It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there may have been thousands more children torn from parents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk Maybe I don't understand that wall near water thing either? How do dams work? and culverts I see going right thru cities? I used to be a flight test engineer, but I really know nothing about building walls.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well first off there is a large amount of laws that prohibit putting a wall in a flood plain. Getting around such laws would be similar in effort to changing the immigration laws. The current law states that if a person puts a foot on us soil then they are subject to the jurisdiction there of. So if we were to some how able to put a wall exactly along the water line of the river then all someone has to do wait for the water level to change. In most border areas the actual line of ownership is extended to the middle of the river. A wall in the middle of the river will never stand and the cost would be a crazy amount of dollars just to try. Even if it was just put in the flood plain it would not last either and that would defeat the purpose of cutting off ones ability to step foot on usa soil.

The only way to make it work would be to give the river to mexico and make the wall the official line. That is not gonna happen either. So if we put up a continuous wall in every other area then it just funnels migrants to texas where they would just step foot on the soil and then they have to be dealt with according to our current laws.

It is not that i think someone is crazy for not knowing this fact but some among us seem to put forth facts in a manner that comes off as if they are in the know of everything. Likely it is the case that indeed they are aware of these facts but choose to keep driving a political narrative while ignoring the truth.

Here is the honest truth no one wants to talk about. We do have two valid options to deal with they border. One would be to amend our our laws so that it is illegal to cross the border anywhere and claim asylum. That would stop most and would allow for prosecution of offenders. The second and only real option is to deal with the national debt. It would be very hard to get everyone to understand how the national debt effects migration without coming off as a kook. If we balance the budget then people will not come here as much seeking asylum. The kicker is that we can not change our immigration laws because of the national debt. It has to do with the electric nature of our government.

I did notice that lately lindsey grahm actually raised the need to tie the national debt to immigration. Since you are now wondering what the heck the two have in common i will give a hint. Every person subject to the jurisdiction of the usa owes the usa more than 50,000$. You can fill in the blank.

Another clue to this fact can be found in recent comments from the caravan a month ago that finally turned around at the border after demanding that trump pay them 50,000$ each. Crazy enough in the budget that came out after the shut down was a few billion dollars in aid to the countries of origin of the migrants.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Iminent domain trumps those rules and regs under NAtional security.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am not sure about that at all.

I am very sure that it does not trump mother nature and no wall can stand in the middle of a river for hundreds of miles and at a cost of less than 10 billion and even if you all some how managed to put some wall in the river it would change the coarse of the river.

Wind,water and democrats degrade walls over time. That is a fact!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

only a moron walls the middle of a river. I dont think they are that stupid.

<< 1  2   >>

join