It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC School Won't Play Sports Against Christian School Where Karen Pence Teaches

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly. This is nothing more than liberal Dem-wit administrators hating on Karen Pence because she is the wife of the Vice President of DONALD J. TRUMP!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: queenofswords

And Christians believe an invisible man in the sky will give you things of you ask in a specific way. And let's not forget one of the key diagnostic criteria for a mental illness is a threat to self or others. Last time I checked most violence in the world has been caused by religion.

So it's not discrimination. It's common sense. If I was a parent I wouldn't want my kids playing against the inmates at the local asylum.

OK , Fair Enough , What do You Personally Believe in IF Anything Mizz SJW ?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: Sookiechacha

You Do Not Need Jesus to Tell You Beastality is Immoral Now do you ? Pretty Self Evident to Me .

So are we now equating LGBT and bestiality?

So , Definitions are Subjective Now are they ? ...Hmm...

Do you want to try that again in a way that makes sense?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Actually, divorce is allowed in some circumstances -- sexual immorality being the one.

Sexual immorality being the ONLY reason. So, does the school check if a prospective employee has been divorced and on the reason for a divorce? Or, do they just assume every divorce is because of sexual immorality? I mean, they need to scrutinize these people to make sure that they're not committing adultery while working at their school. That would be a terrible example for the kids if the church and school just looked the other way while their teachers are committing adultery!

Tell me, where does the bible condemn lesbians?

edit on 3-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Exactly. This is nothing more than liberal Dem-wit administrators hating on Karen Pence because she is the wife of the Vice President of DONALD J. TRUMP!

Karen Pence is a public figure. She is the 2nd Lady of the United States, and she is promoting intolerance and discrimination.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject to me. Its not too long that I've been out of high school, but the high school I went to was one similar to the one Karen Pence attended. LGBT of any kind was 100% banned. It was in the contract, and they used it. My freshman year one kid in my class was expelled from the school because he had apparently told one of the girls he was gay. I watched the hurt and issues that a policy like that can cause someone. Interestingly the guy who was the most popular in school and the captain of the basketball team turned out to be gay. He held it in for years because of..basically everything we were taught there.

LGBT issues werent the biggest topic of discussion then, and I dont think the town was really aware of the schools policy then (or if they even still are). We did play the public school around here too in basketball, if their policies were brought to light I could see that being an issue of both sides not feeling totally safe around here either.

NOTE: Went through and checked their newest handbook. They've actually moved it very high up in the notebook, and repeated several times early that Homosexuality is an abomination and will not be tolerated. Displays of affection of any kind are also a level 1 violation.
edit on 3-2-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Karen Pence is a public figure. She is the 2nd Lady of the United States, and she is promoting intolerance and discrimination.

She is teaching at a place that practices her religion. Last I checked, the COTUS gives her the right to do so in Amendment 1.

Just because some people feel that religious beliefs are discriminatory does not mean they suddenly have the right to stop people from those practices.

I also missed the part where those same people who are all upset were prohibited from forming their own religious groups ... in fact, they have even gone so far as edit the Bible into a Queen James version to make themselves feel better about it all.

But getting back to the discussion at hand -

These two schools have a history of competing against one another and now this is suddenly an issue. That defies belief. Either it was always an issue or it's simply a convenient means of virtue signalling to show the world how awesomely anti-Trump/anti-Pence you are.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

She is teaching at a place that practices her religion.

Like I said, the last I checked, divorce and adultery are also sexual sins. The school looks the other way when it comes to that particular sexual sin though, making Karen Pence and her school hypocrites.

I would guess that they also don't check if their female employees have given themselves over to unnatural sexual practices like birth control?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You Do Not Need Jesus to Tell You Beastality is Immoral Now do you ? Pretty Self Evident to Me .

So are we now equating LGBT and bestiality?

So , Definitions are Subjective Now are they ? ...Hmm...

Do you want to try that again in a way that makes sense?

No , WAS I Posting to You Nosey Nelly ? ......Hmm.........

edit on 3-2-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Not to mention that whole free will thing. Course, that's a blade that will cut both ways, at times.

Still wonder what the kids think about all this...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No, they don't.

Pray they may, but most realize that sometimes the answer is no.

That's where faith comes in. I believe that at some point, I will understand why the answer was no.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Birth control--is this a Catholic school? Because I'm fairly sure the Catholic church is the only flavor of Christianity that bans birth control. And if it IS a Catholic church, perhaps any twice-married people received annulments in addition to civil divorces? In which case a second marriage would be perfectly acceptable.
edit on 3-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

You are really on point. I'm enjoying your participation in this thread...very eloquent and right thinking. Is your avatar a photo of you or is that stock?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This behavior from these progressives is indefensible.

And you know what? It gets SO tiring hearing people say "oh, but its both sides that are doing it" or that "both sides are just as bad".

And you know what? For a very long time, that HAS been a "trueism" of American Politics.

