It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC School Won't Play Sports Against Christian School Where Karen Pence Teaches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: infolurker

Not discriminating against people who love differently than you do isn’t some progressive left wing idea.

It should be basic human decency. And I really have to question the godliness of any belief system that says otherwise.

Look, if society suddenly decides that eating boogers is the new progressive populist wave and people like me thinks that s#it is wrong and refuse to do it ourselves and refuse to let you promote that s#it to our kids we now must be destroyed?

You can do what you want and eat boogers till the cows come home but first you make us "tolerate" people eating boogers, then you try and make us say it is OK to eat boogers, then you try to force society to promote booger eating to our kids and not speak negative about it or else you will punish us.

Can't wait until you use that same line when they push pedo's and that will be coming soon enough.
edit on 3-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Not discriminating against people who love differently than you do isn’t some progressive left wing idea.

It should be basic human decency. And I really have to question the godliness of any belief system that says otherwise.

Yes, and there are a lot of people who question the merits of Christianity, and they're called other things, like Jews or Muslims or Buddhists or atheists. Christianity, however, uses a textbook called The Bible, and in this textbook there are discussions about something called 'sin'. A lot of the discussion of this sin is about sexual behavior. The Bible (the Christians textbook) says that homosexual behavior is one of these pesky sins. Christians view this book as a guide to human life and behavior, and part of that belief is strict adherence to those things laid out in said book. This is true of the Torah for Jews, the Koran for Muslims and so on.

Now then, you're blaming Christians for being Christian. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you're not a Christian, of course you can choose to believe that The Bible is mistaken in this instruction, you certainly wouldn't be alone. If, however, you affirm Christianity in your life and school choices, it would make sense that those things listed in The Bible would also then be part of your belief system and practices. I'm so tired of people wanting to blame people for simply living by the principles of their faith...and only Christians. No one even seems to mention the Muslim viewpoints on these same issues. Why? Because that's not PC, that's why...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Look, if society suddenly decides that eating boogers is the new progressive populist wave and people like me thinks that s#it is wrong and refuse to do it ourselves and refuse to let you promote that s#it to our kids we now must be destroyed?

That you use eating boogers as an example of why you don’t want to tolerate gay people pretty much says it all.

How delicate do you have to be to think that the majority of society realizing that gay people are humans that should be treated decently is somehow an attack on you?

No one is trying to “destroy” you for not accepting those who are different from you. Good lord. You’re free to be as bigoted as you want. Just don’t get angry when people see it for exactly what it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Christianity, however, uses a textbook called The Bible, and in this textbook there are discussions about something called 'sin'. A lot of the discussion of this sin is about sexual behavior. The Bible (the Christians textbook) says that homosexual behavior is one of these pesky sins.

So is hypocrisy and judging your brother or sister, and so is calling someone a "fool". So is adultery and divorce. If I remember correctly, Jesus said something about specks and logs in people's eyes...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Is that what that Supreme Court ruling was?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm so tired of people wanting to blame people for simply living by the principles of their faith...and only Christians.

If you all actually lived by the principals of your faith you wouldn’t discriminate against gay people. You’d welcome immigrants in with open arms. You’d put the well being of your fellow man no matter who they are or where they’re from first and foremost.

Why is it that people like you only bring up the idea of living by your faith when it’s used to exclude others?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well those who have moved on to a more modern inclusive morality, have to decide how much they subject their kids to these more outdated views. Yes kids need to learn about others views and the books they base them on, but as a parent your job is to protect your kids, and when it comes to a sports game, is that really a good enough reason to subject them to bigotry?

link   
a reply to: neversleep

The only reason the Nazis allowed Owens was partially because Hitler was certain his athletes of the so-called master race would triumph. It never occurred to him that they would lose like they did to Owens.

And you are falling to decades old Nazi propaganda in your take on things with that picture.

The Nazis did not allow their own German Jewish athletes to compete in those games. They even passed over a serious medal contender in women's high jump -- Gretel Bergmann -- because she was Jewish. In fact, the US seriously talked about boycotting those games because of the Nazi stance against allowing Jewish athletes to compete.

But the counter argument that the games are for the athletes, not politics, and Owens himself was one voice that stood up to be counted in favor of competition over boycott. And the NAACP among other African-American groups condemned Owens for his desire to compete and stance in favor of the US competing. See, Owens' take was that the idea of boycotting the games for moral reasons would be hypocritical in the face of past US injustices against African-American athletes. Why get outraged over Hitler's stance against Jews when you so recently wouldn't allow some of your own best to compete?

People say that Hitler snubbed Owens over his wins, but what Hitler really did was snub all winners in order to treat them all "equally" which is how far around the bend he was.

Hitler didn't totally lose his grand stage opportunity. Just like the best of the American press today, even though his supermen failed to showcase themselves quite like Owens did, Germany still managed to save some face by winning the medal count.

And, of course, the decades old propaganda that you spewed:

More crucially, the Games succeeded as a form of propaganda, spotlighting the Nazi Party as welcoming and orderly even as it was on the precipice of launching another war and exterminating millions of Jews.

Good for you for playing the Third Reich's game all these long years later.

link   

That you use eating boogers as an example of why you don’t want to tolerate gay people pretty much says it all.

How delicate do you have to be to think that the majority of society realizing that gay people are humans that should be treated decently is somehow an attack on you?

No one is trying to “destroy” you for not accepting those who are different from you. Good lord. You’re free to be as bigoted as you want. Just don’t get angry when people see it for exactly what it is.

