It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there may have been thousands more children torn from parents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Build the wall, build it 30 ft high then add another 10 feet plus electrification, and do it immediately.

As to the OP... *yawn* and?

Yeah, these kids wouldn't be here, taken away from their parents from laws in the books for a long time, if there was a wall there. To solve this problem we should just build the wall. Democrats fighting the wall are going to be causing a lot more people to be detained in this country over the coming years. They are causing this problem to continue. We have to send people back if they are not here legally, every single one that comes here illegally is a criminal because they are breaking our laws. If I go into Canada or Mexico or any other country, I give ID and fill out necessary paperwork. Immigrants coming here the right way are not illegal immigrants. In fact, they sign papers that they will not cause civil unrest, maybe we should be having all citizens sign papers like that now. Evidently they do not teach civility in school anymore.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: 3n19m470

Except it's the documented ones you snatched, but forget to document. Hence the Space Force manpower.

Well, they must've needed them to fight the space aliens. Sure, you feel as though you have the moral high ground, but you're not the one in the hot seat making those tough decisions...

They had to ask themselves... Where can we get a bunch of children Nobody cares about (except Trump and the conservstives who tried everything to discourage them from this dangerous criminal emdeavor, but the liberals just throw out the welcome mat time and time again without a 2nd thought to the consequences.) so we can train them in space like in Ender's Game?

The answer was obvious. The millions of hipanics dragging their children across the desert dont care about their children, and they would actually be able to die a hero instead of dying as some drug lord or politician or CEO's disposable one time use sex toy. And the living conditions, as harsh as they are in space, would be a vast improvement from their current squalor.

The decision was actually probably not that difficult.

So maybe they are being used for the Space Force. I rather like that idea... There is a certain romance to it.

Its like when a hamster dies and you tell the kid you took him to a nice big hamster farm and he is currently running through grassy fields, playing with other hamsters and hes as happy as can be!

Yeah... it just makes me feel better inside to just assume those children are living out the video game Doom or HALO... even though the truth is probably not so "neat" or awe inspiring...

But, yeah, for shiggles, why not? They got kidnapped for the Space Force. You got a problem with that? You got a problem with saving humanity?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We need to stop saying... "build the wall" What we need to say is the truth... "Add to the wall already built and pay for by the democrats". The deal is big chunks of the wall is in place, and this latest push is just to extend it by 250 miles.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So we have laws that state it is legal for people to set foot on usa soil anywhere and claim asylum. The idea seems to be to not deal with the law but to put a wall up in every border state to mexico but in texas it is impossible to put a wall up in the flood zone of the river. So that means much of the asylum seekers will head toward texas. That also means that any such wall could be and likely will be subject to removal during other election cycles. There is no protection for any wall. Also it has been shown that the majority of drugs come in through ports of entry and that many people cross into the usa by climbing and going under the current walls. It seems very naive to me to think that if we had a continuous wall that it would cut down in any meaningful way or for any meaningful amount of time. There is much wrong with tellin folks it is legal to come here and claim asylum even if they have to pass a wall to do so.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This practice was in place way before Trump took office. The numbers did increase because the government finally started to do what they were supposed to be doing all along. I feel that if there are illegals already living here and working a job and supporting their families, they should be able to apply for citizenship without having the costs forcing undue hardship on their families, the expensive lawyers and all the charges imposed for everything to get residency are way too high.

If these people are nothing but troublemakers, kick them out back to where they came from, even if they are Brits, Frogs, or Finns or any other countrymen.

WOAH WOAH WOAH just hold on a minute here...

You're saying kick out the troublemakers... EVEN IF THEY'RE WHITE?

Come on now, I am all for equality... But let's not get Too carried away. I mean, right??

(yeah, im joking, for those who need a disclaimer. And no, im not being sarcastic to be a dick toward Ricky either. Im JUST goofing around with this post. Nothing more nothing less.)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Torn from parents who thought it was acceptable to drag their child across an inhospitable desert with no resources. You know the kind of person who would use their child as a bargening chip or human shields.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: rickymouse
This practice was in place way before Trump took office. The numbers did increase because the government finally started to do what they were supposed to be doing all along. I feel that if there are illegals already living here and working a job and supporting their families, they should be able to apply for citizenship without having the costs forcing undue hardship on their families, the expensive lawyers and all the charges imposed for everything to get residency are way too high.

If these people are nothing but troublemakers, kick them out back to where they came from, even if they are Brits, Frogs, or Finns or any other countrymen.

WOAH WOAH WOAH just hold on a minute here...

You're saying kick out the troublemakers... EVEN IF THEY'RE WHITE?

Come on now, I am all for equality... But let's not get Too carried away. I mean, right??

(yeah, im joking, for those who need a disclaimer. And no, im not being sarcastic to be a dick toward Ricky either. Im JUST goofing around with this post. Nothing more nothing less.)

We can't discriminate, white or wealthy, the same rules apply. Why can a person with lots of money get into America and get residency much easier. To fix this, make it so poorer people who come here to work and become citizens don't have to give their first born child to become citizens.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That's cause the parents are all rapists and murderers right?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I've always been confused on the "ripping children from their parents" screaming from the left when they have no problem with abortion... which by definition is ripping a child from its parent.

