It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Joe Rogan sell out in Jack Dorsey interview?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

This makes no sense.

I have listened to everything I could by joe, except his comedy.

That makes me somewhat more qualified to have an oponion on the matter?

B.S!

Grambler's making an excellent point, wich one I agree with. If those questions arent pre planned Rogan's being an absoulte hipocrite in kosy'ing up to JD, asking nothing of substance and overall being a disapointment to most of his fans wich reflects on the comments and likes/dislikes.

If anyone's qualified to have an opinion on the matter, the op has shown himself to be an excellent debater and honest in what he believes.

Stick to the subject not the poster.

Rogan # the bed. Hope he learns from it.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

You dont get it either. You thinking anyone else has anything to learn from this makes me giggle.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It appears there is going to be a round 2........

Thumped from the insta link in the screenshot above...

Good news for everyone that was annoyed that we didn’t cover censorship and deplatforming enough on the podcast with Jack Dorsey because he’s offered to come back on again. I’m going to take the criticism to heart and research all the high profile cases on the right and on the left and any instances that might be viewed as double standards. Anything in particular you think is important please leave a mention in the comments and I’ll have someone make a list.
One thing I really liked that Jack said was that he felt that the ability to communicate online was a right that we all should have. Maybe there can be a road to redemption for people that have been banned? I’ll keep you folks posted as to when we work out the details and the date

Joe Rogan - twitter
edit on 4/2/2019 by Sublimecraft because: added full instagram comment

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It appears there is going to be a round 2........

Thumped from the insta link in the screenshot above...

Good news for everyone that was annoyed that we didn’t cover censorship and deplatforming enough on the podcast with Jack Dorsey because he’s offered to come back on again. I’m going to take the criticism to heart and research all the high profile cases on the right and on the left and any instances that might be viewed as double standards. Anything in particular you think is important please leave a mention in the comments and I’ll have someone make a list.
One thing I really liked that Jack said was that he felt that the ability to communicate online was a right that we all should have. Maybe there can be a road to redemption for people that have been banned? I’ll keep you folks posted as to when we work out the details and the date

Joe Rogan - twitter

I think this should pasify all those upset by the podcast.
He didn't push hard enough, I think he gets it.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Rogan is a bald doosh whos only motivation has been money all his life. Well, that and big boobs. Guys a loser.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
He's one of his sponsor, of course he sucked him off.

unsubbed

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Rogan is a bald doosh whos only motivation has been money all his life. Well, that and big boobs. Guys a loser.

BWAHAHA haha 😂 HAHAHAHA. 🤣

That’s hilarious. My goodness...a random poster from the internet, with an ignorant post like this, calling a self made millionaire, television celebrity, popular and decent comedian, pioneer of the podcast platform, highly respected MMA commentator and performer in his own regard, open minded and intelligent person who has interviewed the likes of Elon Musk and Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Jay Leno and Jordan Peterson and countless other professionals from a vast array of specialties...and some random troll on the internet calls him a loser!!??!!

Ohhh man...this exemplifies modern America! People have a right to speak their mind but it’s so great to watch when people post like this! We’re doomed!! Hahaha. It’s a good thing he like “big boobs” or he’d be a real Gaylord to top it all off, wouldn’t he??!?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

How big were these boobs?

Something I found weird, was the Stephen Greer interview, I feel like he went soft on him for some unknown reason, not sure why.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Assassin82

How big were these boobs?

Something I found weird, was the Stephen Greer interview, I feel like he went soft on him for some unknown reason, not sure why.

Must be HHHUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE to get that guys appreciation for it.

Let me refresh myself on the Greer interview real quick.
edit on 4-2-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

Man, that was way back in the day. Before I started watching. I jumped in around episode 400ish. I’ll have to give that one a listen.
edit on 4-2-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

SO on one hand, Rogan could be seen as commendable for listening to his fan base and their criticisms.

On the other hand, it could be seen as Rogan showed who he truly is in his interview with Dorsey, and now after realizing how many of his fans he upset, he is trying to change tone to not lose audience members or revenue.

I guess we will have to wait and see if there is a round two, and if its any different.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I caught this podcast when it was still going live. i could only watch 20 minutes of it. the questions were soft. the answers were scripted. Jack sounded like a politician. it was gross.
edit on 4-2-2019 by SamWells because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

key words there? “I think”

It might pacify the sheep.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I’ve listened to quite a few Rogan podcasts, and enjoyed many of them. I like that he had people on from graham Hancock to Elon musk.

However, it saddens me if he has sold out to the tech media panopoly..

Several people in the YouTube comments section asserted that his team is receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars to help promote Jack Dorsey’s cash app.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree with you. Purely from a monetary and fan retention perspective, IF he can’t address the tech censorship problems due to “selling out” or even fear, then the wisest thing to do would have been to not even do this podcast.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Of course Joe Rogan is a sell out! I use to really like JR and then I saw what a blatant sellout he was with
the faked NASA moon landings. JR had researched the fake NASA moon landings thoroughly and was
very out spoken about the subject until something changed. He now adamantly says we went to the moon, and anybody
who researches this subject knows damn well it never happened. So why, or who, got to JR to keep him in line and on a narrow path. He lost all credibility with me. Now he's just a dope smoking fool in my book.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So you and a bunch of other right wingers are upset that Joe didn't "go for" and abuse one of his guests?