If their goal is truly to have them think that LGBT+ are humans, and real people, shunning them and protesting will not accomplish that at all. It will only widen the divide. You need to EMBRACE them, get close to them, and show them by your actions you are worthy of their view of human and seen as real people.

Depriving children of that opportunity to see, at an early age, these are not people to fear or shun, it an opportunity for the so-called "progressives" here. But, instead, they squander that opportunity by acting like frightened children themselves.

In this specific case, was there a prior history of violence toward the LGBT+ students from that school at sporting events? If not, then why is it different now? Ask yourself, honestly, why? Are they protesting the school or the political affiliation of an art teacher? Cutting off your nose because there is a wart on it is just plain idiocy.....and EXACTLY what TPTB want...dissension.

Don't fall for that, don't be their pawns.

Put the rhetoric aside, let the kids play. If there are any violent actions on the field, then deal with it there, but don't teach the kids that the way to stand up for your beliefs is to turn your back and put your fingers in your ears. That never makes the situation better, TPTB know that...why don't you?

BE A PROGRESSIVE.....not a follower.....sheesh.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm so tired of people wanting to blame people for simply living by the principles of their faith...and only Christians.

If you all actually lived by the principals of your faith you wouldn’t discriminate against gay people. You’d welcome immigrants in with open arms. You’d put the well being of your fellow man no matter who they are or where they’re from first and foremost.

Why is it that people like you only bring up the idea of living by your faith when it’s used to exclude others?

I love how the progressives in this story only "progressed" in their outrage over this when Karen Pence became a part-time teacher at this school

I wonder how many years these two schools have competed against one another despite each having the exact same moral stances on this issue?

Methinks the little proggies doth protest too much.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Just because they put up with intolerance in the past doesn't mean you have to forever, I get people thinking that kids will build a bridge, but its s lot to put on young vulnerable people.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

First of all, I never said that I was a Christian. My comments weren't about me at all, so I don't know who you're talking to. I'm talking about Christians living by the affirmation of their faith. What is wrong with that. Homosexuality is clearly condemned in The Bible...without equivocation. The Bible is also very clear that the Christian should not keep fellowship with such sinners, what company has light with darkness. My point is that people have the right to believe in their religious and spiritual beliefs and live by those same beliefs.

By the way, how did immigrants get into your response. This has nothing to do with immigrants. And yes, the true Christian does put the well-being of its fellow humans first and foremost, but that is not the same thing as condoning it! Why do you think Christians are out there spreading the word, because they believe with all their hearts that they are saving a person's eternal soul...what is more noble than that. You've a lot of hate in you...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh come off it.

How about eating meat then?

Vegans are trying that one. Just pick a frickin' behavior and insert it. Oh wait, that is what we're talking about isn't it? Picking a behavior where you insert something.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: ketsuko

Just because they put up with intolerance in the past doesn't mean you have to forever, I get people thinking that kids will build a bridge, but its s lot to put on young vulnerable people.

Oh, here we have a bubble wrap parent....the kids would be just fine if the "adults" got out of the way and let them play with each other.

Sheesh....so simple, yet adults who think they know better makes things worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There is nothing noble about intolerance. Or preaching that normal people are evil, sinners because they love someone Christian don't agree with. It's wrong, and you shouldn't think that is noble.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm not a bubble wrap parent, but would I put my kids in danger to promote a cause? No.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Did Jesse Owens condone Nazis by participating in the Olympics or was it instead a protest showing his superiority?

Also how are you teaching kids to be better than those they disagree with if your only action is to avoid the "bad people"
, where would that approach have gotten people during the civil rights movement, or the integration of schools.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Christianity, however, uses a textbook called The Bible, and in this textbook there are discussions about something called 'sin'. A lot of the discussion of this sin is about sexual behavior. The Bible (the Christians textbook) says that homosexual behavior is one of these pesky sins.

So is hypocrisy and judging your brother or sister, and so is calling someone a "fool". So is adultery and divorce. If I remember correctly, Jesus said something about specks and logs in people's eyes...

Yep, all those are also listed as sins and are to be avoided. And your point is...? Also, dealing with your own sin before dealing with anothers (the speck and log parable) is not the same as condoning sin. Homosexuality is listed as a sin, it's a Christian school!!! Of course they're going to condemn it as sinful behavior, just as they would any of those other sins you listed above. If a teacher wanted to be hired there but was an open and vocal heterosexual swinger, married but openly adulterous, they would not hire him or her, because their values are not consistent with the stated religious beliefs of the school.

You don't have a problem with the school or it's policies, your problem is with Christ. You don't like what He says and instructs...you're just wrapping it in another argument.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
But I am a parent in the UK, we don't tend to have the rabid, Christian types you do.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

There is nothing noble about intolerance. Or preaching that normal people are evil, sinners because they love someone Christian don't agree with. It's wrong, and you shouldn't think that is noble.

Just as those Christians think the LGBT+ lifestyle is wrong.

So, who is "right"?

That depends upon your own beliefs doesn't it? That is why I abhor religion. It's purpose is to introduce a wall by claiming righteousness over others. Others that now need to be "saved" from themselves. And here we have a supposed progressive school administration doing that EXACT SAME THING with their recent actions of protest.

I say, TEACH, don't judge.

Let the kids play, and get to know each other. Show them their differences are not worth fighting over, but something to tolerate and be inclusive. Isn't that what the progressives are supposed to be advocating?

edit on 2/3/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join