It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Laws Implemented by AOC, then Another Arctic Blizzard Occurs in Several States.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Why are you having such huge problems differentiating between weather and climate?

Yeah education is sorely lacking.

Because the ONLY GD difference between climate/weather is variable called TIME.

Green energy is a lie.

If the CLimate is changing. Ip so facto the weather is changing.

Which makes it entirely idiotic to make people DEPEND on the WEATHER for their energy needs.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Then, all of a sudden another artic blizzard occurs, and 5-10 states suffer once again the worse winter storm possible at minus 22-50F.

How will you heat your house when your solar panels haven't received any power from the sun because it has been completely cloudy for more than a week?

How often has a powerful stormed knocked out the grid, and people wait it out with no power, no heat, no water? We need to modernize our infrastructures and grid and look to clean and renewable energy.
edit on 3-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you don't believe that if we get the entire world to do the rain dance all at the same time, it will rain?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

How?

Going to bomb the hell out of China and India for building COAL plants?

'Cause they are by the thousands.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The bitter irony being that her precious tweeting is part of the internet which probably takes up more power than any other thing on earth. Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I mean, that would help with the human over population problem, which is most of the problem in the first place...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The bitter irony being that her precious tweeting is part of the internet which probably takes up more power than any other thing on earth. Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

All fossil fuels are banned.

The plan by the dems is to phase out the fossil fuels while at the same time slowly replacing them all with renewables.

By the time fossil fuels are down to around 20-30% of our energy renewables will be already providing the rest that we need.
So, if in the end our energy needs are met then why does it matter where that energy is coming from?

Personally I choice to use the cleaner source for my energy needs.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

How will you heat your house when your solar panels haven't received any power from the sun because it has been completely cloudy for more than a week?

Solar panels are used in some of the coldest countries on earth. They do just fine.
www.worldatlas.com...

The thing is your premise only works if ALL fossil fuels are banned BEFORE an alternative is ready to replace it. No one is going to let anyone do that.

edit on 3-2-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It matters because it's not the only GD industry the left has destroyed.

Firearms,Financial,healthcare, and now gas and oil.

The question is why are people defending those authoritarians?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
How well do solar panels perform during California wildfire's that made people wear mask's and the haze is so thick people can hardly see?

How well do solar panels perform with several feet of snow, and are covered with ice.

How well does battery storage work in sub freezing temperatures?

Every modern 'green' energy system has a GENERATOR backup power by diesel or propane/Natural gas(fossil fuels).

Alternative energy is a DELUSION. Because it does NOT work as advertised.
edit on 3-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Why are you having such huge problems differentiating between weather and climate?

Is it education... or the lack thereof?

Care to point out where I inferred that weather equals to climate?

BTW, stop projecting your lack of education on others. It's unbecoming.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The 1%, the rich, already pay almost 40% of all income taxes in the U.S...

The bottom 50% of taxpayers pay 2.8% of all income taxes.

Believe It or Not - the Richest Americans DO Pay Most of the Federal Income Tax

This is what the left doesn't get. The rich already pay their share of income taxes. But what the left want, is for the rich to become poor which will bankrupt this nation completely.

BTW, I am nowhere near rich.

The glory days between 41 and 76 they paid 70% and 90% and we all thrived, don't you want to thrive again?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

IF they were thriving then social security and medicare/medicaid wouldn't have been created.

Those 'glory' days do not account for modern government programs, and 'benefits' or the millions of people on them.
edit on 3-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Fear not;
for thus sayeth Sarah Sanders,
your bulwark against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
freshman Congresswoman:

“I don’t think that we are going to listen to her on much of anything, particularly anything that we will leave into the hands of a much, much higher authority,” Sanders told host Sean Hannity. “And certainly not listen to the freshman congresswoman on when the world may end.”

Just don't listen, your fears will fade.

They're really pushing God's involvement in the presidency aren't they?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

How often has a powerful stormed knocked out the grid, and people wait it out with no power, no heat, no water? We need to modernize our infrastructures and grid and look to clean and renewable energy.

A powerful storm doesn't equal to a blizzard that lowers temperatures as much as -50 degrees F...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I changed my mind.

Let's go back to the good old days of a 70% tax rate.

I could by a machine gun without a GD background check.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It matters because it's not the only GD industry the left has destroyed. Firearms,Financial,healthcare,

Opinon.

I can tell you that for me the dems fixed healthcare. The aca really works for me and it literally saved my life. Do I think it could be better ? Yes. But from my perspective at least, the dems didn't brake healthcare. They tried to fix an already broken system.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is it education... or the lack thereof?

I am confused. the OP mentioned the current scenario of a really cold storm (which is weather) and the fact that some cities were unable to keep up with the high demand for energy, then mentioned the part where green energy alone might also not be able to supply enough energy during an event like that. Nowhere did he confuse climate and weather. Is arrogance and stupidity a common thing with you?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I can tell you that for me the dems fixed healthcare.

Excuse me.

I am too busy rolling on the floor laughing my buttocks off hysterically.

Funny opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join