It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Joe Rogan sell out in Jack Dorsey interview?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
rogan is great if he is just talking entertainment, and health supplements.
BUT i see him 'telling' guests to think very internationlistly.

he basically tells people, which is the scam, 'think differently but fall in line'

he does it very subtlety. just mentioning things like, 'you do not believe that do you?'
and if you tell that to a person, you can easily manipulate them.

now, he might not manipulate his guests but for sure he is manipulating the minions listening.

why do you think his podcast is so 'promoted?'
because they promote him, because they know he is working for them on the down low.

i still love hearing his podcasts with other comedians.
but when i hear him push agenda or pro-paganda, and he does it in the subtle manipulative way, man it irks the heck out of me.

he pretends to be a libertarian, he is a pro-pagandist.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

i forgot about the dipalo interview.
he kept dissing him, making fun of dipalo for being a conservative.

i watched it thinking, here comes two stand ups talking about the pitfalls of that job.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

interesting :]
edit on 3-2-2019 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My first thought was how baked was he during the talk... last few pod casts I watched he seemed much more glassy eyed than before.

Also... like others mentioned if he wants to continue profiting you eventually get into line or you have to re-invent yourself to keep things going.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I listened to hundreds of Rogans podcasts over the years.

I will listen to this in its fullest this week, and report back.
But I wanted to add to the conversation...

Grambler, you do understand that Rogan is a person that gets nervous and stumbles around questions all the time right? Especially if the guest has clout or importance. All the podcasts I heard have similar characteristics, leaving me yelling at the radio because I felt Rogan should remark a certain way. Hell he even admitted to being a Tyson fanboy and I think he pushed too hard during that interview.

Then I remember one thing. His show is on the spot and not rehearsed. (Unless this one was somewhat scripted, but who knows) Most of the time when you think you have questions for someone, and then that person shows up, you tend to forget even how to ask. I guarantee he wanted more...but his PR person is probably holding him back.

I have to give the man some respect. He has the most popular podcast, in my opinion, available today and has opened up many avenues of intelligence for us to gather and soak up. When he podcasts with friends its all laughs and joints, but when its a serious guest the conversation changes. I'd hate to see it get political because there are already many things I don't agree with him on.

Hopefully I'll remember to post again...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I was never an ardent supporter, but, I saw an interview with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and that kind of turned me off a bit. I'm no cheerleader for anyone deep into the music industry, but the way Rogan belittled him and acted like he's the expert on everything to do with space aliens just reminded me a lot of "establishment behavior" and I decided I am not really interested in seeing more of that.

Nothing really significant, but, I guess it just kind of foreshadowed what I'm reading here today...

You are very on point, relevant, and definitely not a meat head for making this video. This just shows you really are in touch with the big picture and really have your ear to the street. I might even watch the video to hear more about this. Thanks for sharing

EDIT- I mean the video you made. I probably wont watch the rogan interview.
edit on 2/3/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Joe pussed out, no if and's or buts about it..........I watched the whole thing......

And me and the op are obviously not alone in thinking this, almost 40k people who have seen it apparently feel the same.......

Im a sub so im very aware of how his interviews usually go........some better than others obviously, but this was a BLATANT backdown on JRs part
edit on 2/3/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
He's become a leftist tool. He won't even allow guests to mention Owen Benjamin. He also disavowed Gavin McInnes and Alex Jones because he didn't want to take any heat for hanging with them. He went from being their friends to saying they're crazy.
He's playing the game. He knows who his masters are and he will be a good lickspittle.

Sometimes when he has real intellectuals on the show, you can tell they're mentally laughing at him. They appear on his show for the exposure.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Rogan belittled him and acted like he's the expert on everything to do with space aliens

That's a good point! Rogan acts like he's a n authority on aliens for some reason. He knows next to nothing on the subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here’s joes official response via Facebook 30 min ago...

“I had Jack Dorsey, the CEO of twitter on the podcast Friday and many people felt I didn’t grill him hard enough on twitter censoring right wing voices.
My intention going into the podcast was to talk to him about that, but also to talk to him about the responsibilities that come with managing world wide conversation with a platform that no one ever saw coming. The other idea I wanted to discuss was what possible new technologies could be the next version of social media.

I asked him about censorship, but some people on the right felt that I didn’t go after him hard enough. Some people, like whoever wrote this article think I’m “right wing.”
I’m not, and I don’t even think anyone who has paid attention to anything I’ve said believes that. It seems like someone wanted a good controversial click-baity title for the article regardless of whether or not it was accurate.
As for the interview, I asked the questions I wanted to ask, and although his answers on some of them were vague, I felt like I got out of him whatever I was going to get without being too confrontational.

