It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1977 Ford LTD "UFO" Car From Marshall County Minnesota

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Say what? Well, that's what people call a 1977 Ford LTD police car from Minnesota. The patrol car 's hood, windshield, headlight, a red patrol light, as well as both radio antennas, sustained damage due to colliding with a "UFO" back in 1979. Matter of fact, it's on display at the Marshall County Museum.

On August 27, 1979, Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy, Val Johnson, struck a mysterious ball of white light that was hovering 3 feet above the ground, while on night patrol. Johnson was knocked out briefly and sustained burns around his eyes. It was also reported that his wrist watch and the clock on the dash of his patrol car, both ticked 14 minutes slow after the incident.

At 1:40 a.m. 36 years ago, Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Val Johnson was on night patrol along a rural section of State Highway 220 near Warren, Minn., when he drove into a ball of white light.

"I noticed a very bright, brilliant light, 8 to 12 inches in diameter, 3 to 4 feet off the ground," Johnson said in a taped police interview. "The edges were very defined."

Johnson drove toward the light, and woke up in the ditch a half-hour later with burns around his eyes. The windshield and one headlight of his 1977 Ford LTD were smashed. Both radio antenna were bent sharply back. The watch on his wrist and the clock on the dash both ticked 14 minutes slow.

www.mprnews.org...

COPIES OF THE INVESTIGATION REPORTS:

2015 WCCO 4 NEWS CLIP ABOUT THIS ENCOUNTER:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Dukes of Hazard were very inventive

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

that's some cool stuff.

thank you for the post.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Damn, too bad they didn't have dash cams back in 1979!

Cool thread nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Brilliant find OP, the car, the investigative report, all of it-cool.

After seeing that car I have a sudden urge to watch Blues Brothers again.
edit on 3-2-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You ever see the Second season of "Fargo"?
They take real crimes and add folklore( because they did this ) to make a backdrop for a real event...

shawmanfromny! Watch this season! Which is 2! ( why am I shouting! ). This police cruiser is brought up😊🤗😉😁😁

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Double

edit on 3-2-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks for the heads up! I still remember driving my dad's 1977 Ford LTD with a 460 CID V8. Ran like a slug with all the smog emission crap on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

4 barrel engines were light speed for me. Dad hit the gas peddle, and colors changed for me. My eyeballs slammed into the back of my skull.

The police car and officer you bring however is HUUUuuge in UFO history.. I'm going to have to S&F! ( look at that, I'm shouting again! )...
it was known well before the Fargo season I bring up. It's why I gave Fargo a watch.

As always, keep them coming

edit on 3-2-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why make a new thread and not add to the already excellent existing one here?provided there were new breaking news which i doubt

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

This thread is mainly focused on the damaged police car and includes a video clip posted on November 2015 from WCCO 4 News Weekends. I believe the old thread was written in 2010 and doesn't include the 2015 newscast footage, nor does it focus on the patrol car. If this concerns you so much, take it up with the MODS.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
These types of threads are right up "UFO Orb Hunters" alley, I hope he sees it!!!!

Don't know why people complain about something so petty. Who the hell is gonna add to a thread from 2010, 9 years ago?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
Why make a new thread and not add to the already excellent existing one here?provided there were new breaking news which i doubt

Are you joking? If he had taken your advice, nobody would've seen it.

You actually believe there should only be one thread per topic...forever? So if someone makes a thread and it SUCKS, nobody else can make another thread about that topic? We have to just keep on using the sucky one? Forever?

*speaking to the rest of the room*
Gentleman... I think we found our space alien. Just TRY having a conversation with this fellow and I guarantee you'll be asking yourself in no time, "what planet is this guy from???"

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
ooopsie...double post... Yep, Double Trouble AGAIN... Jeez I wonder why this is the only website on Earth that does this??? There has to be a way to fix it. All the computer geeks running around here and we are still putting up with this? Come on...
edit on 2/4/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post?? Been a while since Ive done that... I guess I'd best skedaddle before I cause any more trouble.
edit on 2/4/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

link   

You actually believe there should only be one thread per topic...forever? So if someone makes a thread and it SUCKS, nobody else can make another thread about that topic? We have to just keep on using the sucky one? Forever?

Gentleman... I think we found our space alien. Just TRY having a conversation with this fellow and I guarantee you'll be asking yourself in no time, "what planet is this guy from???"

link   

link   

link   

link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join