It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your 'Signature' Sandwich? =9

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: Sheye

I use mayo sometimes, and garlic powder always, grilled cheese is hands down one of my favourite sandwiches!

I love Paninis, my favourite thing to make is caramelized onions, thin sliced beef, smoked cheddar and swiss cheese,with some crispy pepperoni or sometimes chorizo.

... and honestly, just some real good ham and cheese on a panini bread is awesome!

My body is not good with carbs though, so it's not often i get to use my Panini press or enjoy sandwiches.

those sound excellent love grilled cheeses.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mashed avocado
Spring mix lettuce
Everything hummus
Kalamata olives in oil
Vegan cheese shreds
Small croutons
Veggie bacon bits
Cucumber-dill dressing
Sliced roma tomato
Dash of salt and lotts of black pepper all wraped up in a spinach, black bean or tomat wrap.
YUM!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
Mashed avocado
Spring mix lettuce
Everything hummus
Kalamata olives in oil
Vegan cheese shreds
Small croutons
Veggie bacon bits
Cucumber-dill dressing
Sliced roma tomato
Dash of salt and lotts of black pepper all wraped up in a spinach, black bean or tomat wrap.
YUM!

That sounds incredible, have found a sun dried tomato wrap that I love as I try to eliminate as bread as I can from my diet. The rest are ingredients I already love except the vegan cheese shreds and veggie bacon bits. Needless to say 2 of my vices but do tell about these healthy choices? what brands are good? Trying eat well/diet recently this sounds like great flavors....yummmmm!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
Mashed avocado
Spring mix lettuce
Everything hummus
Kalamata olives in oil
Vegan cheese shreds
Small croutons
Veggie bacon bits
Cucumber-dill dressing
Sliced roma tomato
YUM!

That sounds incredible, have found a sun dried tomato wrap that I love as I try to eliminate as bread as I can from my diet. The rest are ingredients I already love except the vegan cheese shreds and veggie bacon bits. Needless to say 2 of my vices but do tell about these healthy choices? what brands are good? Trying eat well/diet recently this sounds like great flavors....yummmmm!

SO yummy!
As far as the vegan cheese and the vegan bacon bits - mixed into a sandwich you can't really tell the difference.
For brands, I use Go Veggie brand. Can find it in most grocery stores in the vegan or health food section. They have shredded, slices, cheese sticks and even cream cheese made with coconut oil that'll knock your socks off! For the bacon bits I use regular Mcormick Bac'N Pieces. For the dressing, I make it myself, here's the recipe (with alternative vegan choices if so desired):

1 medium cuke, peeled, seeded and chopped into small pieces
3/4 cup of Greek yogurt (or non dairy plain yogurt like Dayia)
2 Tablespoons of milk (or unsweetened coconut milk / almond milk)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Mix together and chill.
For traditional Tzatziki sauce just add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice

For the hummus I sometimes make my own but for the most part I love all kinds of hummus and most of the brands - Tribe, Lantana, Sabra, they are all good. My Favorite brand lately though is the brand: Eat Well Enjoy Life. They have the most interesting flavors... black bean, white bean, carrot, cucumber, etc.

As far as the bread goes - You can find many wraps by Josephs that are low carb and fortified with other nutrients, but be careful... when something is taken out, something is always put back in, in its place. I'd rather have the carbs vs. the added chemicals you know what I'm saying? You could also do that same sandwich in a lettuce wrap! You could also make some egg-white thins by mixing egg whites, spices and almond flour or garbanzo bean flour or quinoa flour - use a round cake pan and bake until cooked. Cool it, use it as a wrap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join