It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC School Won't Play Sports Against Christian School Where Karen Pence Teaches

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

this site gets better by the day.....

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: pavil

this site gets better by the day.....

Yes it does, take yesterday for example, I read from you that you voted for a racist.

🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality as far as we know.

As far as we know, Jesus never wrote anything down. He is quoted by others, and one of those "others" told us that Jesus said to "beware of the scribes and pharisees" (writers and lawyers). So, I have always proceeded with caution with Paul's "writings". He is the one that brought the issue up.

edit on 3-2-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

I know, its crazy, but I guess that's why us non religious folks find it so hard to understand. It makes no sense, some book tells you to hate people, so you do.

It should not be hard to understand at all.

Are there things you find morally wrong? How about this, I will give you a radical example... do you think Pedophilia is wrong?

How would you like it if suddenly Pedophilia is the "law of the land" and the Pedo Lobby was in schools promoting this style of "love" to your elementary school children as normal and acceptable. Even worse, if you say it is wrong and you want no part of it for yourself and family you are now a "hater".

Is this sinking in yet?

And now you equate being gay with paedophilia. Classy.

See if you can work out the difference between being LGBT and being a paedophile.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: ScepticScot

Did Jesse Owens condone Nazis by participating in the Olympics or was it instead a protest showing his superiority?

Also how are you teaching kids to be better than those they disagree with if your only action is to avoid the "bad people"
, where would that approach have gotten people during the civil rights movement, or the integration of schools.

The US. and other countries shouldn't have participated in the Berlin Olympics. Despite success of Owen it was still a massive & successful PR event for the Nazi party.

Its not about ' avoiding the bad people'. Its about choosing not to participate with an organisation that practises outright discrimination.

The civil rights movement was very much about challenging and refusing to accept discriminatory practises. Continuing to participate in organised events against a discriminatory body would be the antithesis of that.

That is a poor excuse. Back then there where empires and so called League of Nations. Not like today with UN and freedom of speech and freedom of thought. Every country thought they wouldn't need to mess with each other until the Nazi went on a genocide. Read Anti-comintern pact. It is the who reason why Nazi's were seen as allies against the Soviet. Plus communication during that time was rather poor until Military started building radio's. So no one knows what is going to happen.

Japan has Imperialism. China was still in civil war with different leaders. British still had an Empire. French still had Colonies. USA was staying Neutral and had colonies to Phillipines. Spain was changing. No one thought Germany would be able to build massive army due to treaty. Not like anyone can spy on Germany that time because airplanes aren't that high tech.
edit on 3-2-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I know, its crazy, but I guess that's why us non religious folks find it so hard to understand. It makes no sense, some book tells you to hate people, so you do.

Are there things you find morally wrong? How about this, I will give you a radical example... do you think Pedophilia is wrong?

How would you like it if suddenly Pedophilia is the "law of the land" and the Pedo Lobby was in schools promoting this style of "love" to your elementary school children as normal and acceptable. Even worse, if you say it is wrong and you want no part of it for yourself and family you are now a "hater".

Is this sinking in yet?

See if you can work out the difference between being LGBT and being a paedophile.

Insert anything you find morally wrong there but as you can see, you got nothing because you know it is true. You would not be happy if you and your family were forced into something you find morally wrong.
edit on 3-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No he didn't. He was explaining the concept of forcibly making a person accept something/anything that goes against his moral convictions.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hmm...and which religious book is this that you're referring to, because it's certainly not The Bible. Jesus said to love your enemies, because if you love only those who love you, what more do you do than the wicked, for even the wicked love one another. This has nothing to do with hate. I'm certain that the staff at that school do not hate homosexuals, they simply ascribe to their religious beliefs that it's a sinful lifestyle. I can understand that that makes no sense to you, but do you understand that it does make sense to them?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

these are the kind of statements someone makes ignorant about Nazis

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

No he didn't. He was explaining the concept of forcibly making a person accept something/anything that goes against his moral convictions.

Yes the number of times paedophilia gets used as an example in discussions about LGBT is just coincidence...

Besides which he is equating the moral judgement when there is no comparison.

If someone's moral judgement is that being gay and paedophilia are on the same level in anyway shape or form then I have no problem being intolerant of their views.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Is this sinking in yet?

Insert anything you find morally wrong there but as you can see, you got nothing because you know it is true. You would not be happy if you and your family were forced into something you find morally wrong.

Who is being forced into anything in this scenario?

I haven't seen anything about making homosexuality compulsory?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Leftist religious bigots. I guess they are not stopping with rampant anti-Semitism, they are going after all of Chritianity.
The Nazi left is really on the march.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes the number of times paedophilia gets used as an example in discussions about LGBT is just coincidence...

If someone's moral judgement is that being gay and paedophilia are on the same level in anyway shape or form then I have no problem being intolerant of their views.

I am so often amazed at people's stupidity. Firstly, he said he was purposefully using an extreme example. Then, when you took such exception to the pedophilia example he said to simply insert anything that you find morally wrong in as an example, the point being that whether you agree with the example being morally repugnant or not, you would not want someone forcing their morals onto you when you are opposed to those morals.

You're being myopic and not addressing his point...I see people do this all the time. They latch onto one thing and just hang on with their dog teeth. Address the point or move on!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The nazi's persecuted Jews and homosexuals more in common with Christianity, than liberals.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The nazi's persecuted Jews and homosexuals more in common with Christianity, than liberals.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Is this sinking in yet?

Nope, you don't get out of it that easy. Of course there in no issue of homosexuality being made compulsory, that is a perfectly stupid comment. What is being done, however, is that the school is being saddled with the label of "intolerance" simply for affirming their religious beliefs. God forbid, someone should ascribe to a religion and actually believe and practice the teaching of that religion. Following the teachings of your religion is not intolerance, it's faith.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

I am so often amazed at people's stupidity. Firstly, he said he was purposefully using an extreme example. Then, when you took such exception to the pedophilia example he said to simply insert anything that you find morally wrong in as an example, the point being that whether you agree with the example being morally repugnant or not, you would not want someone forcing their morals onto you when you are opposed to those morals.

You're being myopic and not addressing his point...I see people do this all the time. They latch onto one thing and just hang on with their dog teeth. Address the point or move on!

Already answered in the text you quote.

And as already asked who in.this scenario is being forced to accept anything?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

Is this sinking in yet?

Nope, you don't get out of it that easy. Of course there in no issue of homosexuality being made compulsory, that is a perfectly stupid comment. What is being done, however, is that the school is being saddled with the label of "intolerance" simply for affirming their religious beliefs. God forbid, someone should ascribe to a religion and actually believe and practice the teaching of that religion. Following the teachings of your religion is not intolerance, it's faith.

They are being labelled as being intolerant for being intolerant. Religion isn't a a get out if free jail card that other people have to accept your beliefs as being ok.

What is stupid is believing that a school can have any discriminatory policy it wants under the guise of religion and that everyone has to accept that without protest.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So school bring intolerant of LGBT is ok because 'christian values', but school bring intolerant of that intolerance is bad?

Lets just say it is a changed, because used to a religion had their believe and were respected even if everyone did not feel the same.
Someone else has their believe fine believe what you want but don't show disrespect. Did they say gays come forward because our team won't play against you?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'd say the kids who just want to play sports are being forced to accept the opinions of some religious bigots who don't like Christianity. I'd say it's perfectly fine for the head of a school program to disgaree with a Relgion, but when they start forcing their bigotry on others, especially kids, then there's a problem.

edit on 3/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join