It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Joe Rogan sell out in Jack Dorsey interview?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Just listened to joe to about 20 min of damage control with Brian Redban.

It’s about 70% believeable .

I saw it and will be posting a video on it later.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

But I think this could be a watershed moment for alt media personalities, and what happens when they get too big. At this point, Rogan is more main stream than alt media, and perhaps this means he cant be edgy any more, and has to play nice wth the other big players in the main stream.

Bruh, Joe ain't alt media. Joe is a company man and he's been that way for years. Years.

Nothing to get excited even warrant a video. It's Joe Rogan. Look at his other podcasts, he shills for whoever is on...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So on Joes apology about the dorsey interview.

I thought there was some good and bad in this.

I just did a video because I dont have time right now and there is a lot to say.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I stopped watching Joe Rogan a long time ago. He acts like a hardball on topics but when he finally gets someone like Dorsey he does nothing but lob softballs at them. Waste of time, in my opinion.

ETA: Sorry, my above statement isn't totally true. I do watch JRE Clips when he has Eddie on. I love how exasperated Rogan gets when Eddie goes full flat earth. I get some good chuckles then.
edit on 2/4/2019 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
SO Joe Rogan had Twitter ceo Jack Dorsey on his show.

For those of you that dont know, Joe rogan is a sort of alt media pioneer, whose podcast was seen as one of the first major alternatives to the msm.

Instead of short sound bytes, Rogans show offers long form interviews that can go on for hours. His guest range from political people on the left and right, mma fighters and other athletes, scientists of all fields, media people, and comedians.

Rogan was seen as edgy and above all seems to stick up for the concept of free speech and dialogue.

And so he would have controversial guests on his show, like Milo, his friend Alex Jones, Lance Armstrong, Mel Gibson, etc. Allow them to get their side of the story out when embroiled in controversy, when other outlets wouldnt.

So to many fans of Rogan, having teh Twitter ceo, who is seen as the antithesis of this mentalty in how they sleectovely deplatform people, seemed like a great chance to finally have someone ask Dorsey some real questions.

And..... we got this.

Rogan basically soft balling the entire interview. He ask almost no difficult questions, and when he does, he allows Dorsey to immediately ignore them, and even seems to help dorsey do this is some instances.

Its hard to point to an exact 1 minute clip or something, because its more of the tone of the whole interview.

But for an example, start around the 20 minute mark. Dorsey is talking about Twitters terms of service, and how doxxing and threats arent allowed.

Rogan finally asks a tough question; How about blue check mark people like Kathy Griffin were allowed to call for the doxxing of the Covington kids.

Dorsey immediately side steps the questions, saying they are looking in the future for how to deal with situations, blah blah blah.

Rogan could have said "But wait, you have banned people, even my friends, for far less than this. And you just got done saying that stopping threats and doxxing needs to be the most important thing. SO why have you allowed actual celebrities with power and influence to do just that to children?"

But he didnt. Instead he says something like Yeah you banned the original account that pushed the indian drummer video. Almost like Joe wanted to just say he asked the question and then act like Dorsey did something good to help him ignore the question.

The whole interview is like this.

Needless to say, Rogans supporters are pretty upset about this.

To many of them, this is seen as Rogan, one of the biggest voices for free speech and alt media, selling out to the main stream and censorship.

As of the time of writing this, the video of this interview on youtube has only 5.4 thousand up votes, and 35 thousand down votes.

And the comment sections is near 100% of people callling out rogan, any saying he is a sell out and they are unsubscribing.

In addition, there is now the added controversy of accusations of comments in the video that were critical of rogan being deleted.

So public figures Sargon of Akkad and Marc Dice had the top comments on the video. Neither were vulgar and both questioned dorsey more than Rogan.

Yet these comments seemed to vanish after thousands of people upvoted them. Many people think this is Rogans team actively trying to bury criticism, though others feel it could be youtubes algorithm doing it; I have no idea.

But the anger at Rogan, not from people who barely know him, but from his mist ardent supporters, is overwhelming.

There are other issues, such as Dorsey apparently being on the board of one of Rogans shows sponsors, Rogan selling out his friends like Alex Jones and Owen Benjamin, why may have rogan done this etc, which i cover here in my video.

SO why is thiss important.

Well to many people its not, and they think I am a meathead for doing a video or thread on it. And they may be right.

But I think this could be a watershed moment for alt media personalities, and what happens when they get too big. At this point, Rogan is more main stream than alt media, and perhaps this means he cant be edgy any more, and has to play nice wth the other big players in the main stream.

And thats frightening, because as I often say, the establishment, particularly on the left controls almost all of our cultural institutions of power.

Academia, the msm, the entertainment industry, the social media and tech companies, etc. The only place where voices not in this camp, both on the left and right can have space are through independent people like Rogan, Dore, Rubin, etc.

If they inevitably can be co opted as well, where does that elave alt voices?

Or maybe I am l thinking too much?

either way, an interesting story to me.

So did Rogan sell out?

I am leaning that way, but regardless, this interview was a really bad look for him.

If you're a fan of Joe, which I consider myself to be, having watched countless of his podcasts, you should have realized the one thing that makes Joe, well... Joe. He doesn't fight with his guests, he asks questions that let even people he actually opposes expose themselves, while seeming like the chill dude that he is, and that it's a low pressure stress free weed smoking good time.

There is literally nothing different about this interview than many of his other ones, except with people he knows really well, who respect him back. He'll ask Alex hard questions, because he knows what Jones reaction will be because they are personal friends.

Joe doesn't live in a world where anybody can "get it" he just never has. He didn't sell out, these types of interviews do still expose hypocrisy, but in a low key environment.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Man, I don't get upset over people typing words on the internet. If you can honestly say that you've never watched a Rogan podcast and said to yourself, "Man wouldn't I love to be him...." I don't know what to tell ya. I've seen numerous shows that I would shave my head to sit in his chair and be able to chat with the guest/s.

