It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Laws Implemented by AOC, then Another Arctic Blizzard Occurs in Several States.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Imagine this. Thanks to Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and her fellow clowns, Climate Change laws are implemented exactly as they want. It is illegal to burn coal, it is illegal to use natural gas for heating, it is illegal to use nuclear power for electricity, etc, etc. All fossil fuels are banned. Then, all of a sudden another artic blizzard occurs, and 5-10 states suffer once again the worse winter storm possible at minus 22-50F.

How will you heat your house when your solar panels haven't received any power from the sun because it has been completely cloudy for more than a week?

How will hospitals get the energy needed to function properly and save millions of lives throughout the U.S.?

You think free energy is suddenly going to come out of AOC's mouth and heat up everybody?...

You know what will truly kill millions of people? The stupidity of AOC, her clowns and those who agree with these stupid ideas to "all of a sudden ban all fossil fuels."

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm in crazy California. I keep a wood pile and heat my house with fire, when I can. No fear when the boggy man comes.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

How will you heat your house

maybe by using the methane and flatus that are coming out of AOC and her followers?

couldn't find another solution

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
AOC might say they'll just tax the rich at 90% and no problem 🤣

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If they tax the rich at 90% that would be billions of dollars surely?
Now if you changed those billions into $1 notes/bills and compressed them tightly enough into small bundles you could probably give every American enough bundles to stay warm with for days.

I’m not 100% sure that this is feasible but it would be the first government program that I’m aware of that would be honest about burning your tax dollars

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm in crazy California.
I keep a wood pile and heat my house with fire, when I can. No fear when the boggy man comes.

Burning wood releases CO2, alongside smog. it will be banned as well if AOC and her clowns get their way. What then?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The 1%, the rich, already pay almost 40% of all income taxes in the U.S...

The bottom 50% of taxpayers pay 2.8% of all income taxes.

Believe It or Not - the Richest Americans DO Pay Most of the Federal Income Tax

This is what the left doesn't get. The rich already pay their share of income taxes. But what the left want, is for the rich to become poor which will bankrupt this nation completely.

BTW, I am nowhere near rich.

(post by Allaroundyou removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

PURE propaganda here folks.
Just gleam at it for a second or even a minute if need be. And also take a look at those flags and the placement on the sig.
Tells ya all ya need to know.
Get real folks.

Are you claiming AOC has not called for the full stop use of fossil fuels?...

Ocasio-Cortez Now Wants to Ban All Fossil Fuel Production

There was even a video of her saying this, but youtube, with their left-wing bias has drowned that video and when you look for that particular phrase you get search queries that even claim "Most Republicans agree with her Green Deal..."

This is the same "Yale" that had psychologists claim POTUS Trump is "mentally ill" for his political opinions...

BS...

Anyway, the propagandist seems to be you with that false assertion...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hydroelectric, geothermal, wind, tidal, solar, and batteries to store, are thinking we would ONLY use solar? Currently some parts of the country solar alone can’t cover power needs due to climate and/or latitude.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Fear not;
for thus sayeth Sarah Sanders,
your bulwark against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
freshman Congresswoman:

“I don’t think that we are going to listen to her on much of anything, particularly anything that we will leave into the hands of a much, much higher authority,” Sanders told host Sean Hannity. “And certainly not listen to the freshman congresswoman on when the world may end.”

Just don't listen, your fears will fade.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Why are you having such huge problems differentiating between weather and climate?

Is it education... or the lack thereof?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The prejudices of full stomachs and warm beds have ugly connotations no one wants to address. We are so separated by our comforts and safety that we forget just how fragile this all is. Any day we can lose control of all of this and wake up with the prejudices of extreme poverty.

We cannot afford to drag old ideologies another century into our history as an intelligent species. It's killing us. Generation Stupid can't be allowed to control us.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: xuenchen

PURE propaganda here folks.
Just gleam at it for a second or even a minute if need be. And also take a look at those flags and the placement on the sig.
Tells ya all ya need to know.
Get real folks.

She did sat 70% for everybody over 10 million, problem with that is number one removes the value of innovation, expanding or selling your small business if you are going to get slapped with such a high tax rate, once you do succeed. Will likely force individuals and businesses to move jobs and or money off shore out of country. At such a high tax rate so many would just pull up short legitimately by shutting down at 9.9 million income or do so by finding loop holes etc. But mostly it kills initiative why bust your ass working and finally succeed then get slapped so hard your take home drops 2/3rds. Its crazy and short sighted, besides I dont trust any government to manage such a huge influx of capital. Look at the corruption, graft and mismanagement of funds already found throughout the fed on both sides.

Not saying we dont need adjustments but really concerns me giving government that much responsibility, lol and right now I'm lower middle income.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

At such a high tax rate so many would just pull up short legitimately by shutting down at 9.9 million income or do so by finding loop holes etc. But mostly it kills initiative why bust your ass working and finally succeed then get slapped so hard your take home drops 2/3rds.

No one would get taxed 2/3 of their annual income, Since they'd only be paying 70% tax for every dollar earned over 10 million... That's how it works.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Can't say much other then wow!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: putnam6

At such a high tax rate so many would just pull up short legitimately by shutting down at 9.9 million income or do so by finding loop holes etc. But mostly it kills initiative why bust your ass working and finally succeed then get slapped so hard your take home drops 2/3rds.

No one would get taxed 2/3 of their annual income, Since they'd only be paying 70% tax for every dollar earned over 10 million... That's how it works.

Same motivation applies then, why kill yourself after you reach 10 million if 70% is going to be scarfed up and given to a bloated inefficient government to waste, scam, divert please tell me you dont trust these azzhats to do whats right and proper. LOL there are already people that pull up short cause they dont want to be in a higher tax bracket. You will get loads of people avoiding or cheating if its that low. LOL IRS is under staffed as it is, people hate working there because of the stigma attached to it. That would put the end the high achievement, LOL most would rather donate that give it to the government to abuse.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A lot of stupidity to unpack! First off coal is useless. That’s why coal jobs are plummeting despite Trump’s election. He can lie all he wants, but the market doesn’t lie. It’s not cost effective anymore to use coal for energy, which is also why every coal company in the US is phasing out.

As for nuclear power, the c02 emissions are negligible compared to every other energy source you named. Also plastics are made from fossil fuels, banning them is an impossibility.

So one of two things is happening here, either Representative Cortez has no ides what green house gases are, despite being an environmentalist. Or you’re lying. My god! A Trump voter lying! Say it ain’t so! Trump would never lie!

Also your confusing CLIMATE with WEATHER just like Trump. I wonder if u ppl ever pick up books or is his twitter feed the only literature u need?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If you want to look at the pollution in india and the phillippines about plastics
they should first clean that #tte up

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join