It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your 'Signature' Sandwich? =9

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Heres how you order a subway.

edit on 2 2 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 2 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Do you use mayo instead of butter when making a grilled cheese ? Much more color and crispness , not to mention flavour. Sometimes I sprinkle just a light dusting of onion and garlic powder along with just a few sprinkles of cayenne on the mayo, for a bit more punch.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Really?
I never thought of that!
Does it still taste like mayo, or just sorta blend into the bread flavor??

And no worries if you forget to take the butter from the fridge!!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Really?
I never thought of that!
Does it still taste like mayo, or just sorta blend into the bread flavor??

And no worries if you forget to take the butter from the fridge!!

I saw it on a cooking show, and the flavour of mayo is very mild as it’s cooked into the bread.
The crispiness is what I enjoy. Watch it though ( don’t cook on high heat ) .. though a grilled cheese should never be cooked on high heat.

You won’t be sorry you tried it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Not healthy:

Fry and slightly stirred egg into a bread shape and size, flip it over and top with shredded cheese(I use a lot) cover and turn off the burner refrigerate when cheese melts and egg is done..
The next day I use mayo and spicy mustard put the egg/cheese on the bread and add sweet relish, two strips of veggie bacon onion and tomato.
Killer in more ways than one!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
MY favorite right now, fry a flour tortilla flip and add shredded cheese, fold and brown

Open it and add taco sauce diced tomato' and diced onion. jalapeno slices.

heart attack food! Yum!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't really have one, but if I did, it'd be either:

1. "some coffee and a hot ham sandwich," as per Tom T. Hall's song, Who's Gonna Feed Them Hogs.
... or ...
2. a butter-fried peanut and butter sandwich.

:
edit on 2019 2 02 by incoserv because: added the video.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Liverwurst and onion with brown mustard on lightly toasted or grilled marble rye.
Is that really you dad?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The best sub I have had is at the Ambassador bar in Houghton. They also have a real great tostada pizza there.

They used to have a really good steak sandwich take out drive through in Sheboygan Wisconsin, but I do not know if it is still there.

I have had great sandwiches at restaurants over the years, but most of those places went out of business or new owners took over and the sandwiches changed for the worse. A good cudighi is worth going out of your way for, but I do not like the ones with Fennel in them. Ralphs and Tino's pizza got good cudighis around here, some Italians make much better homemade stuff though.

I make good hamburgers and BLTs, but other than that I am not the best at making subs. In fact I suck at it.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Sometimes I use mayo on the inside but always melt/brown with butter. I do not make grilled cheese without slices of tomato-ripe or green.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Stared and flag ya even before I read your post, purely because of the title.

I gotta love me a sandwich.

Gluten free, nightshade free bread (cos I have to)
Peanut butter
Mayonnaise
Tomatoes (if I could still eat them)
Cucumber
Lettuce
Rocket or mustard leaf (for the bitter and spicey)
Cheese
Corn chips
Some kind of meat (not vital)
Grated carrot and beetroot
Gerkin
Feijoa chutney
More peanut butter and mayonnaise
Topped with the top slice of bread
Oh and heaps of cracked pepper and some salt.

Need a huge mouth to eat.

Loved reading all the suggestions.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I love sandwiches!!

My most favorite sammiches all both pretty simple:

Favorite to eat = Just a plain ol' grilled cheese on white bread.

Sammich I get the most compliments on = Grilled flank steak (marinated in soy) on crusty white bread with Hellman's mayo and fresh ground black pepper.

Best sammich ingredient = Sweet-hot pickle slices OR roasted marinated bell peppers.

Best cheese for a sammich = Provolone, hands down.

Golden sammich rule = If it has lettuce, it MUST have thinly sliced tomato (lightly salted), and it MUST have Hellman's mayo.

Easiest and best sammich when you're on a pitching deck of a boat in the baking sun (and starving) = Oscar mayer ham and yellow mustard on white bread (all from 7-11 on the way to the marina before the sun comes up, and stuffed into a cooler on deck until you're so hungry you can't stand it anymore). Just something about the smell of diesel fumes and a ham & mustard sandwich in the scorching sun. It smells like...victory!
edit on 2/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Banana and Peanut Butter
Not fried though.

So under rated ...

Been years since Ive had this, my ex mother in law made them and it sounds gross but it actually pretty damn good unusual sandwich.

Peanut butter
Onion preferably Vidalia
ham
pine apple
a tad bit of mayo

really good if you slap it together and cook like a grilled cheese with 3 slices of bread, peanut butter right on the inside of the grilled sides. All the flavors work so well together.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I use mayo sometimes, and garlic powder always, grilled cheese is hands down one of my favourite sandwiches!

I love Paninis, my favourite thing to make is caramelized onions, thin sliced beef, smoked cheddar and swiss cheese,with some crispy pepperoni or sometimes chorizo.

... and honestly, just some real good ham and cheese on a panini bread is awesome!

My body is not good with carbs though, so it's not often i get to use my Panini press or enjoy sandwiches.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
These burritos look weird.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Now there's a crazy sounding sammich!!

Might just have to try that one!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Pan fry some bannock. Cut in half and score the inner halves as a homemade pita bread.

Fill with anything and I do mean anything you want in there. Slices of leftover pot roast, turkey, ham, whatever you have. Lettuce, cheese, jalapeños, banana peppers, rice, beans, whatever you got that sounds good. Mustard, Italian dressing, worchestire sauce, whatever floats your boat. Heck you can spoon in some chicken pot pie or an omelette if you want to do so.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Subway - Chicken Bacon Ranch (hold the Ranch) on honey oat bread, moz cheese, toasted. With Tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, light mayo, salt and pepper.

Which wich - Classic club, hot which, with tomatoes, spinach, light mayo, salt pepper.

At home, Bologna on Cinnamon raisin bread.... try it...its amazing

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Banana and Peanut Butter
Not fried though.

So under rated ...

Been years since Ive had this, my ex mother in law made them and it sounds gross but it actually pretty damn good unusual sandwich.

Peanut butter
Onion preferably Vidalia
ham
pine apple
a tad bit of mayo

really good if you slap it together and cook like a grilled cheese with 3 slices of bread, peanut butter right on the inside of the grilled sides. All the flavors work so well together.

That actually sounds good
I am going to try it

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Banana and Peanut Butter
Not fried though.

So under rated ...

Peanut butter
Onion preferably Vidalia
ham
pine apple
a tad bit of mayo

That actually sounds good
I am going to try it

it is good works well together have used bacon instead of ham, but even as a bacon junkie, ham works better. Banana works well here also but its not essential. Its not upper crust either its mostly throw together what you got, so regular honey wheat or white bread work great, but have use challah just make sure slices are thin enough.

Also really like the thanksgiving leftover sandwich, again sounds weird but together works so well. Bread gravy mashed potatoes stuffing or dressing as we call it here in the south and cranberry sauce, preferably homemade. Again cook like a grilled cheese making sure insides get warm. Great when you are tired of leftovers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join