It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushing animals to their full potential.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If this is not the correct forum, I apologize. However, this is still an interesting idea. We've all heard of animal-like feral humans. However, I would like to see the opposite. Let's say you take an animal, I'll use a gorilla as an example, and train it from birth to use language (sign language I suppose), and then you teach it the ability to read and type, then how to use a computer. Then you teach it to drive, which seems possible to me. How far could various animals advance if they were thought instead of merely trained? Could a gorilla possibly get a job and pay bills, and live a stressful human life? Also, what if you taught a gorilla strength training techniques and fed it protein shakes, and gave it a gym? Sorry for the absurd concept, but I find it interesting.

The crypto tie-in is what if these creatures are out there, having escaped their labs?
edit on 3-2-2019 by just2cents because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you like to read science fiction you might get a kick out of David Brin's "Uplift" saga.

Uplift Universe

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
These kinds of studies have been done for many years and all it begets is cruelty and misery for the animals. In my opinion the way they live is better than ours in many ways already.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I'll have to check that out.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: just2cents

Years ago I heard of feral man near here. When I mentioned it to a friend more recently he got very excited and said he knew someone who'd seen a feral man on the same hill not far from GCHQ Cheltenham. www.gchq.gov.uk... May well have escaped.
edit on 3 2 2019 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I just mean, what if they are equal to us. Instead of dying when we destroy their environment, incorporate them into our culture. I know our lives are crule, but we have been able to advance and make life better in some ways. What is they just need a helping hand to take the first step.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I can't post a link, but they have taught Chimpanzees and monkeys to sign. You should Google it. There are videos.
edit on 3-2-2019 by iplay1up2 because: Added

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I know about that. I was referring to taking it further. Raise one as a human and push it as hard as we can. Perhaps teach it physics if possible. Teach it to drive a car, do work, organize a check book.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Been tried before. IQ prettty much tops out at parlor tricks and sign language. Vocal chords are not shaped right for talking. Attention span is not there for driving, or other tasks that require attention

Although, I did read that Coco the gorilla has a higher IQ than the average of Congo. Not sure if that's true though.

I bet your op sounds like the convo the "elite" had about us. Lol

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You just can't teach a gorilla or any primate to do human tasks. They are unable to produce speech beyond grunts, growls and displays of aggression. Teaching sign language to a gorilla is very limited. They could only take so much before they would go ape-sh@! mad with aggression.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Idk.....Kind of like the planet of the apes.....🤔

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's Possible , They CAN Learn .

edit on 3-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Lol, probably so. Or aliens talking about Stephen Hawking.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

But that did involve an Alzheimer's cure.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If the Americans can teach dolphins to shoot Soviets, anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

There is nothing absurd about it. Many animals are far more intelligent than people realize and even self-aware.

That is a painting done by an elephant. Link to the video.

Even some birds are very intelligent.

African Grey Parrots are extremely sociable, loving, and intelligent animals. They are capable of learning hundreds of human words and sounds, which can be used in their proper contexts. Some researchers say that African Grey Parrots have intelligence equivalent to that of a five-year-old child. The most famous African Grey was probably Alex (1976 - 2007) who was the subject of a thirty-year (1977-2007) experiment by animal psychologist Irene Pepperberg.

By the end of his life, he could identify fifty different objects and recognize quantities up to six; he could distinguish seven colors and five shapes, and understand the concepts of "bigger," "smaller," "same," and "different," and that he was learning "over" and "under." Alex had a memorized vocabulary of about 150 words, but what was exceptional was that he used these words to actually communicate what he wanted. For example, when he was tired of being tested, he would say "I'm gonna go away", and if the researcher displayed annoyance, Alex tried to diffuse it with the phrase, "I'm sorry."

Smartest Animals

Alex could form real sentences and differentiate between not only colors, but materials. Alex could tell the difference between metal, plastic and wood objects the same shape and color.

Who knows about dolphins and what their intelligence level is.

Dolphins demonstrate problem solving and tool-use by picking up the habit of swimming with sea sponges on their snouts, which armor them against the prick of spiny fish. In one study, Bottlenose dolphins were found capable of choosing an "I don't know" option during a difficult test. When the dolphins selected that option, they were likely considering their own thought process. This indicates the cognitive concept known as metacognition, which some consider an indicator of self-awareness and higher consciousness.

Among human we have rare examples of hyper-intelligent individuals with reasoning and problem solving abilities way above the norm. They can barely even communicate with people of average intelligence, so who knows if there are not individual animals who are hyper-intelligent compared to their own species?

I have a close friend of many decades, I'm his only friend in fact, who has never been able to socialize successfully with most people around him. Not even his own family who labeled him insane early on. He's been in and out of mental facilities multiple times in his life and he is anything but insane. When he starts talking it goes so far over other peoples heads, it scares them and they don't understand what he's saying because they don't even try.

The military understood what he was and let him join when he was over the age limit. In fact they sent a car to his house to pick him up after he forced them to let him take the test. They had no idea what to do with him, once they had him and in usual government style, made him a tank gunner of all things.

He's gone out into the wild a couple of times for a few months and gave serious consideration to not returning.

What if there are rare animals, who like him are so far above the norm they no longer act like their own species? Something to think about.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Awesome. There is actually a metal band whose lead singer is an African Grey. It's called Hate Beak. It's honestly not bad. Bird Seeds of Vengence is really good. I've wondered if there is an Einstein of the animal world.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: just2cents
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

If the Americans can teach dolphins to shoot Soviets, anything is possible.

They mess with their genes they add human DNA.

Been being done secretly at lease since the 40s they now will pretend they can just do this.

The human-animal mixtures are being created by injecting human stem cells into days-old animal embryos, then gestating these in female livestock. Based on interviews with three teams, two in California and one in Minnesota, MIT Technology Review estimates that about 20 pregnancies of pig-human or sheep-human chimeras have been established during the last 12 months in the U.S., though so far no scientific paper describing the work has been published, and none of the animals were brought to term.

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Ah, like Humanzee?

top topics

join