It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there may have been thousands more children torn from parents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

NEW YORK — In court documents filed tonight, the Trump administration did not dispute a recent Office of Inspector General report that concluded there may have been thousands more children torn from parents under the administration’s family separation policy. The government also argued that it would take too long to figure out where those children currently are because it had no tracking system. The American Civil Liberties Union successfully sued the Trump administration to halt the policy and reunite the families.

Lee Gelernt, lead attorney in this lawsuit and deputy director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, had this reaction:

“The Trump administration’s response is a shocking concession that it can’t easily find thousands of children it ripped from parents, and doesn’t even think it’s worth the time to locate each of them. The administration also doesn’t dispute that separations are ongoing in significant numbers. We will be back in court on February 21.”

www.aclu.org...

Wait. What?

You would certainly try to track criminals and their victims if this was about illegal migrations, right? Is your gubmint abducting kids for the Space Force already or what the fck is this? Plausible deniability with no tracking system whatsoever...
Not bad, even old Stasi asshats could learn a thing or two from you guys with this new episode of "Childhood Lost", I'd reckon.

Have at it, mud-pit!

#MurikkkanAsshatsGoneAstray
edit on 3-2-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah I imagine its hard to track the avalanche of undocumented persons coming into America. Hundreds daily. The parents obviously dont care or they wouldn't involve their own children in their criminal endeavors. How are we supoosed to do a better job than the childs own parents?
edit on 2/3/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

Obviously there is not a group of thousands of protesters demanding their children back. Maybe this is part of a human trafficking operation. Its a lot more likely than your silly, nonsensical Space Force theory... Whatd you throw that out there hoping to distract people from the elite pedo rings? If kids are disappearing... Thats the first place I would look.

Its just sad that the Dems who care so much about children allowed this to happen. Not one person stepped up. Oh, now that its too late, there will be plenty of blame to go around. But what about before when everyone was kicking and screaming about the children? What happened? The next media event happened and everyone just... forgot about the children? The ones they cared about so much?

Or maybe its just impossible to keep track of all these people who don't belong here... we would have to literally tag them like animals since they have no ID in our system and you cannot trust them to give accurate info, they could tell you a different name and birthdate every time if they wanted.

But hey im sure it feels good to point that finger and confidently place blame on someone you already don't like.
edit on 2/3/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Except it's the documented ones you snatched, but forget to document. Hence the Space Force manpower.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This practice was in place way before Trump took office. The numbers did increase because the government finally started to do what they were supposed to be doing all along. I feel that if there are illegals already living here and working a job and supporting their families, they should be able to apply for citizenship without having the costs forcing undue hardship on their families, the expensive lawyers and all the charges imposed for everything to get residency are way too high.

If these people are nothing but troublemakers, kick them out back to where they came from, even if they are Brits, Frogs, or Finns or any other countrymen.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it's a lot more than "thousands" of children who are torn from their parents.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What if congress passed legislation to solve the problems? A novel idea right?

The immigration problems have been going on for decades. Administration, after administration has ignored, procrastinated, dealt in bad faith, and generally were content to continue the status quo.

Now that President Trump has pushed the issue, we see both sides clamoring for a compromise that they wouldn't support anyway.

I hope president Trump does declare a national emergency. I hope it goes to the supreme court.

At least then we all know what time it is.

This is a bigger argument than the polucy that separates children from those claiming to be parents.

This is an arguement about whether a president has the right, responsibility, and duty to secure our border. You know, the right of any recognized soverien nation?

edit on 232019 by Mach2 because: Relative comment

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If these people are nothing but troublemakers, kick them out back to where they came from, even if they are Brits, Frogs, or Finns or any other countrymen.

They can't do that if they have no idea where they have lost 'their' keys... err... kids. Get it?

I would like to borrow your response for an exhibition of Wishful Thinking, hope you're fine with that. Oh, the mysticism!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This subject always alerts my BS bell, leave a kid in a hot car for 20 minutes, no one questions the child being taken away, but treck your kid 2000 miles through a hot, deadly desert and you should be rewarded?

I wonder how many kids die along the way...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is nationalist-capitalism at its ugliest. We love corporations.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
It is nationalist-capitalism at its ugliest. We love corporations.

It's word salad at its finest.

You forgot imperialist, patriarchy, non-binary, heteronormative, oppression.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If these are really "children ripped from their parents" then why aren't these parents trying to reclaim them?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

And ruin a perfect Space Force career for their kids with doing so? That would be pretty unpatriotic, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

If these are really "children ripped from their parents" then why aren't these parents trying to reclaim them?

There's some really crazy immigration rules in effect. Real families and fake families who break US law by coming in illegally, are separated, then put back together, then released into America, pending a court appearance that 43% do not show up for.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Fake families?

You do realize that it is legal to cross the border with a child you are not related to? As long as there is no present danger they are supposed to be within the law. However the blonde woman does not really like the words in the constitution much.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Where is the IG report this suit refers to? Hmmmm? If its the IG report I read, it refers to actions taken during the Obama regime. Find it and lets discuss...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just heard a female border patrol was struck and killed last nite 250 miles from the border during a traffic stop.

More things that make me say wtf.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Maybe not a child you paid extra to one of these coyote people for.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Build the wall, build it 30 ft high then add another 10 feet plus electrification, and do it immediately.

As to the OP... *yawn* and?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

This subject always alerts my BS bell, leave a kid in a hot car for 20 minutes, no one questions the child being taken away, but treck your kid 2000 miles through a hot, deadly desert and you should be rewarded?

I wonder how many kids die along the way...
hmmm, interesting perspective.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

They can't do that if they have no idea where they have lost 'their' keys... err... kids. Get it?

I would like to borrow your response for an exhibition of Wishful Thinking, hope you're fine with that. Oh, the mysticism!

Their kids are pawns as the left has pushed the narrative of having a better chance of getting in with them. They also have no documents so who are parents, who are sex slaver traffickers, who are just using someone's else kids to get in...so on and so on..

The left are so stupid...they protest stopping illegal immigration and when the system is over whelmed by numbers of illegals they protest that... you can't have it both ways. BTW I would bet the time the kids get to a detention center it is the best life they have had in their whole crappy existence, not to mention having adults drag them for months with nothing...

Lastly, they play on our emotions on how we view kids, but back in that part of the world kids have a lot less value then what you might think as kids are more of a tool than anything else and if they feel they don't need them they just push them on the streets...check out the 2 million+ homeless kids in Brazil as example.

edit on 3-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join