It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC School Won't Play Sports Against Christian School Where Karen Pence Teaches

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: ScepticScot
So school bring intolerant of LGBT is ok because 'christian values', but school bring intolerant of that intolerance is bad?

Lets just say it is a changed, because used to a religion had their believe and were respected even if everyone did not feel the same.
Someone else has their believe fine believe what you want but don't show disrespect. Did they say gays come forward because our team won't play against you?

They don't accept LGBT into their school. As a religious organisation they can do that.

Equally other organisations can think that is stupid, backwards intolerance and choose not to have anything to with them.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'd say the kids who just want to play sports are being forced to accept the opinions of some religious bigots who don't like Christianity. I'd say it's perfectly fine for the head of a school program to disgaree with a Relgion, but when they start forcing their bigotry on others, especially kids, then there's a problem.

You can say that but as usual you would be wrong.

One school is choosing not to play against another because of its policy on LGBT.

Nothing to do with anti religious bigotry.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its obviously the dems playing the 3rd Reichs game.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'd say the kids who just want to play sports are being forced to accept the opinions of some religious bigots who don't like Christianity. I'd say it's perfectly fine for the head of a school program to disgaree with a Relgion, but when they start forcing their bigotry on others, especially kids, then there's a problem.

I like your use of the phrase 'religious bigotry'. I have never heard that used before. I jumped over and looked up the definition of bigotry (one of those words I know very well but wanted to see it defined). It says:

"Intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself"

That's kind of fascinating to me because intolerance is exactly what is being accused by those who are practicing intolerance, hence the term religious bigots is very apropos, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Remember when certain stores refused to make certain items because of their Religious Beliefs...

sounds like straight Nazis to me

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Lets see if I can sum up my problem with this approach.
1: People have issues with the churches stance on lbgt.

2: people have issues with the parents that are "indoctrinating" the christian kids into their "cult".

3: people have issues with the adults running the schools pushing an "anti" lgbt stance.

4: So people want to punish the 1 group in this drama that has the least amount of power but the largest capacity to enact change... the kids.

By not playing them you teach the kids at the "progressive" school that the private school kids are to be feared, avoided, or excluded, then on the flip side you remove a chance for the private school kids a chance to learn about different areas and see things from a new perspective.

Dont know about yall but I am still friends with some people I played against in High school, after a good hard fought game we talked which gave us the chance to learn about an area we didnt see every day.

Its a shame that we went from marches to integrate different groups of people, to the "progressives" wanting to segregate people because they think different.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

you act like the... non-progressive rightists don't do the same thing you are accusing of

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
These liberals have been shooting themselves in the foot lately.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Pretty much. I wonder what the kids actually think about this?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Exactly. Those on the Right are up in arms because a single school refuses to play against another school with anti-LGBT views. Meanwhile they cheer when the US government bans transgenders from serving in the military.

I guess "discrimination" is only good when it's institutionalized.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One school sounds extremely xenophobic and bigoted.

And it's not the school that Karen Pence is teaching at.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let me be Blunt and Direct.

Transgenders should not be serving in the military. They have a dysphoric condition. And, if they are in the process of transitioning, they have to take all kinds of hormones and probably psych medications.

It's not discrimination. It is common sense. Any potential recruit that may have to be sidelined for treatment of a condition will probably not be accepted into the military such as Type I diabetics, much less a transgender person.

edit on 3-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Regardless, being gay will never be the "normal" procedure for continued life, regardless of feelings.
Population control maybe.
So, what's left to benefit from the relationship?
-Pleasure, friendship etc...cool beans

Both sides need to shut up, or be beat up.

Sorry, but this is the ass end of the anti-bullying campaign chaos program.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
6 pages of bulls# and no one brings up the obvious:

They don't want to play these schools because they'll f# lose.

Losing is what happens when your left tackle goes by "Roxanne".

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RazorV66

As opposed to the fantasy that is a belief in a god that looks over those who fawn over him?

Denying reality is nothing less than an invisible prison for your mind.

The sheer irony of this is that the prison door is actually unlocked...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's probably not appropriate to ask "what would Jesus do" in this situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Haha....yeah the private schools were always beasts wrestling.

I wrestled at both private and public.

At private, they would jack up the heaters to 85-90 degrees to train, it was brutal.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Fix spelling(more public thn private obviously)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: pavil

this site gets better by the day.....

I don't believe you.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's called a forfeit.

Give them points and move onto someone who can compete.

End of drama.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So all you folks who are cheering on the non-religious school refusing to play the parochial school, what you're really saying is "It's not ok to be Christian, and it's not ok to subscribe to Christian values."

NOTE: Nope, I'm not a fundamentalist rightwing Christian. It's just obvious to anyone with two eyes that are actually open that that's the new party line-- Christian = bad and freedom of religion is fine as long as you only hold to your values in private.

Woot, tolerance! /sarc

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join