It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is science a reliable source for truth?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If there is any rhyme or reason to the existence it has to simply be experience, nothing else makes sense.

Ashakic records or the like perchance?

Minds like Tom Campbell prefer to call it the Quantum field of information, all information past, present, and future exist in the field. EVERYTHING! it explains pre-cognition, remote viewing, inspiration ..

There certainly may be a form of genetic memory at play, most animals have those to some degree.

Rupert Sheldrake would describe it as Morphic Resonance, hylozoics explains it as a group soul.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Put it this way, ile go with some form of shared group consciousness, before any kind of Biblical interpretations.

Further study is required in just about every area where consciousness is concerned.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Science is a reliable source for truth, but only as we know things right now.

What they attempt to force on you as truth now will change in a few years as new advancements are made. Then they'll try to force that on you as the truth. Then ridicule you if you question it. Rinse and repeat.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Have you never 'felt' another person before? You have never sensed strong feelings of desire or hate that have been directed at you from another person?

How about pets? Have you possibly read some of Sheldrake's presentations on simple experiments done in a scientific method? Experiments that pets knew when their owners were coming home?

So just because you believe we are the sum of our parts and you have possibly never felt anything past physical contact, it is fact?

Have you ever wondered that your mental state possibly prohibits experiencing those sensations?

Through my own personal experiences, I would bet anything I have including my life, that there is something past the physical in this reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

That’s silly Jesus taught love Constantine taught war You are very confused or naive like a child

The only one confused here is you. You really should look into the early Christian area; its there in B & W

You are very confused or naive like a child

well you said this earlier

a tool, science is a tool, like a hammer, a gun,

A mouth is like a tool, use it with care, it embarrasses you time & time again when you put your foot in it.

You are no different to those who followed Constantine, you know no better.

Again you miss the point, without Constantine there would be no apostolic creed or church that survived the ages.
You show the same argumentative stance as in your evolution posts.

Been spending too much time in a cult lately?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Have you a crystal ball.
Constantine was one man in one country in one church, there were other denominations globally not just the Catholic.
You are being European centric and that's just naive

The apostolic creed, and I am non credal Christian so it's irrelevant to me anyway (fail) was not a Catholic only thing so there is that as well

Remember that mouth- embarass thing, tool

Seems you know as much about church history as you do evolution

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

science make sit harder to manipulate large groups, not impossible but its easier with faith to deceive than it is with the scientific method

Science has actually made it easier - you deny there are patents out there that modify human behaviour in a crowd setting to make them feel anxiety and disperse?

Just 1 example.

theconversation.com...

I could go on about the faith that was needed to go to war against Iraq and the spurious WMDs & Nigerien yellowcake, using the science of manufacturing consent.. but ....

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Have you a crystal ball. Constantine was one man in one country in one church, there were other denominations globally not just the Catholic. You are being European centric and that's just naive

Eurocentric? Without Constantine there would be no Christianity as it is known today. Just admit you're in over your head and are lazy in researching even basic facts.

courses.lumenlearning.com...

The age of Constantine marked a distinct epoch in the history of the Roman Empire, both for founding Byzantium in the east, as well as his adoption of Christianity as a state religion. As emperor, Constantine enacted many administrative, financial, social, and military reforms to strengthen the empire. Constantine experienced a dramatic event in 312 at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, after which Constantine claimed the emperorship in the west and converted to Christianity. According to some sources, on the evening of October 27, with the armies preparing for battle, Constantine had a vision of a cross, which led him to fight under the protection of the Christian god. The accession of Constantine was a turning point for early Christianity; after his victory, Constantine took over the role of patron of the Christian faith.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Seriously CK are you telling me you haven’t heard of the Eastern Orthodocs church
Then are you seriously telling me you believe Constantine was the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church?
Then are you trying to tell me that you know without any doubt that should there have been no Constantine the Christian church would have ended

The funny thing, Constantine probably did more damage to the church than any other human in history, Constantine turned the church into a political movement

So in my opinion, Constantine hijacked christianity and perverted it into the violent beast it wasn’t
Christianity was a non violent religion till Constantine used it as a weapon

romecorruptedchristianity.wordpress.com...

I am in over my head, I think your ignorance is nuclear re the Catholic church
Seriously think about what you know and where you learned what you know about the early church

My guess it’s the word “Catholics” you think it means something it doesn’t
Catholic means universal
Roman Catholic is Roman universal
Orthodox catholic means orthodox universal

What it doesn’t mean is that the two are linked in any way, in fact there was a war between the two churches over theology
en.m.wikipedia.org...–West_Schism

Roman Catholicism always wanted universal jurisdiction but the Orthodox Church wouldn’t accept it. Orthodoxy is individual national churches not centralised in Rome
en.m.wikipedia.org...

I could go on but it is wasted

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

you deny there are patents out there that modify human behaviour in a crowd setting to make them feel anxiety and disperse?

Do I?

not sure where you are pulling this out of.

Did it hurt pulling that out cause it can only come from one place?

But to answer, NO I don't deny that but we weren't talking about that

we were talking about consumerism, You mentioned the adds and the model in the white lab coat now you go into another topic and say I deny something I wasn't even talking about.

I should have worded and explained myself a little more detailed, sorry you got what I was saying in my initial post so wrong.

That large group, if it knows about the techniques used to manipulate minds then its harder to manipulate.

It matter not if its science or religious based whats being "sold" when the group can identify the psychological techniques used, if they cannot then its faith they rely on and usually anything with authority is enough to make some jump to the tune being played.

edit on 17-2-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join