Here's a news flash for you. Joe isn't one of you right wingers. He's a centrist. That's why I appreciate his efforts. He's not going to provide your echo chamber.

His interview style is determined by the guest he has on each particular show. If he knows the person/s on a personal basis he's far more likely to push hard than when he doesn't actually know the guest. He constantly attempts to emphasize that his goal isn't to "get" someone but to have conversations.

Since I've never been involved in Twitter or the other social networks I have to admit that much of their talk was like a foreign language to me but I didn't hear anything that would make a normal person get their panties in such a wad.

The man was a guest on his show. Joe has the respect to treat him (Jack) as he (Joe) would like to be treated and all he gets is a leftist reaction from the the right wingers...

I respect your work here at ATS Grambler but this sort of searching out for things to criticize is unworthy of you. Perhaps a bit of envy for a guy who has made it? How many international CEOs have you interviewed for your videos?

As Joe points out endlessly---"I'm just a flawed human looking for a few answers."

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Clearly my take was more nuanced then " am a right winger and just want him to attack Dorsey!"

I outlined how among Joes supporters, his adhernece to not censoring and being for free speech has seemed to be ahis strongest message.

And yet when getting on a person perhaps most responsible for this censorship, he soft balls him.

I also pointed out how he does in fact give push back to other guests, almost exclsuively right wing people. Sargon, Candace Owens, steven Crowder, Nick Dipalo, etc.

And so for him to push back against tghem and not dorsey is certainly joes right, but seems to suggest his stance on not censoring and free speech is not at the fore front of his priorities as he suggests.

Lastly, how isnt you saying you respect me, but my criticism of joe is unworthy of me, you doing the exat same thing you criticize me for?

Are you jealous because I made it more than you, so you feel the need to criticize me?

Or are you just speaking your point of view as I am doing with Rogan?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I have a lot of respect for your work here because you generally deal in facts, not feelings. You admitted in the OP that there isn't one segment or one question----just a feeling that in your opinion, he didn't push back enough----therefore---he has sold out to the dark side. I've never heard him say that free speech is his #1 priority---it's one of many things that he holds dear that makes people on both sides lose their minds from time to time.

Or are you just speaking your point of view as I am doing with Rogan?

No. My criticism of you is that you immediately jumped to "sold out" when you disagreed with his interview style, inferring that he's part of some vast left/right conspiracy to silence people who aren't all in on one side. Like Joe, I'm a centrist who just wants to find out the facts and make up my own mind using the critical thinking skills my parents instilled in me over six decades ago. My criticism of you doesn't include inferring that you are somehow "sold out" or part of something nefarious just because you feel that an interviewer was less than you expected.

Are you jealous because I made it more than you, so you feel the need to criticize me?

I don't understand that question. You made "it" the video? No, I don't make videos. I've been around the media circuit, been the interviewer a few times but the interviewee far more. Neither position is an easy one. I was the one on the statewide campaign trail---doing interviews as a third party candidate. I've actually stood on stages with some of the people Joe has had on his show, so no, I'm not jealous of someone who makes videos. I'm glad that you're doing it, pointing out facts to people. This one is heavy on feelings----Joe didn't say the things you wanted him to say so you immediately go to "sell out".

Like a lot of us classical liberals, or libertarians as we're called these days, Joe wants to have a conversation and see if there are ways to find points of agreement because if we keep having conversations, we will find much on which to agree. If we just fire off bombs at one another those conversations never happen.

ETA: You have every right to express your feelings about how Joe did the interview. You crossed the line when you accused him of "selling out" because you have no factual basis to make that claim beyond your "feelings." So----if you feel he wasn't hard hitting enough, by all means give Jack a call and have him on your video and show us how, in your opinion, it should be done.
edit on 4-2-2019 by diggindirt because: addition

edit on 4-2-2019 by diggindirt because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just listened to joe to about 20 min of damage control with Brian Redban.

It’s about 70% believeable .

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Yes i admitted it was my opinion.

This isnt a thread about the mueller investigation, or trump bombing syria.

I stated quite clearly it was my opinion.

I made a video explaining the issue as well, and exactly why I think so many people were upset, but I also said there that I would be willing to hear Rogan out.

I made a second video as well based on Rogans statements about the interview, and gave the pros and cons of those statements.

I said I was leaning towards the fact that Joe may have sold out in my final statement oin the OP.

And from this you decide to say its beneath me, and ask if I am jealous of Rogan?

I welcome your opinion and will not begrudge you for it.

Though the irony of you being upset that I wnet to far by saying Joe may have sold out without proof, while questioning if I did that because I am jealous, when you have no proof, is quote amusing though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join