It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC School Won't Play Sports Against Christian School Where Karen Pence Teaches

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
So all you folks who are cheering on the non-religious school refusing to play the parochial school, what you're really saying is "It's not ok to be Christian, and it's not ok to subscribe to Christian values."

NOTE: Nope, I'm not a fundamentalist rightwing Christian. It's just obvious to anyone with two eyes that are actually open that that's the new party line-- Christian = bad and freedom of religion is fine as long as you only hold to your values in private.

Woot, tolerance! /sarc

Accurate assessment.
It is an agenda.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: ketsuko
It's a difficult one. We all want to protect our kids.

From what? The Christian cooties they might get from boxing a Christian out during an attempt to rebound?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

I'm not a fan of either side.

They need to have a big gay church party, or something.

Quit warping the kids with this bs.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And Christians believe an invisible man in the sky will give you things of you ask in a specific way. And let's not forget one of the key diagnostic criteria for a mental illness is a threat to self or others. Last time I checked most violence in the world has been caused by religion.

So it's not discrimination. It's common sense. If I was a parent I wouldn't want my kids playing against the inmates at the local asylum.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver
So all you folks who are cheering on the non-religious school refusing to play the parochial school, what you're really saying is "It's not ok to be Christian, and it's not ok to subscribe to Christian values."

NOTE: Nope, I'm not a fundamentalist rightwing Christian. It's just obvious to anyone with two eyes that are actually open that that's the new party line-- Christian = bad and freedom of religion is fine as long as you only hold to your values in private.

Woot, tolerance! /sarc

Is that what people are really saying?

The Christian school is free to have its religious beliefs and think LGBT are 'sinners' and not want tohave anything to do with them.

The other School is free to think that organisations who discriminate against LGBT are intolerant bigots and not want to have anything to do with them.

No anti Christian sentiments required.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

I know, its crazy, but I guess that's why us non religious folks find it so hard to understand. It makes no sense, some book tells you to hate people, so you do.

The reason it makes no sense to you is because you don't believe in God and eternity.

To the religious, what happens here on earth in our life is simply mere seconds. It's a simple blink of an eye compared to what comes after we die. The soul is eternal; earthly life is ephemeral. What we do here, the choices we make, determine our eternity and what it will be.

So, yeah, it's much easier to give into popular desires of the people around us, but that's not what the Bible tells us to do, and ultimately it's what God wants that matters, not what Tom, Dick, or Harry thinks.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Some do, but I don't. Those Christians are wrong in that.

God is not your personal Pez dispenser. He does as He wills.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Actually it does since these two schools have a history of playing each other. The Christian school does not a have recent policy. They've always had the same policy, and this other school hasn't had any issue with it before.

It's only suddenly that this has become something they absolutely cannot abide at a basketball game of all things.

So tell me, do children catch Christian cooties from boxing out for a rebound?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So , Sports Pusysing Is the New Rage among the Girly Mon Snowflakes Nowadays ? Check ...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Homosexuality is listed as a sin

So is divorce and adultery, which Jesus specifically addressed, while he was silent on homosexuality. But the school doesn't discriminate against teachers that have been divorced and remarried, right? So, they're hypocrites who pick and choose which sins they're going to publicly condemn.

edit on 3-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You Do Not Need Jesus to Tell You Beastality is Immoral Now do you ? Pretty Self Evident to Me .

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually it does since these two schools have a history of playing each other. The Christian school does not a have recent policy. They've always had the same policy, and this other school hasn't had any issue with it before.

It's only suddenly that this has become something they absolutely cannot abide at a basketball game of all things.

So tell me, do children catch Christian cooties from boxing out for a rebound?

As already posted

1' according to the link in the OP the school was not aware of the discriminatory practises until the recent publicity.

2' even.If they were ( and we have no reason belief they were) that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to change their minds or review previous decisions.

And no, I don't think they are going to catch something you made up.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You Do Not Need Jesus to Tell You Beastality is Immoral Now do you ? Pretty Self Evident to Me .

So are we now equating LGBT and bestiality?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The school is probably going to let Mrs. Pence go because her presence as a traditional Christian got the other school's panties all in a wad and now they won't play. Wa-a-aa-a-aa.

If that happens, Ms. Pence should file a lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Homosexuality is listed as a sin

So is divorce and adultery, which Jesus specifically addressed, while he was silent on homosexuality. But the school doesn't discriminate against teachers that have been divorced and remarried, right? So, they're hypocrites who pick and choose which sins they're going to publicly condemn.

Actually, divorce is allowed in some circumstances -- sexual immorality being the one. Jesus taught this in the same part where he defined that marriage as being between man and woman reiterating what God laid down, and this is why orthodox Christian teaching is so hateful for gays to hear -- they cannot marry in Christian orthodoxy because they are not man and woman, so they live forever in sexual immorality.

That is the whole crux of the issue from Matthew 19.

As far as tolerance for this ... well, in order to be a Christian, you are supposed to be repentant of your sins. In order to live an openly gay lifestyle, you are, by definition, living in sin with no intention of walking away from it. This is very difficult for orthodox Christians to reconcile.

Understand, this is not a question who can and cannot love. There are various different forms of love, and often I see carnal love conflated with agape or the deeper love we talk about that can cross over from the love soulmates share to the love between brothers and sisters and parents for their children and the very best and truest of friends. Actual love, as opposed to carnal love or lust, is never ever wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The school is probably going to let Mrs. Pence go because her presence as a traditional Christian got the other school's panties all in a wad and now they won't play. Wa-a-aa-a-aa.

If that happens, Ms. Pence should file a lawsuit.

Since the issue is with the schools policy not Pence why would that happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh please! I have a very hard time believing they knew nothing at all about the policies of the other schools they play against.

If they really didn't, then as a parent, I'd have to wonder why, and I'd be thinking twice about re-enrolling my kid there. What else don't they pay attention to when they make arrangements for the chilluns?

What on earth would you expect a private religious school to have as its policies?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So are we now equating LGBT and bestiality?

So , Definitions are Subjective Now are they ? ...Hmm...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And Christians believe an invisible man in the sky will give you things of you ask in a specific way.

Nope.

You are narrow-minded and don't understand the full spectrum of what being a Christian actually means beyond the sky-daddy concept.

You've been duped and mislead.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh please! I have a very hard time believing they knew nothing at all about the policies of the other schools they play against.

If they really didn't, then as a parent, I'd have to wonder why, and I'd be thinking twice about re-enrolling my kid there. What else don't they pay attention to when they make arrangements for the chilluns?

What on earth would you expect a private religious school to have as its policies?

Why would they,? I tend born to assume people or organisations are anti LGBT until shown they are.

Besides which see point 2'

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join