posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

God is Neutral...

No God is Asexual...

Actually, God is Bisexual...

...Oh wait...I am God...

No...I am 'I am'...

I think i going banana...

No, God isn't bisexual either. God has no sexual desire for any gender, period. Just read my abovet post.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sex is more than what most people know it to be...

Have you ever heard of something call Sexual Magick!

Certain group of people have find ways to harness the sex energy...use for many many things...other than sexual intercouse...

There have been stories where people had a near-death experience...and they experience this white light...turnel...then experience an orgasmic state beyond normal...

We might called sex because it closely associated with that feeling...

As a human being we lack the knowledge of what the sexual energy is all about...

Only the elites knows the truth about it

I think therefore I am...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Isn't there like 50 references to gay relations in the bible, not to mention incest and what not?

And which of those references (50? You sure?) refer to it as a good thing, and not a sin against God?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
No, God isn't bisexual either. God has no sexual desire for any gender, period. Just read my abovet post.

He impregnated Mary, didn't he? Oh, but it wasn't "sexual impregnation," because he's God. What a cop-out.

Herman, what you're doing here is assuming you know God - like so many do. "I know the nature of the Unknowable, but you can't."

I'm not agreeing with skippy in any way at all - in fact, my argument is quite different from the original one: that you have no way of proving whether or not God is or is not homosexual. No way. To claim otherwise is blasphemy.

By the way, if you believe in the same God of the bible (ie: the God about whom you're arguing), then you believe that the bible is inspired by the word of God, thus taking care of the other point you told us all not to use.

I'd like a response from you please.

I will give you a response. You're telling him what he has to believe, if he believes such-and-such. "Well, if you believe in the bible god, then you have to believe this about him, or you don't believe in him."

He can believe the bible is the "inspired word of god," likewise he can disbelieve it - it's not your call to judge what he can or cannot believe. Of course, you likely believe that you have the final word on everything.

Nonsense.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
He impregnated Mary, didn't he? Oh, but it wasn't "sexual impregnation," because he's God. What a cop-out.

God did not have sexual desire for Mary, nor did he need a penis to impregnate her.

Herman, what you're doing here is assuming you know God - like so many do. "I know the nature of the Unknowable, but you can't."

Oh, am I? Where you do you get off making these insulting assumptions of me? If you really knew me, you would know that one of my basic beliefs on God is that he IS so vast and complex that we can never fully comprehend him. However, I do know what he said in the bible regarding homosexuality, which is what this argument is about.

I will give you a response. You're telling him what he has to believe, if he believes such-and-such. "Well, if you believe in the bible god, then you have to believe this about him, or you don't believe in him."

He can believe the bible is the "inspired word of god," likewise he can disbelieve it - it's not your call to judge what he can or cannot believe. Of course, you likely believe that you have the final word on everything.

Nonsense.

Well, if you would actually READ what I said instead of THINKING you have the jist of it and basing your response off of that, you would see what I actually meant. If he were to just say "Any God of any religion", then he'd be right. It is possible that there could be a gay God. But he did not. He's arguing about the God I believe in, and the God I believe in inspired the bible which looks at homosexuality as a sin.

Of course, you likely believe that you have the final word on everything.

Thanks for the blind judgement on my character; I just love that.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

God did not have sexual desire for Mary, nor did he need a penis to impregnate her.

I rest my case - "because he's God."

Oh, am I? Where you do you get off making these insulting assumptions of me? If you really knew me, you would know that one of my basic beliefs on God is that he IS so vast and complex that we can never fully comprehend him. However, I do know what he said in the bible regarding homosexuality, which is what this argument is about.

Then you should have said that. But the point is you said: "if you believe in the same God of the bible...then you believe that the bible is inspired by the word of God..." in other words: "if you believe A then you also believe B, or else you do NOT believe in A." You're generalizing that which, even according to you, cannot be generalized.

Well, if you would actually READ what I said instead of THINKING you have the jist of it and basing your response off of that, you would see what I actually meant. If he were to just say "Any God of any religion", then he'd be right. It is possible that there could be a gay God. But he did not. He's arguing about the God I believe in, and the God I believe in inspired the bible which looks at homosexuality as a sin.

Right, so basically, you're telling him what to believe, because you believe in it in this way or that, and apparently, your way is the only way.

Thanks for the blind judgement on my character; I just love that.

Hey, I was just judging based on what you wrote, and the manner in which you presented it. I also see that you took my advice, got pissed, and...well...almost started using insults. I'm proud that you didn't.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I rest my case - "because he's God."

Yes, because he's God. God does not have sexual desires; God is neither homosexual or heterosexual.

Then you should have said that. But the point is you said: "if you believe in the same God of the bible...then you believe that the bible is inspired by the word of God..." in other words: "if you believe A then you also believe B, or else you do NOT believe in A." You're generalizing that which, even according to you, cannot be generalized.