For SO long in fact... it seemed impossible to many of us that this timeless wisdom passed down the generations could ever fail.

The Left are producing insane newsworthy scenes at a rate well over 10x the right can manage...and thats with the Left controlling almost All the major media!

Imagine how it would look if reporting was fair and equal. They would need a 24 hour newstation just dedicated to reporting the "looney leftist" events as they continue to steadily happen, and they would barely have time to take a breath!

A channel that is just 24/7 of a news anchor reporting the latest insanity from the Left.

Its actually not That implausible! 🤔

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks! I'm generally a lurker, but this and a few other threads lately have prompted me to post. And no, that's just a cool photo I dug up somewhere. (I didn't think we were allowed to post actual photos of ourselves even if we wanted to?)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

Birth control--is this a Catholic school? Because I'm fairly sure the Catholic church is the only flavor of Christianity that bans birth control. And if it IS a Catholic church, perhaps any twice-married people received annulments in addition to civil divorces? In which case a second marriage would be perfectly acceptable.

The owner of Hobby Lobby isn't Catholic. Also, this administration has recently tried, although the courts blocked it, to allow any employer to deny their female employees access to birth control through their corporate insurance, based on their personally held beliefs.

A divided U.S. appeals court Thursday blocked rules by the Trump administration that allowed more employers to opt out of providing women with no-cost birth control.
The ruling, however, may be short lived because the administration has adopted new rules on contraceptive coverage that are set to take effect next month and will likely prompt renewed legal challenges.
www.denverpost.com...

We can thank Mike Pence and his band of merry evangelicals for this anti-birth control push, under the guise of religious freedom.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Do they or are you assuming they do because it makes you feel morally superior?

Again, we have already discussed that there are allowed circumstances for divorce, but there are none for homosexuality of any type (yes, that includes lesbianism which is homosexuality).

The general liberal argument for it is simply that it is sex which is all normal and natural and we see animals doing it which makes it normal and natural, and from there the leap is that it ergo must be moral. Of course, there are plenty of things in nature that the animals also do that we do not find to be so normal and natural like infanticide (oh ... well I guess we are pushing hard to find that normal and natural in New York and Virginia) and cannibalism (some now argue that can be allowed if the person being eaten was OK with it) and ... well, OK I guess for you leftists there is nothing beyond the bounds of morality anymore. Life's a jungle.

And this is why the day is coming when you will hunt us down and slaughter us wherever you can find us. We will be there reminding you that what you do isn't actually moral even if all the beasts of the field engage in it by our mere presence and the mere act of how we live our own lives. And it seems just that fact make the rest of you wild with hatred.

But again, tolerance is the issue, and as long you be you over there and I be me over here, why does it bother you so much so long as you have your space to act like the animals act and I don't try to stop you? In this case, no one at Immanual school is trying to stop anyone at this other school from being or doing anything other from being or doing who or what they are at a basketball game.

Criminy, it's like you all think gaydar does exist or something, and gay people walk around with giant flashing sign on their chests.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

IS she? Do you have any proof of this because looking at the school they are baptists. And baptists each church sets it's own rules. Some baptists believe that marriage is only a man and a woman while others feel that it applies to gays and lesbians as well. But if you were not attempting to attack religion you would know this.

It very concerning how many feel it's ok to attack religious beliefs. Religions are not required to accept all lifestyles. If I was Christian or Muslim you have certain standards you choose to live by. Right or wrong this is their choice to live their lives according to the principles they believe in.

You do now get to decide they are wrong. You dont even get the right to tell them they are wrong. Because you can't control what people believe.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Again, we have already discussed that there are allowed circumstances for divorce

But not for every divorce, or even most divorces, and never for adultery, which is what most divorced and remarried couples are doing, according to Jesus. But, you advocate for ignoring that sin and publicly condemning and shaming same sex.

And this is why the day is coming when you will hunt us down and slaughter us wherever you can find us.

Oh please! LOL You're such a drama queen wanna be martyr!

But again, tolerance is the issue, and as long you be you over there and I be me over here, why does it bother you so much so long as you have your space to act like the animals act and I don't try to stop you?

Continually comparing homosexuality and same sex marriage, which is now part of the law of the land, to bestiality is not displaying tolerance, from your "side". Constantly reinforcing sides, like Christian verses homosexuals drives hope of tolerance further away. There are in fact plenty of Christians that embrace and welcome homosexuals into their schools, churches and homes.

Criminy, it's like you all think gaydar does exist or something, and gay people walk around with giant flashing sign on their chests.

It's kinda hard to hide when a student has 2 moms or 2 dads. Unless, of course the second mom or dad is a "step parent" because divorce/adultery is A-Okay!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

But if you were not attempting to attack religion you would know this.

I'm attacking hypocrisy and those who use religion to alienate people by projecting shame and condemnation on them while wrapped in myopic piety.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join