I'm a chick and I'm jealous of his ability to attract really smart people to converse on his show. Wouldn't that be an awesome asset in one's life? To be able to call national and international experts on whatever subject interests you and pick their brains about it?

He's not one of those guys who is in love with the sound of his own voice, hasn't lost the ability to have a sane and sensible conversation. If you're into confrontation he ain't your guy. He was raised by hippies. Our thing was "Let's sit down and rap it out." Shouting at one another, pushing to point of confrontation just hardens ears.

Having just listened to his latest show, I've gained even more respect for him because he was man enough to say that he didn't do his best work. Now I realize he was probably just about as confused as I was due to just not knowing---ignorance due to non participation. But because of that ignorance (his) the conversation he had with Jack allowed me to become less ignorant about Twitter. His cordial manner also prompted Jack to offer more conversation.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells
a reply to: FinallyAwake

key words there? “I think”

It might pacify the sheep.

Yes it should pasify the people who think he didn't push hard enough, because he's admitted to that and is having the guest back on. You can call them sheep if you want 🙄

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I disagree with that opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

joe, busting eddie’s balls is different than giving the CEO of Twitter a free pass.
edit on 5-2-2019 by SamWells because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Rogan sold out ages ago when he had a representative of Monsanto on and the whole show was about how good the company was. Rogan didn’t address any issues at all.

By the way I didn’t think you were allowed to use this site for self promotion of your own YouTube channel?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
After listening to the entire podcast, I don't believe it was scripted or that Rogan had any intentions other than having a normal conversation. Hearing the comments about Griffin calling for doxxing and what they should do about it, the CEO merely stated they were "studying" the entire ordeal.

From what I gathered, they find the context to the tweets and see if there is an inherent problem or something that just needs to be pushed to the bottom of the pile. I also gathered that they heavily rely on AI algorithms to solve issues and have a vast number of problems with that method....

If anyone actually paid attention to the podcast, they would've heard what the CEO said about offensive and argumentative tweets as well. They don't delete them, rather they push replies up further to push the argumentative or offensive tweet down far enough to where you really have to dig to find it.

All in all, I don't think it was a bad podcast, and seeing that Rogan will do another interview and Dorsey wants to as well, signifies that more conversation will be held.

That is the entire point of his podcasts. They aren't debates, they aren't podiums to which people can preach, they are simply conversations between few people to talk about what is new or going on.

The fans wanting Rogan to emulate their echo-chamber is laughable at best. He does not seem like the type of person to give in to the demands of arm-chair warriors. But let me say, hearing the CEO talk about pushing for a global currency and Rogan agreeing with him really struck a nerve with me...although that is just one area where I vehemently disagree with both of them.

I guess we will see (or rather hear) what comes out of this.

edit on 5-2-2019 by havok because: added content.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

I disagree with that opinion.
I respect that 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As a person who has been listening to Rogans podcast since almost from the very beginning, Joes views on certain subjects have done a complete 180 and this was not gradual, it happened over a very short period of time with no real explanation why he changed his view on these things.
The best excuse he gives when he does acknowledge this change is his time he spent on that show, "Joe Rogan questions Everything" when he claims that is when he realised most conspiracys are complete BS. That's a lame excuse for his drastic change. I dont know if he sold out, was threatened and now does what he is told or maybe he just understands that he had to change or he was going to lise something he obviously really enjoys doing, the podcasts. Hes a smart guy and knows what he must do to earn a living and keep podcasting. Rogan absolute changed his views but I think he did this on his own and just goes along to get along, knowing his people close to him and his smart fans know what he truly believes and is being kept from us all. Since there is very little evidence available for him to argue that chemtrails are real, he chose that subject as one he will make fun of JUST TO GET ALONG! It is pretty messed up when he started poking fun of his friend, Alex Jones, on a regular basis. But I have even come to a conclusion that their little spat going on is a bit of theatre. It's all entertainment and I'd bet Joe forewarned Alex that he wanted to keep his podcast, so even though he supports Alex on a personal level, he was going to stop supporting him publicly, will you please go along, Alex?
Those two are buddies and do have an understanding. If that's the case, Joe just wants to make as much money as he can while pissing off the least amount of his fans as possible, hopefully gain some more and just get through this life while having something to leave his kids. I wouldn't trash him for that at all. BUT if he is a CIA Twitter agent taking Money from his new masters, he can......well you know what he can do.
Speaking of selling out, AJ sold out to Trump and I have no doubt he took Trump money when he started supporting him back when Trump said he was running. Probably not the first time AJ sold out. For all we know, these media outlets that booted Alex very well could have paid him off with a billion dollars if he let's them remove his show everywhere, just don't make a lot of noise when it happens. Here's your cash, your family is set for generation Mr. Jones.
None of us know, we can only guess but I don't trust anything that is available for the masses to watch online, radio or on the tv. The entertainers that come with these shows ALL have their price.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Technically you can't sell out, if you've never been a part of the opposing side to begin with.

It's only when the level to which Joe had been successfully playing the game began to be exposed (by Alex Jones below etc.. 8:20 ), that business as usual became trickier for him.

Rogan isn't to be underestimated... as Jones occasionally yelled... And indeed, by the end of the second interview Joe had literally made Alex 'take back' everything he'd previously exposed.

It wasn't too hard to notice Alex's tone and body language mid second interview imo - He'd obviously come on to expose Joe on the nwo/occult aspect to the D M T agenda, but ended up surprisingly muzzled.

Now that's control. And I doubt Jones will ever try anything like that again.

edit on 16-3-2019 by eastendkid because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join