There have also been talks of us editing the video and deleting disparaging YouTube comments. That’s not true. The video #ed up while we were filming and the tricaster crashed. As far as I know Jamie put it all back together. As for the YouTube comments we don’t delete those. I don’t know how it works, but I suspect there’s some form of what Dorsey talked about with twitter where machine learning downvotes certain perspectives, or what they deem “offensive” or “rude” comments. What definitely isn’t is Jamie or anyone else from my team deleting things.

I definitely think there’s a discussion to be had about censoring comments through computer programs or manual deleting, I want you folks to know we’re not responsible for any of that.

I do my best, and if I didn’t fulfill some of your expectations I can understand. Honestly, I think I learn more from negative reactions than from positive ones, and I truly appreciate having a public review of these conversations because it’s part of how I get better at this #.”

Take it for what it’s worth.

I like joe and think he’s done more good than harm.

But I don’t think he’s perfect, and he very well could be “cia” or compromised or whatever people like to say to discredit him and call him a shill.

There’s obviously been times where he had not pushed as far as we’d like him to... maybe the next guy that sits down with Dorsey for two hours will do better ?

We’ll see.

Either way, he just one dude.

Take him off the pedistal.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I have no doubt in my mind that the YouTube's and Facebooks and Twitters of the social media realm have implemented algorithms to identify and delete comments of a certain paradigm. Anything Alex Jones on YT or Twitter is probably instantly flagged. And I'm sure they can attribute certain users to using certain names or terms frequently for quicker identification. Some might argue it helps keep them free of any potential liability issues; others argue it's communist censorship. The truth probably lies in the middle somewhere. But I don't think Joe and Jaime are sitting there on their computers deleting comment after comment.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I have listened to the entire podcast, like virtually every single one he has released prior. The fact you think you are entitiled to an particular interview or discussion rather than what you got is telling. You cant even be asked to listen to the whole thing by your own account.

You just dont get it dude, but you dont even get what you dont get.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to alex jones yes joe is full nwo. Joe is kinda cool but prolly some type of sell out.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I have listened to the entire podcast, like virtually every single one he has released prior. The fact you think you are entitiled to an particular interview or discussion rather than what you got is telling. You cant even be asked to listen to the whole thing by your own account.

You just dont get it dude, but you dont even get what you dont get.

How is my crioticism me being entitled to anything?

Here you are criticizing my thread.

IS that you feeling entitled to a certain type of post by me?

Of course not.

I have criticized what I saw on this show.

I gave detailed reasons as to why, you ignored them all and sought to instead focus on me.

Thats fine.

But you are right and the tens of thousands of rogans fans that saw it more like me must just not get it, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Currently at 6k LIKES and 40k DISLIKES.

Joe WILL feel the heat on this and loose some credibility, as well as supporters.

I never subbed him, but was never turned off about him either.

Sucks for him, take that L rogan, never go full cuck.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

lol I honestly just fired up that episode, then started checking ATS and seen this thread.
Will comment once I hear more of the episode

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Our discussion here is not equivalent to expectations while listening to a podcast, so I won't address that argument.

Being unhappy with and criticizing an episode is not problematic, there are plenty of guests I dont enjoy and interviews I have found boring.

JRE isnt a public service, Joe isnt a representative, he doesnt have a duty or responsibilty to do anything at all, regardless of our desire to instill it in him.

And no friend, I am not saying you are alone in not getting it. I am saying you are in very good company.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I like rogan's show a lot but I wouldn't consider him a hard hitting interviewer. He definitely played some sorftball and I'll be sure to skip that episode.

It's possible he just didn't want to argue. He's gotten some huge guests lately and it's possible he's going into late night show mode.

Meaning he's not going to pry with tough questions because that could hurt chances of other guests coming on.

Remember Steven Colbert before late night, or even before his comedy central show? He was a hilarious interview Eric who would ask anything. He gets a big late night show and things change.

Did he sell out? I don't think one episode determines that. He's had some guests or interviews that ducked. Like th hat vegan-hater who blatantly made up studies and facts during rogan's show.

I just see Rogan as a comedian, and not like abbey Martin (who he had three times) who would use her journalistic skills to ask tough questions.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hes a smart dude, he'll learn from it

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

uhoh, youtube is starting to look at the problem of people correctly using the like/dislike buttons. It is putting to a lie of what they are trying to brainwash us with.

YouTube wants ‘dislike mobs’ to stop weaponizing the dislike button

I wonder if they will just regulate themselves out of existence pretty soon.

Imagine their horror, the majority of the populace that has an opinion that is against their nefarious ways.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join