Cognitive dissonance, I guess.

As to the topic, as another noted where is the IG report?

I too seem to remember that it was the previous administration...

Is this the same as screaming about Trump's children in cages and they proved it by showing pictures of kids Obama put in cages?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

The idea seems to be to not deal with the law but to put a wall up in every border state to mexico but in texas it is impossible to put a wall up in the flood zone of the river.

Link to this magical new fact please?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's silly. Wether you think abortion is wrong or not. It's not equated to a child who is already born. A child who has emotions and feelings.

What a stupid argument.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

That's silly. Wether you think abortion is wrong or not. It's not equated to a child who is already born. A child who has emotions and feelings.

What a stupid argument.

What is a stupid argument is saying that a fetus will never be a child.

I have 5 kids and have had two abortions.

What's your background so we can discuss it like two people who are knowledgeable about the matter?

You know, someone with some skin in the game...

edit on 3-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I don't need to have skin in the game to come to the conclusion that a fetus is not the same as a child who is already born and living.

There is a difference between abortion and separating a child from their parents. One is about a mindless unborn child. And the other is about a child with a mind that will suffer the consequences of being without a parent.

I'm glad you're so wrapped up in the left vs right paradigm to come up with any excuse necessary to defend trump. "Well, the liberals think...." . "Obama did _____".

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I don't need to have skin in the game to come to the conclusion that a fetus is not the same as a child who is already born and living.

There is a difference between abortion and separating a child from their parents. One is about a mindless unborn child. And the other is about a child with a mind that will suffer the consequences of being without a parent.

I'm glad you're so wrapped up in the left vs right paradigm to come up with any excuse necessary to defend trump. "Well, the liberals think...." . "Obama did _____".

So as a lefty and according to your ideology, you have no right to even talk about the decisions a woman makes with her body.

Sucks to be trapped like you are on the topic and have a nice night...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Except I'm not a lefty, hence why you're still trapped in that left vs right paradigm... Needing to put everybody in boxes to spout your talking points.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

So as a lefty and according to your ideology, you have no right to even talk about the decisions a woman makes with her body.

Kudos

I am a lefty in many respects. I get you completely, and agree. I wickedly got a vasectomy after fathering 2 children (youngest pushing 40) to take myself out of any possible choice making. But irony of ironies, no sex in last 21 years anyway.

On Topic: the IG report, in pdf, is here oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-BL-18-00511. I will quote enough to establish that it is about incidents in 2017 thru 2018, so as to establish that this is not Obama era as some have suggested.

Why OIG Did This Review.

In the spring of 2018, the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) implemented a “zero-tolerance policy” for certain immigration offenses. As a result, DHS separated large numbers of alien families, with adults being held in Federal detention while their children were transferred to the care of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On June 26, 2018, in a class action lawsuit, Ms. L v. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a Federal District Court ordered the Federal Government to identify and reunify separated families who met certain criteria.

Given the potential impact of these actions on vulnerable children and ORR operations, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducted this review to determine the number and status of separated children (i.e., children separated from their parent or legal guardian by DHS) who have entered ORR care, including but not limited to the subset of separated children covered by Ms. L v. ICE. In a separate review, OIG is examining challenges that ORR-funded facilities have faced in reunifying separated children. On the basis of those findings, OIG plans to recommend solutions to improve ORR program operations

Key Takeaway

The total number of children separated from a parent or guardian by immigration authorities is unknown. Pursuant to a June 2018 Federal District Court order, HHS has thus far identified 2,737 children in its care at that time who were separated from their parents. However, thousands of children may have been separated during an influx that began in 2017, before the accounting required by the Court, and HHS has faced challenges in identifying separated children.

edit on 4-2-2019 by pthena because: grammer

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm really getting tired of people making their problems my problem, when I have enough problems of my own. ARGHHH

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

as to establish that this is not Obama era as some have suggested.

They never own the campaign pledges Mr. Presents delivered. Never. Especially when it's a very bad policy, hence the deflection.

Although previous administrations also separated minors at the border in some instances — usually when they suspected the child was smuggled, or if the parent appeared unfit — the report said the practice appears far more common under Trump and began nearly a year before administration officials publicly acknowledged it.

wapo

#ZeroTolerance
edit on 4-2-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So a poster needs a link to tell them you can not build a fence in a flood plain. That pretty much sums up the real issue we are dealing with.

It does make me wonder what people imagine when thinking about a wall in texas. Perhaps a wall running down the middle of the river? Maybe a wall running down the banks of the river? It does not take much thought to see based on the current laws that a wall there will not work. I get the feeling that there are no links to fix the condition many find themselves in.
edit on 4-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I think it's a lot more than "thousands" of children who are torn from their parents.

www.google.com...

In order to be accurate you'd have to say "thousands of children who are torn from their ADULTS WHO CROSSED THE USA BORDER ILLEGALLY WITH THEM."

Many many times it's NOT their parents, or anyone they are related to, or possibly even know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join