I didn't tell you all of my beliefs because that's not what the thread was about. It was about one issue. And yes, if he's arguing about THE SAME God that I'm arguing about, then the bible can be used. He is arguing about the God of the Bible. The bible states that God inspired the bible to be written. So yes, if he is arguing about the same God that I am, he does need to believe that the bible was inspired by the word of God.

Right, so basically, you're telling him what to believe, because you believe in it in this way or that, and apparently, your way is the only way.

I'll try to explain this again. Just because the entirety of God can't be comprehended by our minds does not mean that some parts are not concrete. IF he is arguing about the SAME GOD that I AM, the Christian God who inspired the Christian bible, then he would have to see that God cannot be Gay. Because the God I'm talking about condemns homosexuality in the bible that I believe he inspired. If he was just saying "It's possible for a God to be gay, but not neccesarily your God," then it would make sense and he would be right. But he's trying to butt in to MY beliefs and tell me the God I believe in is gay, regardless of what I believe God said. If he wants to argue about my beliefs, he must also use the same guidelines as I follow. If he's talking about a different God....talk away.

Hey, I was just judging based on what you wrote, and the manner in which you presented it. I also see that you took my advice, got pissed, and...well...almost started using insults. I'm proud that you didn't.

I got pissed and almost used insults? You're the one who's insulted me already on more than one occasion. You're the one trying to tell me that I can't have my own beliefs. And tell me how you could have gotten this:

only from what I wrote? It was a blind judgement on my character, and I don't appreciate that.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, ok:

God does is not a man - and that is NOT the easy way it. It is fact. God loves all of us - women, men, gay, straight, etc etc.

This is the only logical answer - an all-loving God would do this, no doubt.

To you nay-sayers who quote men and the Bible, we know not that they are true? So, don't quote false sources.

That pretty much sums it up.

-wD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am not sure if anyone mentioned this, but this entire topic is a logical fallacy, because the author is asking us all to prove a negative. Which is a fallacy.

God is an all encompassing force of this universe, infinitesimal, yet infinite, feminine, but also masculine, powerful but also tender. He is a dichatomy, a paradox, but a paradox that makes so much sense - go figure.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
When we speak of God, we speak about a transcendental personality of God or the cosmic conciousness.

God is beyone the pairs of duality. He is neither gay nor heterosexual. He is pure existence. Not feminine nor masculine. He is the giver of life he is pure love.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Yes, because he's God. God does not have sexual desires; God is neither homosexual or heterosexual.

Okay, if you say so. It's obvious that this is a lose-lose argument, so this is going to be my "drop it" post.

I didn't tell you all of my beliefs because that's not what the thread was about. It was about one issue. And yes, if he's arguing about THE SAME God that I'm arguing about, then the bible can be used. He is arguing about the God of the Bible. The bible states that God inspired the bible to be written. So yes, if he is arguing about the same God that I am, he does need to believe that the bible was inspired by the word of God.

I didn't know that people couldn't have varying beliefs on something. Last I checked, you can have your own vision of something. Give me the verse that states what you claim - not merely implies it, but clearly states "the bible is inspired by God." People can have different views on the same God. People can have different views on the same car - the Eclipse was inspired by the Camero, or the Eclipse was inspired by the RX-7. Just a random analogy, which you'll likely discount.

I'll try to explain this again. Just because the entirety of God can't be comprehended by our minds does not mean that some parts are not concrete.

Assuming the bible is concrete, which I personally have no reason to believe it is.

IF he is arguing about the SAME GOD that I AM, the Christian God who inspired the Christian bible, then he would have to see that God cannot be Gay.

Because you say so, right?

Because the God I'm talking about condemns homosexuality in the bible that I believe he inspired.

He also condemns murder in the bible that you believe he expired - yet he is the King of Murderers. See my point?

he's trying to butt in to MY beliefs and tell me the God I believe in is gay, regardless of what I believe God said.

It appears that you're doing the same thing. I may be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

If he wants to argue about my beliefs, he must also use the same guidelines as I follow.

Why? Because your beliefs are superior?

I got pissed and almost used insults?

Yes.

You're the one who's insulted me already on more than one occasion. You're the one trying to tell me that I can't have my own beliefs.

Unintentionally, perhaps. Actually, I'm the one telling you that you seem to think everyone has to believe exactlty as you do for a debate to take place.

And tell me how you could have gotten this:

only from what I wrote? It was a blind judgement on my character, and I don't appreciate that.

It was a judgement, based on the attitude and tone from your post. I don't know you, so obviously I can't judge you - but I can judge the image you bring forth.

Anyway, this is a "going nowhere" thread, so I'm bowing out of it from here.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't know why I'm responding, since you obviously given up, started using circular logic, and "bowed out". You are forcing yourself to use a one-track mind. Get out of that habbit.

