It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris announces her State of the Union Address Guest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Perhaps the President should invite the victims of illegal violence and sit them all behind him as he makes an announcement about the wall? Pretty neat huh?

Or Mexican women that have been raped on the way here, except that would likely leave a several mile long line of them waiting outside

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

Is this the worlds smallest cello?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

actually it could be the world's loudest Stradivarius 😎

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

No kidding, right?

How does that even work??

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Hmmmm, interesting. I would invite OJ Simpson onstage and pardon him in front of Congress....just cause he can.

“In honour of black history month, I hereby pardon OJ Simpson”, and fist-bump him.

Liberal heads would pop

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

That gave me a genuine chuckle.

I LOL'd out loud.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

I LOL'd out loud.

LOL, made me chuckle too !

Seriously though, even in CA an annual income of a quarter of a million dollars is enough to live pretty well, I know folks that make half that and are still able to put their kids through college and own their homes. Kamala is out of touch with reality if she believes the average American is going to see her " guests " plight of not being paid for a month on time as a hardship. Now losing their home in the CA fires is another matter and a whole other " rabbit hole ". Unless these folks owned their home outright, their mortgage would require fire insurance. It's sad they probably lost family mementos, pics, etc. and I'm sure it was traumatic, but it pales in comparison to people who have lost family members to violence and drugs that pour in over the southern border.

I also think someone needs to pin these folks down who want socialized health care if Federal workers, including Congress, will now be required to give up their Health care packages ? Will it become like Canada where the Wealthy will have the option to pay for health care that's out of reach for the average citizen ?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

If living on a quarter of a million dollars isn't possible...someone has some serious spending issues. Or like all too many people do, are buying a home that costs far, far too much, which given California real estate prices, is possible--but that is no ones fault but their own, and I'm not going to feel too sorry for 'em. Losing it is hard, no doubt. But it pales in comparison to losing ones loved ones to disease, accident, or criminal violence.

I realize that California has a higher cost of living than many other places, but c'mon, it's a quarter of a million dollars.

Over twenty thousand dollars a month, before taxes, I should add...but still.

I could live on that very, very comfortably with more than a few thousand left over for a rainy day, or even a month.

Harris has, to my mind, missed the boat big time on this one. But I'm not all that surprised.
edit on 2/4/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I LOL'd out loud.

I also think someone needs to pin these folks down who want socialized health care if Federal workers, including Congress, will now be required to give up their Health care packages ? Will it become like Canada where the Wealthy will have the option to pay for health care that's out of reach for the average citizen ?

where in Canada can the rich pay for healthcare that is out of reach for most people? i know that many Canadians who can afford it will go to other countries where they can pay for healthcare that would not be available in Canada, or available without waiting a few years for it. but have never heard of special healthcare the rich can buy in Canada.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

I LOL'd out loud.

where in Canada can the rich pay for healthcare that is out of reach for most people? i know that many Canadians who can afford it will go to other countries where they can pay for healthcare that would not be available in Canada, or available without waiting a few years for it. but have never heard of special healthcare the rich can buy in Canada.

Here's a great video done by a Canadian born comic on socialized Health Care in Canada. I also am friends with a few Canadians that have told me horror stories about their personal experiences, one example was waiting months to get kidney stone treatment and having to travel over 200 miles to get an in office treatment.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Screw these overpaid flunkies. Real intelligence/talent is already in the private sector, which pays far more than these unaccountable public excuses.

I enjoyed watching them sweat. part of my hopes Dems don't budge on the wall again, I'd love to see it happen again.

As far as that goes, it is pathetic they make so much money but can't be bothered to save NOT SPEND enough to survive several months without any income and still pay the bills/meet necessities. Yes, this means giving up cable, eating out, cell phones, all luxuries, etc. But survival is more important than entertainment, and the public isn't obligated to take care of anybody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join