It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Scientists have Discovered the Cause of the Little Ice Age !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure global warming is due to all the hot air put out by corrupt politicians.
Climate change is a scam to take more of our money. Wake up.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: Carcharadon

What do your sources say about the Trail of Tears?

That the Indians had inferior weapons and yet they were allowed to live after losing the wars?

My wife is a decedent of a Trail of Tears member and we really do have skin in that game as my kids now are too.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

I still think Macron had the right solution. Tax the French.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Just, 'cause' I am assuming. Star for that as a joke!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I read that the other day and really Laughed Out Loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

It is a joke. The entire thing is insane. I'm against pollution but the idea we are destroying the planet through climate change is exactly the same superstition as that doing a rain dance will make it rain. And even if you do believe that, placing the blame on America and Europe is crazy when the worst polluters are China and India.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: xuenchen

The increase in trees and vegetation across an area the size of France resulted in a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, according to the study. Carbon levels changed enough to cool the Earth by 1610, researchers found. Columbus arrived in 1492, "CO2 and climate had been relatively stable until this point," said UCL Geography Professor Mark Maslin, one of the study's co-authors. "So, this is the first major change we see in the Earth's greenhouse gases."

So a few sq miles of farmland deserted affected the CO2 levels.....LOL

What happened in Europe?

Were Indians slaughtered in Europe?

wiki

1600. The Little Ice Age is a period between about 1300 and 1870 during which Europe and North America were subjected to much colder winters than during the 20th century. The period can be divided in two phases, the first beginning around 1300 and continuing until the late 1400s.

LOL - this is why Science will never be trusted - too much political agenda
Science is still trusted. The problem is that you believe this was science.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Democrat
Scientists

ROTFLMFAO

Those two words, used together was all it took for me to disregard the article as BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RighteousTwiglett

Because science hasn't been science for quite some time. That's why.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I wonder, did those 'sceintists' factor in Genghis Kahn ? born 1162, he is thought to have slaughtered 40 million people on his rampage west wards, A lot of re-forestation took place after he passed by.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversleep
The level of stupid at CNN is off the charts.

They are as anti American as ISIS.

domestic terrorists

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

It is a joke. The entire thing is insane. I'm against pollution but the idea we are destroying the planet through climate change is exactly the same superstition as that doing a rain dance will make it rain. And even if you do believe that, placing the blame on America and Europe is crazy when the worst polluters are China and India.

I will quote Lynerd SKynerd on that post

"Well you got that right, you sho-ore got that right."

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: xuenchen

The increase in trees and vegetation across an area the size of France resulted in a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, according to the study. Carbon levels changed enough to cool the Earth by 1610, researchers found. Columbus arrived in 1492, "CO2 and climate had been relatively stable until this point," said UCL Geography Professor Mark Maslin, one of the study's co-authors. "So, this is the first major change we see in the Earth's greenhouse gases."

So a few sq miles of farmland deserted affected the CO2 levels.....LOL

What happened in Europe?

Were Indians slaughtered in Europe?

wiki

1600. The Little Ice Age is a period between about 1300 and 1870 during which Europe and North America were subjected to much colder winters than during the 20th century. The period can be divided in two phases, the first beginning around 1300 and continuing until the late 1400s.

LOL - this is why Science will never be trusted - too much political agenda
Science is still trusted. The problem is that you believe this was science.

I would say that lies that pass for Science like this article is about, are going to make it where no one will trust those of us that make a living as Scientists !!!

I have been lamenting the CO2 lie for a long time on ATS. That is probably the main issue as I had seen a car that runs on water at an EPA event and it is still NOT in production.
edit on 4-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett
I may be out of the loop on this but before I signed up (long time lurker) I noticed something. Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations? I understand that individuals have their own political views / sides, but why does that have to have anything to do with scientific discoveries?

Whenever I see stuff like this I always assume there's some passive-agressive agenda instead of just sharing interesting information.

Just to add for clarification, anybody can quickly research sources for scientific news to get to the bottom of whether it has legitimacy to it, so why are political associations important?

Really good point. The answer is that they aren't unless 1. You have your own political agenda and 2. You've been brainwashed by a propaganda agent like Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, The Weird Coumo Guy on CNN, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When Columbus discovered America (deal with it), the Native American population was already decimated due to disease. All across America there were less than a million natives!

Considering that they weren't much for agriculture, I can't believe this report at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
When Columbus discovered America (deal with it), the Native American population was already decimated due to disease. All across America there were less than a million natives!

Considering that they weren't much for agriculture, I can't believe this report at all.

Perhaps Vikings brought the virus that killed them off for Spaniards to find the Indian mounds but not many Indians in the 15th Century. I say that since Eric Liefson the son of the Viking King Eric the Red, found N. America about 1000 AD( or BE, whatever it is I haven't learned that on purpose).

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RighteousTwiglett
I may be out of the loop on this but before I signed up (long time lurker) I noticed something. Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations? I understand that individuals have their own political views / sides, but why does that have to have anything to do with scientific discoveries?

Whenever I see stuff like this I always assume there's some passive-agressive agenda instead of just sharing interesting information.

Just to add for clarification, anybody can quickly research sources for scientific news to get to the bottom of whether it has legitimacy to it, so why are political associations important?

I can't speak for everyone.....but for some, it is important to emphasis, mention, or at give subtle hints towards the political nature or arena in which some of these issues in the threads exist.

In other words, some of the topics in these threads, while not political themselves, are relevant to the political atmosphere of today.

Take this thread for instance. It is important to mention to mention the political aspect of this, because this is exactly what the Left, and CNN do. They spread the ideology of white guilt, cultural appropriation, white privilege, etc. Therefore, if someone makes a thread where they saw something on CNN and it relates to white guilt, it doesn't exist in a bubble....it is part of a political agenda being pushed. Therefore it is relevant to include it in the thread.

Just my two cents

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations?

Because the democrats rent 90% of the space in the OPs head.

As for the subject, I find it hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This is not "interesting information." It is just evidence the left makes up claims which are absurd.
What they are saying is that because atmospheric CO2 levels were lowered it caused the LIA. Which is absurd because it has been known for a long time that it was the Sun's low activity which caused the LIA.

But anyway, they are saying that lowering atmospheric CO2 caused the LIA... Guess what the left wants to do, and are doing in many places now?... They have set up studies, and programs to sequester atmospheric CO2. This will lower atmospheric CO2...

Sequestering atmospheric CO2 will cause a stunt in the growth of all plant life, and will reduce harvests. What "sequestering atmospheric CO2" will do is cause more massive famine, and will force plant life to use more water. What once were forests will become deserts if these programs to sequester atmospheric CO2 continue to occur. Less food, and less water for humans and animals will be much worse than having more atmospheric CO2. More atmospheric CO2 has been proven to have "helped make the Earth greener."

edit on 4-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations?

Because the democrats rent 90% of the space in the OPs head.

As for the subject, I find it hard to believe.

I will put you down for Reeeeeee then? Maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join