I didn't know that people couldn't have varying beliefs on something. Last I checked, you can have your own vision of something. Give me the verse that states what you claim - not merely implies it, but clearly states "the bible is inspired by God." People can have different views on the same God. People can have different views on the same car - the Eclipse was inspired by the Camero, or the Eclipse was inspired by the RX-7. Just a random analogy, which you'll likely discount.

You see, you're just repeating the same argument without really considering what I'm saying here. The original poster is trying to tell me something about MY beliefs, that the God I believe in, the way I believe could be gay.

Basically it's:
Him: "Your God could be Gay. Not the way I believe in him, the way you believe in him."

Me: "But I believe the bible was inspired by the word of God and God condemns homosexuality, thus the God I believe in can't be Gay"

Him: "no, you can't do that. Your beliefs don't matter, your God could still be gay."

Do you understand what I'm saying here?

Because you say so, right?

Yes, of course. I have concrete beliefs so I must be close-minded and think that my beliefs matter above anyone else's....

He also condemns murder in the bible that you believe he expired - yet he is the King of Murderers. See my point?

How exactly is he the kind of murder?

It appears that you're doing the same thing. I may be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

Yes, I think you're wrong. I've already said it. If he wants to believe that God is gay, let him. If he wants to say that within HIS beliefs, there is no evidence of God not being gay, let him. But if he wants to butt into MY beliefs....he has to also go by what I believe. It's like if I were to go to someone who had a bible claiming that God was a homosexual. It says so in his bible. I say "Hey, your God is straight and you can't prove me wrong". He says "No, it says in my bible that he's gay". I say "You can't use that. Your God could still be straight".

Why? Because your beliefs are superior?

Oh yes, of course. What are you trying to say here? Are you saying that I can't believe in the bible the way I want to? That I can't believe that God really did condemn homosexuality?

I got pissed and almost used insults?

Yes.

When?

Unintentionally, perhaps. Actually, I'm the one telling you that you seem to think everyone has to believe exactlty as you do for a debate to take place.

No, you're just not listening to what I say. You seem to be skimming over my posts and then making the assumption that I'm saying anyone who believes in God can't believe he's gay. I've already refuted that a few times.

Add this to the fact that God never needs to reproduce, thus he has no sexual desire, the definition of homosexuality including sexual desire....but I've already said that a few times which you've ignored.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
God = doG

so, a dog is a symbol of God!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
God is obviously gay. God is the king of "do as I say not as I do." God did kill Sodom and Gomorrah for gayness. Yet God never ordered people to kill gays, only witches. So God can kill gays but we can't. Simple hypocrisy, or a double standard if you will.

Why do you think God got mad at the Nephilim? Because they left sexual bondage to him to go have straight relations with the women of Earth. There is no mention of female angels. And they were able to reproduce with human beings. So the angels wanted to be straight instead of praising God with incestuous pedophile sex.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just because God condemns man sleeping with men that doesn't mean that "God" has no sexual preference.

Homosexual sex is a sin for humanity according to the bible not to God. Just like calling oneself God is a sin in the bible but is not a sin to God.

The trinity IS 3 MALES isn't it?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think there is other ways to say to the world that your gay

some loves woman (me) and other loves men (you)
everyone have freewill to choose what they want in life (we are all egual)

but dont mix everyone in the same bucket
the only things that is unatural in gay men (closing your DNA loop)
in your DNA evolutive cell in you .. it stops there if you turn gay
this image below show what happen
look where it start and end

and this below represent real evolution
you might recognise its our DNA structure

and it make the infinty sign X

make kids with Love with you partner and then raise them with Love
and you have evolution at the end (but there is no end)
it goes on and on and on for thousand of years .. more like millions of yrs
until you turn gay and you close the evolution loop
remember Time is irrelevant on earth

nobody wants a closing loop in their familly
everyone should know how our DNA is so important !

so its impossible that God is gay (your thread is really full of s***)
you really have no respect to God big Creation
and big plan for all of us
edit on 10/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Any proof that he is not gay?

God is fully spirit and doesn't have a physical body with sex organs.
Therefore .. god is not straight and god is not gay.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You have a severe lack of understanding of theology and of what is spiritual vs what is physical. God didn't 'impregnate Mary' using a penis. God is a spirit and doesn't have a penis. Scripture states clearly that she became pregant when the Spirit of God 'overshadowed her'. There was no sex involved.

I rest my case - "because he's God

You 'rest your case'?? Only in your dreams.
Saying that he didn't have sex with Mary 'because he is God' isn't a 'cop out' (your word)
It's just the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LOL. Yeah it's that time of day again.

Trololololol

lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hi, J., you changed your avatar. I must say I liked the Lion.

God's sexual preferences... what a weird thread.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join