It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Watch rescue ship by Italy coast guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The migrant rescue ship Sea Watch 3 has been detained in the Sicilian port of Catania for breaching safety and environmental laws, the Italian coast guard said Friday.
Source

The crew of the Dutch-flagged ship had expected the vessel to be detained or impounded as a show of strength from Italy's far-right Interior Minister Matteo Salvini, who says charity rescue boats aid illegal migration.

"As assumed, we are blocked for political reasons! There was high pressure on the coast guard to find a reason to chain us," Sea Watch International said on Twitter. "They can chain our ships, but they can´t chain solidarity!" it said.

"During the inspection of the Sea Watch 3, a vessel certified as pleasure yacht, a series of non-compliances concerning both navigation safety and compliance with rules protecting the marine environment were noted," it said.

"But I am also very, very certain that in the end, no matter what allegations are brought against the organisation, the ship or the crew as whole, none of these allegations will stick and the truth of the matter will come out," he said.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Apparently prosecutor Carmelo Zuccaro claims that sea watch 3 ship committed no offence let alone the fact that the ship is actually assisting human traffickers in Libya. That as well is a criminal offense.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My mother is from Sicily. I feel for all the Sicilians . Send them back immediately. Besides that they don't like olives or mozzeralla cheese.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Simple solution
Allow the boats to dock and the passengers to disembark.
Arrest all illegals and send them back on the next available plane.
Sink or sell the ship for scrap and either use the proceeds from the sale of the vessel or charge the NGO that brought them for the repatriation of the illegals.

1st government with some backbone to apply something like this will pretty much halt all illegal immigrants into their country

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
My mother is from Sicily. I feel for all the Sicilians . Send them back immediately. Besides that they don't like olives or mozzeralla cheese.

How do the Ordinary Sicilians feel about the issue? many claim on the left that these African migrants flee from Poverty and War yet the images from sea watch and other NGOs say a different story.

edit on 3-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

edit on 3 2 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

How do the Ordinary Sicilians feel about the issue? many claim on the left that these African migrants flee from Poverty and War yet the images from sea watch and other NGOs say a different story.

They want to be Sicilian without the brain washing of immigration is great for the new world of no bonderies. (sp)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

"They can chain our ships, but they can´t chain solidarity!"

It is wonderful, the way these human traffickers stand together.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Cane the traffickers in public.

^_^

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

...Send them back immediately. Besides that they don't like olives....

Sounds reasonable 👍

...or mozzeralla cheese.

...Ok, now that's messed up,........

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've posted before about Scicily and my own experience so won't repeat it but.....what some people fail to realise is that these alleged "wars" all these Africans are fleeing from are home made tribal wars some of which have been going on for centuries. They don't need outside influences to create war they are very very good at it themselves and when it comes to genocide they are experts. Remember Rwanda? Its said that many of these illegals are ex soldiers and I can believe that and if so, when it comes to violence we ain't seen nothing yet!

But now they've got the green light to go wherever they want so why stay and fix their own country when they can just hop on a boat and take their violence and religious extremism elsewhere?

Would love to know who is funding these people because the vast majority are penniless yet can pay smugglers to get them across the med? My own personal belief is that this exodus is being paid for by Muslim extremists and various Imams who have now got a very strong foothold in many parts of Africa

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Seeing how they said "solidarity" solidarity cities, solidarity open society program is mostly carry out by Soros Open Societies NGOs.
The NGO ships crew and captain no doubt are being funded through offshore.

That is why a few of these NGO captains feel a bit safe by claiming they aren't committing a crime, as their funding is offshore untraceable.
edit on 3-2-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
The money! That always get swept under the carpet. Supposed penniless migrants are paying about £3000 per person to get over the English channel. Just where the hell do they get this amount of money from cos according to the caught smuggler it's money up front not money to be paid later.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

These aren't doctors, nurses, engineers, architects....y'know someone who could actually contribute to the society they enter but some of the most dirt poor men from very tribal areas and yet we see them with western clothes often designer, smart phones and nikes.

This hasn't been proven but I still have friends/distant family in Zimbabwe and Namibia and I've been told in the past that one of the ways they pay for their smuggling is by selling their sisters/daughters/wives!! It wouldn't surprise me if it were true.Getting to the bottom of who/what group is funding this mass migration is essential.

There is also a serious hostage situation that smugglers employ....as most migrants pay middle men for their passage, often these middle men won't pay the smugglers the full amount and the smugglers will only take the migrants as far as Libya. Once in Libya their families are asked to pay the outstanding balance which of course very few can do, otherwise the migrants are sold at slave markets which have now sprung up in Libya as a result of all the human smuggling, something that never happened under Ghadaffi. However with the average cost around £4000 per trip, I fail to see just how these people are finding the money to risk this course of action.
edit on 5-2-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

new topics

join