It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Savage Arrested by ICE, May Be Deported

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The arrest was met with baffled reactions online, as the rapper has long been associated with Atlanta and performed with local rappers T.I., Migos, Lil Yachty and Ludacris at an A-town-heavy concert in the city on Thursday during the run-up to today’s Super Bowl. However, Cox told the AJC that Savage, 26, is an “unlawfully present United Kingdom national” who legally entered the U.S. in July 2005 on a visa that expired a year later, Cox said.

21 Savage Arrested by ICE, May Be Deported

This came as a surprise. I don't know how many hip hop fans there are on this forum, my gut feeling is not too many, and you might even think this is good news. I liked a couple of his songs, didn't follow him though. He'd drop a gem every once in a while, usually one song per album etc.

It's unusual because he's been popular for a long time and has made millions from his career which he gets to keep I'm sure. He was born in 1992 so he came to the United States when he was 13, enrolled in public school in Atlanta, and became who he is based off of his surroundings, living situation, and people he was around. Never would've thought that he was born in the UK and he obviously never advertised it.

How do you get charged with a drug felony (it doesnt say he was ever convicted) and no one notices that you aren't a US citizen? Then 5 years later, on Superbowl Sunday right before the game in Atlanta, you get plucked by ICE? That's.. kinda weird.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

You need to check your PMs.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

if only we had the wall

oh wait

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

You need to check your PMs.

Woops, yeah sorry. I wouldn't have unless you mentioned it. 🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well,

Rules are Rules. Nice to see that being applied to all rule breakers, regardless of their financial/social standing.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Kill Em' ALL ! , Oh Wait , that's Not Politically Correct Now , is it ? Ugh....
edit on 3-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Well,

Rules are Rules. Nice to see that being applied to all rule breakers, regardless of their financial/social standing.

Yep. Isn't that right eriktheawful? I was playing around with colors lastnight when I was bored. I had a moment of genius and tried to replicate the exact color code for the board background but couldn't get it. 😓

As for 21 Savage, this might not be much of news here but in the black community and in the hip hop world, it's a big deal because he's extremely popular and has a unique sound. Not your typical rap at all, can get very melodic. You'd have to listen to one of his songs on YouTube to know what I'm talking about.

21 Savage - Dead People (Official Audio)

P.S. Would it be safe to say that if ICE wasn't on steroids and on a mission because of the political climate and southern border that this wouldn't have happened? But on the otherhand, how would you resolve an issue like that without detaining him? There's no bond in that system so it's different. How does it work? He waits in a cell until a hearing in front of a judge but is that it? One quick decision, stay or go? Can a judge simply decide to let him stay and if so, how would a convicted felon in the USA who isn't a citizen of the USA get a citizenship?
edit on 2/3/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It’s important that we, as a nation, apply our immigration laws to everyone equally. I see no problem with this and hope we continue to round up those that are in violation of our immigration laws.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

What felonies has he committed?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It’s kind of weird this happened right after he changed his style up and started talking about the government and the problems in society.

Strange.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It’s important that we, as a nation, apply our immigration laws to everyone equally. I see no problem with this and hope we continue to round up those that are in violation of our immigration laws.

Well yeah I agree, I'm not mad about it or expecting them to let him stay or anything. He's probably pissed because he's a millionaire and has to sleep in a cell without access to even canteen probably until his hearing, lol.

If and when he's deported, who knows what family or friends he has in the UK but he'll be landing with his money because the US Government doesn't seize it when they deport you or so I read, It's legitimately earned income. If that's how it goes, I wonder if he'll make an album again after being in the UK and what it would be like, how much would this influence it. He already had a career of sorts in the sense that if he was smart with his money or had someone handling his affairs that he could've retired yesterday, but if he wanted to be a bigger name in a way never seen before, he could use the deportation.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What felonies has he committed?

I don't know the exact nature of it but in articles about this, it gets mentioned that he was charged or convicted of a drug related felony in 2014. The difference between charged and convicted as we know is everything but either way, I think it's strange that they didn't care about his legal status then when he had been caught doing something bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A person should not be allowed to make and keep money when here breaking the law.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
A person should not be allowed to make and keep money when here breaking the law.

That's probably an extreme punishment.

I do think that they should be subject to an audit and have to pay any possible back taxes before being deported.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Pretty sure even if you aren't a citizen and you are working within' the US you still need to pay taxes. The IRS doesn't care what you do, where you're from, or how you got the money, if you got it in the US, they just want their cut.

That being said. It's close to tax season, maybe they are preparing to hit him hard because he didn't pay them before?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It doesn't deter being here illegally. But many don't care.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I'm sure the mafia, I mean tax department were happy taking their share.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

if only we had the wall

oh wait

Gotta keep that steady supply of poor brown slaves amirite?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that this also comes after he started speaking publicly in a more uplifting way. He became “woke” as the kids say and used his celebrity status to spread a more positive message. When he was rapping about “slanging dope” and dropping bodies all was well. Then he switches up to more positive thought provoking messages and BAM, now you gotta go. 🤔

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join