individual. While it is true that psychological profiles can be constructed in their absence, using data which is gleaned from their current behaviours, having a full working history of a persons record of behaviour is like having a Rosetta stone for their archetype as a person.

Early indicators of sadistic, exploitative, and demonstrably amoral behaviour, during a persons formative experiences, and indeed throughout their lives, can be incredibly instructive as to the actual implications of a persons current activities, statements and motivations."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join