It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Scientists have Discovered the Cause of the Little Ice Age !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Finally we have the full conclusive answer to why the Little Ice Age happened.

A report published by CNN has all the facts and reasons.

It was because European settlers came to the New World and over Centuries, killed millions of Natives that were there.

Has to do with the CO2 🤣

Democrat "Any Means Necessary" marbles rolling off a level table 🤣

European colonizers killed so many Native Americans that it changed the global climate, researchers say

When Europeans arrived in the Americas, they caused so much death and disease that it changed the global climate, a new study finds.

European settlers killed 56 million indigenous people over about 100 years in South, Central and North America, causing large swaths of farmland to be abandoned and reforested, researchers at University College London, or UCL, estimate. The increase in trees and vegetation across an area the size of France resulted in a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, according to the study.
Carbon levels changed enough to cool the Earth by 1610, researchers found. Columbus arrived in 1492,

"settled research must be true"

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I may be out of the loop on this but before I signed up (long time lurker) I noticed something. Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations? I understand that individuals have their own political views / sides, but why does that have to have anything to do with scientific discoveries?

Whenever I see stuff like this I always assume there's some passive-agressive agenda instead of just sharing interesting information.
edit on 3-2-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: (no reason given)

Just to add for clarification, anybody can quickly research sources for scientific news to get to the bottom of whether it has legitimacy to it, so why are political associations important?
edit on 3-2-2019 by RighteousTwiglett because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The level of stupid at CNN is off the charts.

They are as anti American as ISIS.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is proof that CNN is now hiring "journalist" directly from high school.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

European settlers killed 56 million indigenous people over about 100 years in South, Central and North America, causing large swaths of farmland to be abandoned and reforested, 

Weird logic🤔
So loggers in the Amazon Rain Forrest are actually SAVING LIFE ON THIS PLANET AS WE KNOW IT?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The increase in trees and vegetation across an area the size of France resulted in a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, according to the study. Carbon levels changed enough to cool the Earth by 1610, researchers found. Columbus arrived in 1492, "CO2 and climate had been relatively stable until this point," said UCL Geography Professor Mark Maslin, one of the study's co-authors. "So, this is the first major change we see in the Earth's greenhouse gases."

So a few sq miles of farmland deserted affected the CO2 levels.....LOL

What happened in Europe?

Were Indians slaughtered in Europe?

wiki

1600. The Little Ice Age is a period between about 1300 and 1870 during which Europe and North America were subjected to much colder winters than during the 20th century. The period can be divided in two phases, the first beginning around 1300 and continuing until the late 1400s.

LOL - this is why Science will never be trusted - too much political agenda

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RighteousTwiglett

Why do scientific threads, about news, research and such have to mention political associations?

I think the OP mind reads the Authors political bent. Beats me?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who was galavanting all over the Americas recording census records?

We have been so naive for decades, that we take these bs "scientific" declarations for real.

By the reasoning in the Cartoon News Network's article, the death of 60% of the European population from the plague also must have contributed to this Little Ice Age!

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

In our universe sits a small galaxy that has a small solar system where a small planet orbits.

On that small planet is a library of the most idiotic things ever.

A new entry has just been made.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mark Maslin is Professor of Geography

not even qualified to predict the weather but he wants to tell us what caused the ice age

go home your drunk

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So, if true genocide can stop global warming!

The far left's solution to save the world in 12 years or less?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sometimes wonder if our monkeying with mother nature didn't perhaps add to the situation were facing. Things like

HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) I know there's a lot of talk with Sun irregularities and cycles as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Due to their ideological cultism these types of people are only capable of holding one thought in their head at a time and right now the only thing rattling around in there skulls is "white man bad". Thus it is projected onto anything and everything in which they are involved. The Covington incident is a perfect microcosm for this disorder in which they are afflicted. Which is why I was arguing in another thread that now needs to be the time of the contrarian to rise up and right the wrongs of the consensus. Group-think has run amok.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder how much the world cooled in the 20th century thanks to all the people who died?

You know, the 17 Million who died in WW1
The 45 Million who died of Spanish Flu
The 73 Million who died in WW2

That's about 136 million from just a 30 year period. Doesn't even include all the smaller wars from the same time period. Or any of the really nasty stuff.
edit on -060004pm2kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

This is proof that CNN is now hiring "journalist" directly from high school.

You guys do realize that they're simply reporting the findings of a study conducted by the University College London, right?

It's not like CNN have got their own researchers who came to this conclusion... Idiots!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RighteousTwiglett

Anything "CNN" and/or "Global Warming" has political meanings.

Especially when Democrats are involved 😎

And double-especially when a crackpot scientific study gets published 🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No it's because there really ARE political associations with this issue, and democrats truly own it in a majority of support.

But there is good news too!

All the tree huggers have to do is stop hugging the trees and plant a whole bunch of trees instead, and Co2 levels will drop!

We don't even need to pay carbon taxes for their new cars and boats like Al Gore would spend it on, (which would be self defeating anyways).

edit on 3-2-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This leads to the obvious solution, all Democrats can save the planet ! The solution is clear they just need the guts to follow thru. a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
This leads to the obvious solution, all Democrats can save the planet ! The solution is clear they just need the guts to follow thru. a reply to: xuenchen

They would all have to breath in perfectly synchronized unity 😎

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

When Europeans arrived in the Americas, they caused so much death and disease that it changed the global climate, a new study finds.

Was that before or after the natives clear cutted their forest to make way for their 'mega cities' of the era?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join